ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old August 1st, 2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Indian Teases A New Model Announcement

Indian Motorcycles is big on history. So, if recent history is applicable, we expect to see a new Indian model announced tomorrow at the 74th annual Sturgis Rally. The clues are everywhere.

First, Indian unveiled its entire model line last year at the famed rally, which just so happens to have started its existence as an event for Indian riders. Second, take a look at the screen shot of the manufacturer’s website above and note the uncrated bike. Since the bike is on the far left with the others arranged in order of retail price, we can assume (although that’s always risky, according to Felix Unger) the new bike will be priced less than the other models. Then there’s the date 8.2.14 on the crate. Hmm, when do you think this mystery will be solved?

Now, we’ll head into Conjecture Land. History would imply the new model will bear the name of a historic model. Since Burt Munro’s son, John Munro, is attending Sturgis at Indian’s bidding, our collective prediction will be that the new model will be an Indian Scout.

Want to go further down the rabbit hole? This engine might be liquid-cooled. We have a quartet of design trademark application diagrams that says Polaris has liquid-cooling in its quiver for future use. Also, releasing the company’s first water pumper in a performance-oriented motorcycle makes sense from the perspective of maximum power potential. What makes us think that a sporty indian lurks inside the box? How about these two teaser videos released by Indian.

With quotes like “Power is awesome. You can ride it all day long…” and “I like the cruiser and I like the brand equity … but I don’t want to have to sacrifice the power and adrenaline in a spirited ride,” the engine will likely be fairly powerful.

With this much attention focused on Indian’s teasers about Sturgis, we suppose you won’t be surprised to find that we’ve got our man, Evans Brasfield, up there to report back with any Indian news.

Indian Teases A New Model Announcement appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...