ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old October 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM   #1
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

RIP another fallen rider - Be careful out there

Does it ever get any easier? Honestly? I've been riding for a year now, 5 accidents have happened to close friends during that time. First one was my husband, high sided on some gravel. By the time I got to the hospital and saw that he was okay, the shock had kept me numb long enough I didn't freak out.

And now the most recent accident, only this friend didn't get up and walk away.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/200...airman-killed/

I'm still trying to understand what happened. He had 300 ft to let go of the bike.. *sighs* I worked with this kid every day. He just got back from a deployment and we told him over and over an '05 R1 was way too much. I'm still kinda numb and it hasn't quite sunk in yet that every time I go into CTK he won't be in there to tell me some retarded story about him riding his bike or his mustang or anything. I was the only other sport bike rider in the squadron (there's not many of us anyways 3 or 4 maybe) he felt comfortable talking to I guess because he always talked to me about his bike.

I'm not quite sure how to cope with this. Everyone else that had a wreck walked away and I was able to go to the hospital and make fun of them for it. We went to the wreck site today and it just made the numbness worse.

Please, if there's anything to take away from this

Don't haul ass on the streets!
Nobody should ever get a 1k sport bike for a first bike (not sure if this was his first bike either)
(we're not 100% sure how the wreck happened step by step, but I just can't stop thinking if he had been on a smaller bike he might have had the chance to let go)
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM   #2
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

Name: Manoj

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 SE

this is crazy!!! definitely everyone watch out. it is really sad to see how many accidents are happening. I'm really sorry for this kid's family and friends and my thoughts go out to them. i guess we can only wonder if he had been on a smaller bike, would this have happened. guess we really can never know. who knows what would have happened even if he was on say a 250. i do agree that no should have a 1000cc supersport as a first bike. theres no reason for that much power and no reason to start off that high.

greezmunky, take it easy and you yourself be careful out there. theres always going to be a car out there thats not paying attention, just have to be ready for it any time. im not going to say that i don't speed because i do, just got to be careful when and where i do it. everyone be careful and eyes open always.

we ride to ride safe and smooth.
CrzyFstMnM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

My condolences to his family and friends, and to you as well, Tor. I'll refrain from posting any opinions regarding the situation or his choice of bike out of respect, and I'd like to try and advise others to keep it to a minimum here.

As always, this is a sobering reminder of why we need to be careful and ride well within our limits out on the streets. Exercise good judgement and keep your suspicious eyes open!

RIP to the rider.
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2009, 08:11 PM   #4
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Sad story. Prayers go out to his family.

Last futzed with by bob706; October 21st, 2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: part of post construed as inappropriate
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2009, 08:13 PM   #5
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
My condolences to his family and friends, and to you as well, Tor. I'll refrain from posting any opinions regarding the situation or his choice of bike out of respect, and I'd like to try and advise others to keep it to a minimum here.

As always, this is a sobering reminder of why we need to be careful and ride well within our limits out on the streets. Exercise good judgement and keep your suspicious eyes open!

RIP to the rider.
very true. im sorry if i expressed anything. i didn't mean to. im just sad to see another person get hurt. life is so precious. now all we can do is remember our fallen riders and keep their families in our thoughts and remember that when we ride.

Old October 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM   #6
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
It dose not get easier. I have lost three close friends in four years . One just last month . Plus injuries. Like reading about Jon Broom and Becky. I know some OLD motorcycle racers. I now understand why they are a bit standoffish. At first I thought they where shy or stuck up . But now I realise they have buried a lot of friends and it is hard to make new friends. That whole "they died doing what they loved "thing is getting to me. I don't want to hear that anymore. My last friend was doing everything right .Full gear . Bright yellow helmet MSF course. Never rode fast . But made 1 mistake and was not forgiven . He did not even get a warning . Like a near miss or anything. I was looking forward to riding with him when the leaves turned color in the fall . now I see the leaves and cry. It sucks and hurts .I am sorry you are going through this pain also .
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM   #7
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Thank you for sharing Eric, I never thought about the old racers pov.. It helps to know there are others out there in my same situation right now.
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:44 AM   #8
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

I'm still trying to understand what happened. He had 300 ft to let go of the bike.”

At 60 mph you cover 300 feet in a little over 3 seconds not much time really.

Sorry to hear that he died
RIP.

Steve

Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:11 AM   #9
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Thoughts and prayers for family

HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2009, 05:17 AM   #10
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Lots of our soldiers are returning from the "front", buying a fast bike and killing themselves. It's one of the main reasons military bases are implementing MSF classes and making them mandatory, before bikes can be brought on base.

God bless his family and may he RIP.
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:02 AM   #11
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyFstMnM View Post
very true. im sorry if i expressed anything. i didn't mean to. im just sad to see another person get hurt. life is so precious. now all we can do is remember our fallen riders and keep their families in our thoughts and remember that when we ride.
Hey Manoj, I just wanted to clarify that my post wasn't directed at you or anything...it's just at the time you and I were the only ones to respond
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2009, 06:08 AM   #12
CrzyFstMnM
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
Hey Manoj, I just wanted to clarify that my post wasn't directed at you or anything...it's just at the time you and I were the only ones to respond
no no i totally understand James, when u said that i realized too that i didn't want anyone to think i was blaming anything ya know. you were right, lets focus on the kid's family and friends and then we should take the lesson and hope another rider doesn't get hurt or anything

Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:21 AM   #13
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:43 AM   #14
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Sorry to hear about this. I too have buried a few "doing what they loved to do."
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM   #15
blackfocal
ninjette.org member

Name: kyle

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

he was 21 he still had his whole life ahead of him. Im the same age and it sucks hearing someone as young as me is killed doing something like that. IF only...

im sorry to hear about your loss.
blackfocal is offline   Reply With Quote