ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

I hate health.

Basically I've felt like sh*t for the past year because of digestive issues and chronic postnasal drip.

I thought it was due to allergies. I got tested and nothing came up positive.

The doctor decides to give me several medications over a period of time. All in all, I took Fluticasone propionate, Nasonex, Singulair and Prednisone. But none of them did any good. It really pissed me off because I thought the doctor should have given me antibiotics much sooner.

Process of elimination. I figure if it's not allergies, it must be some badass infection that just won't go away. I never got an X-Ray but the doctor eventually prescribes me a stronger antibiotic called Augmentin. I took it for 10 days but no dice there, either.

Now I'm going to the doctor in a week probably so he can stick a fiber optic down my throat to see what the hell is wrong with me.

My guess is that I have some type of acid reflux and that I am going to be prescribed yet another medication (Nexium?) that doesn't do a damn thing.

I hate pharmaceuticals, I think they are the root of all evil.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:38 PM   #2
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Chasing problems with drugs can often lead to just more problems or just concentrating on the problem so much that it becomes an issue.

I also /had the chronic post nasal drip however I have found that by focusing my energy towards better health and hydration that my symptoms have subsided.

Try the natural Rx free stuff in between visits and relax. Through the years of nursing I have found that doing this either eliminates the need for medications OR usually ensures that the medications are effective and side effects are minimal. Remember healthly and hydrated.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 01:53 AM   #3
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Be glad the camera is going down your throat and not in your other openings.

Old November 4th, 2011, 03:05 AM   #4
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Yeah. I've heard a "molonoscopy" really sucks ass.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #6
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

I have a deviated nasal septum which causes me to have constant sinus problems.
Only correction is surgery which my insurance will not cover.

I also had acid reflux which was not fun but I learned what foods/beverages triggered the symptoms and now I avoid them.
Used nexium for two months then didn't need it anymore.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #7
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

My friend had a sinus infection for 4-6 months many bouts of antibiotics and nothing got better. Finally a smart doctor. upped his acid reflux meds and WALAH!! no more sinus infections and that was an easy fix finally. So check into that and get better soon.

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #8
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
My friend had a sinus infection for 4-6 months many bouts of antibiotics and nothing got better. Finally a smart doctor. upped his acid reflux meds and WALAH!! no more sinus infections and that was an easy fix finally. So check into that and get better soon.
Yeah, it is possible that what I have is an infection. Taking too much antibiotics can actually cause a rebound. But I never got an X-Ray so there's really no way for me to know for sure.

I really hate taking medication because they just seem to blanket your symptoms and make you worse further down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD575 View Post
I have a deviated nasal septum which causes me to have constant sinus problems.
Only correction is surgery which my insurance will not cover.

I also had acid reflux which was not fun but I learned what foods/beverages triggered the symptoms and now I avoid them.
Used nexium for two months then didn't need it anymore.
I have read somewhere that peanuts relax the lower esophageal sphincter. I have no idea why that might be but I eat a LOT of peanut butter so that raised a flag.

The thing that scares me about Nexium or other PPIs is that they will reduce the amount of acid my stomach produces. And I'm not sure if my acid reflux (if that's what I have) is due to too much acid or too little. Taking a PPI could be dangerous if the latter.

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #9
Vitamin-E
Cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Name: Elliott

Motorcycle(s): 2005 YZF-R6, 2008 Ninja ZX2.5R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
Basically I've felt like sh*t for the past year because of digestive issues and chronic postnasal drip.

I thought it was due to allergies. I got tested and nothing came up positive.

The doctor decides to give me several medications over a period of time. All in all, I took Fluticasone propionate, Nasonex, Singulair and Prednisone. But none of them did any good. It really pissed me off because I thought the doctor should have given me antibiotics much sooner.

Process of elimination. I figure if it's not allergies, it must be some badass infection that just won't go away. I never got an X-Ray but the doctor eventually prescribes me a stronger antibiotic called Augmentin. I took it for 10 days but no dice there, either.

Now I'm going to the doctor in a week probably so he can stick a fiber optic down my throat to see what the hell is wrong with me.

My guess is that I have some type of acid reflux and that I am going to be prescribed yet another medication (Nexium?) that doesn't do a damn thing.

I hate pharmaceuticals, I think they are the root of all evil.
Heed, listen to me biker brother. I have been there. Gastro-intestinal problems are no joke. They cause all kinds of effed up other things as well (i.e. sinus drip...).

This may cure your problem(s) or it may not, but it is WELL WORTH TRYING. It sounds crazy, I'll grant you that but what do you have to lose??? CLEAN YO-SELF OUT!!!

It brought me back from the brink. - VE

Old November 7th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #10
Heed

fck I fking hate doctors seriously. It's a back and forth game. It's like seeing a car mechanic who won't tell you what's wrong with your car until they've ran several unnecessary tests so he can milk the most $$$ out of you.

It's like you need to pull their teeth out to get them to tell you what you want to hear.

just got back from the doctor. my doctor wasn't in today so they gave me some Asian lady I never met before.

I told her my symptoms and she tells me she doesn't think I have acid reflux because "people with AR experience heartburn" (which I don't). are u ffing kidding me? What about LPR, which is essentially GERD only without heartburn? hence the name 'Silent Reflux'.

Either I am smarter than this doctor or she is keeping her mouth shut like a mechanic.

Dammit. Don't even bother seeing a doctor if all they're going to do is give you a cookie-cutter response you could've found on Wikipedia within 1 minute of doing your homework.

I swear I can solve this issue on my own without any of this BS.

I should have walked in there and said; "Listen lady, I want an upper GI endoscopy pronto and you tell me I don't have a weak LES."

So.. I go back in a few hours so they can run some labs on me that I have never heard of. Called a Tissue Transglutaminase AB IgA, Comp METABOLIC PNL, and TSH WITH REFLEX. At least that's what it says on my summary.

Not sure why it hasn't occurred to them to just give me an endoscopy. it's like you have to do everything yourself.

Seems like they are going to diagnose me for coeliac disease, check my liver and my thyroid which doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

/RANT

Oh and by the way, my Systolic blood pressure is 157. I wonder if that has anything to do with how pissed I am. /sarcasm

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #11
Vitamin-E

Heed, listen at me and HEED my words.

10 to 1 your gastro intestinal problems is the same thing I was dealing with.

$88.00 shipped to your door.....nothing to lose. Think about it.

http://www.drnatura.com

Old November 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #12
Heed

lmao, who is this guy? Stop advertising and GTFO.

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #13
Vitamin-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
lmao, who is this guy? Stop advertising and GTFO.
WTFever. Just trying to help.

Old November 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #14
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin-E View Post
WTFever. Just trying to help.
You know those colon cleansers and detox products are bullshit and you shouldn't have to take them under any circumstance.

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #15
Ytse Frobozz
Not dead yet!

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Make your heartburn a little bit better every day by following this one weird tip!
Ytse Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote