I'm 16
Wow. I'm 21.
Even more thumbs up to you good sir!
ProdigyRacingLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #42
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Tell them. If you get in an accident, and they call your mom, she'll really have a heart attack.

yup. thats the thing my brother and I think of all the time. we will tell them. just gotta find the right words to say. i know my dad wont mind. heck, he said he's thinkin of picking up a cruiser later on but kind of does not want to only because he knows when i fly home to visit, he'll either see the bike and i at home, or neither..haha
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #43
ProdigyRacingLA
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
yup. thats the thing my brother and I think of all the time. we will tell them. just gotta find the right words to say. i know my dad wont mind. heck, he said he's thinkin of picking up a cruiser later on but kind of does not want to only because he knows when i fly home to visit, he'll either see the bike and i at home, or neither..haha
Ha yeah my uncle recently got a bike (cruiser) and neither of us are home usually. Ha
Good luck with everything bro
ProdigyRacingLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #44
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyRacingLA View Post
Ha yeah my uncle recently got a bike (cruiser) and neither of us are home usually. Ha
Good luck with everything bro
Thanks man.....sorry OP, did not mean to thread jack you. back on topic
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #45
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
In recent times the largest demographic of unemployed people is 18-24 year olds. There are many that have moved back because of unemployment, underemployment or something similar. Living with your parents is often better than being homeless.
If you live anywhere near a major city, there are jobs everywhere despite the economy. It's not as if 18-24 year olds have any qualification or experience to do anything other than wait tables, clean dishes, and other labor and service tasks and these jobs are really not very hard to come by. You apply everywhere, show your eagerness to work, and someone will give you a chance. Then, it comes down to the individual to make something of that job. Just today, I interviewed a high school senior for a cashier position for one of the restaurants I manage. We got several dozens of applications as soon as we posted a wanted ad on craig's list. The only thing that made her stood out was that she kept calling and showing up at the restaurant to find out if the position is still available. That eagerness is all that it took for her to land a job despite no significant work experience or background that gave her an edge over the many others.

It can't be helped that some people will not get off their asses and get on with their lives, make a living, pay taxes, learn a trade, etc. There will always be a deviant segment of the population. What I believe is that this lifestyle is a choice, whether they want to accept this or not. So I don't think unemployment is causing them to move back to their parents' home. I think they are responsible for their own unemployment.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #46
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvninja View Post
It depends on culture a lot (at least in my case.) I'm 23 and I'm expected to live at home until I'm married, my brother is older and is expected to do the same. It's actually looked down upon to move out before then. Some of my cousins have moved out and the whole family freaks out, and I mean whole family as in uncles, and aunts. Although I plan on moving out before I'm married, but have to wait until I graduate, paying myself through nursing is a lot easier with mom & dad.

Thinking that this is living off your parents is incorrect (unless you really are lol) but in my family you live with your parents until you get married, no rent but you pay everything else. I will pay my dues when my parents are older and they need to live with me, or I need to support them. It's kind of a circle, they take care of me and help me out and in turn their children will do the same for them. Tthe best deal for them is that they will never go into a nursing home.
Not the exact same thing in my family, but essentially.

We don't pay rent, but we pay and do everything else. My parents actually moved to the states so instead of my sister brother and I moving out, they did

To me, it's not living off them, and like above post, I will support them later in life when they need it
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #47
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

To the OP, enjoy your new ride. Ride responsibly and congrats on your freedom from the family nest, thrown off as it were. It's time to flap those wings and fly.

Old March 5th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #48
Paracord
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Well I don't think they really wanted me gone and I couldn't take a hint because like I said before, even when I mentioned moving out like a month back they shut that down and told me I wasn't moving out yet so I don't know.
Paracord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #49
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

i wanted a bike since i was 14 and my parents didnt allow, nor could i afford it at the time, but once i moved out (at age 20) and joined the military, i did whatever i wanted. after a couple years of saving up, i was finally able to afford my ninja last september. i told my parents ive really been wanting a bike over the last couple years. they would always try and talk me out of it. but one day i was searching craislist and found a deal i couldnt pass up! sure they werent too excited about the bike (because they found out on facebook) , but they knew that i had to take the MSF course to be able to ride and wear my gear all the time. plus they trusted me that i was a safe rider and would learn on the ninja before getting a bigger bike.

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #50
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracord View Post
Well I don't think they really wanted me gone and I couldn't take a hint because like I said before, even when I mentioned moving out like a month back they shut that down and told me I wasn't moving out yet so I don't know.
It's rarely that clear cut. They got reasons to want to keep you around to watch over you and help you still. But put yourself in their shoes, too. They are getting older and you are just getting to your prime and, as Koreans would put it, your head's getting too big, so you don't listen to them anymore. On one hand, they are worried. On the other, they want to see you get independent. Believe me, regardless of the drama now, once you get settled and show them that you can handle your business(work, school, paying rent) and the bike, they'll be very proud of you.

Old March 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #51
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinorbit View Post
Changing the new rider's mind may not be their intent. Maybe they just wanted him out of the house. I'm sure they love him and all that, but enough is enough. If one's eighteen or older and can afford a luxury like a motorcycle, he or she should be financially independent. Some kids won't take a hint and need a good kick in the boot out the door. Ultimately, it's a good thing for both the parents and the child as they can move onto another phase of their lives.
My parents gave me the option of going to school or moving out when I turned 18. The funny part is even though I picked school, they made me pay for school by myself. So both options involved moving out and being on my own. To their defense, I was more then capable of supporting myself and I have 4 younger sisters that they need to provide for.
thisisbenji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #52
Luvninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Gabriela

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
My parents gave me the option of going to school or moving out when I turned 18. The funny part is even though I picked school, they made me pay for school by myself. So both options involved moving out and being on my own. To their defense, I was more then capable of supporting myself and I have 4 younger sisters that they need to provide for.
How does paying for school mean you have to move out? I pay for school, they help me by not making me pay rent.
Luvninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #53
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

The school I go to is 200 miles from my house. The tuition at the universities close to my house are all so high that I can pay rent + tuition at the one I go to for less.
thisisbenji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #54
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

I am 20 and live at home with my mom and go to the local University. I will probably live at home for another 4 years. If I can get a decent job straight out of college I will still live at home so I can have a good bit of money saved up for when I decide to move out. I may want to find a job in a different state and move there and buy a house. Who knows what my future holds. But I don't think kids should have to move out at 18 if they work part time and go to school. It is very hard to live a decent life that way. Not for me.

And I don't see why people see motorcycles as being sooo dangerous. It really is crazy. Yes you can easily die while riding one but guess what... You can die doing pretty much anything at any given time. There is one thing certain in life and that is death. It all comes down to how you want to spend your life until that time comes. For me... I want to enjoy my life. Motorcycling gives me so much happiness and joy that I think it is worth risking my life doing it. Call me stupid if you want. But I could just as easily be killed backing my car out of the driveway and a truck t-bone me. Or riding my bicycle down a city street and a car runs me over.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #55
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvninja View Post
It depends on culture a lot (at least in my case.) I'm 23 and I'm expected to live at home until I'm married, my brother is older and is expected to do the same. It's actually looked down upon to move out before then. Some of my cousins have moved out and the whole family freaks out, and I mean whole family as in uncles, and aunts. Although I plan on moving out before I'm married, but have to wait until I graduate, paying myself through nursing is a lot easier with mom & dad.
+1 In my family's culture, you live with your parents until they can no longer take care of themselves, then they live with you. Granted, since my parents moved to America, things are a little different. I will also be paying my dues when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
The school I go to is 200 miles from my house. The tuition at the universities close to my house are all so high that I can pay rent + tuition at the one I go to for less.
Community college? Or a technical school? At least for a while.. Though I will agree that a University is > Community college, in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
And I don't see why people see motorcycles as being sooo dangerous.
This is where a lot of people have misconstrued the safety of a motorcycle. Motorcycles are dangerous, there's no getting around that. As motorcyclists, we accept this fact and we live with it. A car is a cage, the amount of kinetic energy required to break a bone in your body while in a car is much greater than while you're on a motorcycle.

The amount of attention to the road required for a person to see a motorcycle is higher than for them to see a car. I don't understand how as a motorcyclist, you can say that riding a motorcycle is not that dangerous? If you run into a wall at 30 miles an hour, you will be injured. In a car, you will sustain much less injury and chances are you'll be able to walk. You won't be thrown from your vehicle into the path of anything else (even if it's a wall) either. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to get hit and seriously injured on a motorcycle than if you are in a car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the OP and those who are against his parents.. We all have our own concepts, and we all have our own theories. His parents (and many others) adopted the idea that they know what is better for their son than he does, and in most cases I think this is true. I'm 22, I bought my bike shortly after I turned 21, I hid it from my parents for close to a year, and then I chose to tell them. Here's the thing, your parents raised you from the ground up, literally. They brought you into this world, and as long as you are living with them they will do whatever they can to keep you there.

A lot of parents see their children moving out as the first step in adulthood, in that you will (even if you can't) take care of yourself. If you can sustain outside of your parents care (even if this means 3 jobs), then you can make your own decisions. It's proof to them that you can make your own choices. At that point, you are out of their hands, and to them they have to accept the choices you make for yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OP and anyone else: You are hardly 21. You have a lot of your life ahead of you. You may not care for your well being, but your parents do. Every time they read the news and hear about some motorcycle accident, guess who's hearts will skip a beat? Everytime they see a near miss who are they going to think about? I understand you seem to be in fairly good control of your life, but just keep it in consideration. It's not just you at stake, the well being of your parents, your loved ones, and the ones you have yet to meet are at stake.

I will be honest, I am 22, I am pretty close to selling my bike and buying a track only bike, simply because my chances of getting in an accident are lower. I've had my share of close calls, and I have no doubt in my own skills. But, there's a level of awareness that simply can not be achieved to prevent all accidents at the fault of another driver. My parents have relaxed on me concerning my motorcycle. I don't talk to them about it, and they don't see or hear it, simple as that. My mother is a nurse at a large hospital, so she sees people in and out, and it's something I know will always bother her.

For something to consider: We all want to enjoy life, tell me someone who doesn't. But a lot of us, in our 20's and lower, haven't even started to begin life. This is not to deter anyone from riding a motorcycle, but perhaps to adjust your reasoning.

[/rant] Lot's of stuff, probably not worth the time, but worth considering anyways.

Lastly: If there is nothing that anyone can do or say to change your mind, than stick with it: Motorcycles are pretty freaking awesome

Last futzed with by leed; March 7th, 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added some breaks for readability
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #56
Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
This is where a lot of people have misconstrued the safety of a motorcycle. Motorcycles are dangerous, there's no getting around that. As motorcyclists, we accept this fact and we live with it. A car is a cage, the amount of kinetic energy required to break a bone in your body while in a car is much greater than while you're on a motorcycle.

The amount of attention to the road required for a person to see a motorcycle is higher than for them to see a car. I don't understand how as a motorcyclist, you can say that riding a motorcycle is not that dangerous? If you run into a wall at 30 miles an hour, you will be injured. In a car, you will sustain much less injury and chances are you'll be able to walk. You won't be thrown from your vehicle into the path of anything else (even if it's a wall) either. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to get hit and seriously injured on a motorcycle than if you are in a car.

I wasn't comparing riding a motorcycle vs driving a car. I know cars are statistically safer. What I was trying to say is life is unpredictable ! Yes, you can lower your chances of being injured or killed by not riding a motorcycle. But that isn't for me.

I crashed my motorcycle three months ago and escaped without any broken bones. Meanwhile the bike had bent forks trashed fairings and a bent frame by the steering head. How is this possible? How did I walk away from falling off at 40+mph with only two bruises. But many years ago I got my nose broken from playing ultimate frisbee. I was just leaning forward to catch the disc when a friend came running into me trying to catch the disc before me. SO in my life experience I can say that ultimate frisbee is more dangerous than riding a motorcycle. But that isn't true is it? See what I am saying?

You can say motorcycling is dangerous (statistically it is) but anything in life can be dangerous. I am not going to live my life under a rock hoping I don't ever get injured or hurt. I am not one of those adrenaline freaks or anything like that. I am just not going to live my life in fear. When I crashed I was freaked out that I survived crashing without any major injuries. I though about giving up riding. But then I said, where do I draw the line. Should I stop taking showers because I may slip and fall and shatter my skull open. Should I not go out in the sun because I may get skin cancer.

Here is a great quote that I am quite fond of...

"If you just stop pushing, you stop evolving. You stop becoming something new. You become stagnant and you die off. You have to evolve. Life is precious; we only have so much time on this world... you might as-well go out there, live your life, live your dreams, do what you love, find that passion, find things that you love. And once you find it, well, go do it." -Jeb Corliss

To the OP. Do what you think is best. Do what you love. Live your life. Your family shouldn't ban you because you want to experience new things. You are just exploring this vast world.

Old March 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #57
leed
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I wasn't comparing riding a motorcycle vs driving a car. I know cars are statistically safer. What I was trying to say is life is unpredictable ! Yes, you can lower your chances of being injured or killed by not riding a motorcycle. But that isn't for me.
I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here, I understand what you're saying, really, I do. My point is that you simply cannot say motorcycling is not dangerous. We can go into the semantics, but playing ultimate frisbee is not dangerous. Driving (safely) is not dangerous (with an included redundancy with 'safely'). Driving drunk is dangerous. Sure, I know a few who've driven drunk and reported back that they were safe, while I've been T-boned while sober by a sober driver in the middle of the day, but that doesn't change the fact that driving drunk is dangerous to the driver and others.

You are simply more likely (you as in pick an average adult) to be seriously injured whilst riding a motorcycle vs playing ultimate frisbee or driving a car.

Bear in mind, it is not my intention to say "because it is dangerous, we should not do it." My point is "It is dangerous, and we accept that danger." After all, I, like most of us, ride as well. I ride on a day to day basis. I've put 10k on my bike within the year that I've owned it. For the most part, we all accept this danger by riding, despite what all the statistics show us, and most of us live to tell the tale. But saying that motorcycling on the road is a safe activity is simply being ignorant (no offense, honestly I think we both understand this, but we're looking at it from different angles).

I don't think I can emphasize this enough, I'm really only having issues with people saying that motorcycling is not dangerous. We all have our reasons to ride, and that's why we're here to begin with.

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #58
Jono

Quote:
I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here, I understand what you're saying, really, I do. My point is that you simply cannot say motorcycling is not dangerous. We can go into the semantics, but playing ultimate frisbee is not dangerous. Driving (safely) is not dangerous (with an included redundancy with 'safely'). Driving drunk is dangerous. Sure, I know a few who've driven drunk and reported back that they were safe, while I've been T-boned while sober by a sober driver in the middle of the day, but that doesn't change the fact that driving drunk is dangerous to the driver and others.

You are simply more likely (you as in pick an average adult) to be seriously injured whilst riding a motorcycle vs playing ultimate frisbee or driving a car.

Bear in mind, it is not my intention to say "because it is dangerous, we should not do it." My point is "It is dangerous, and we accept that danger." After all, I, like most of us, ride as well. I ride on a day to day basis. I've put 10k on my bike within the year that I've owned it. For the most part, we all accept this danger by riding, despite what all the statistics show us, and most of us live to tell the tale. But saying that motorcycling on the road is a safe activity is simply being ignorant (no offense, honestly I think we both understand this, but we're looking at it from different angles).

I don't think I can emphasize this enough, I'm really only having issues with people saying that motorcycling is not dangerous. We all have our reasons to ride, and that's why we're here to begin with.

And I understand what you are saying! At least we can both agree that we like motorcycles.

You know that saying, "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well the same is true for motorcycles.... Motorcycles don't kill people, people kill people. A motorcycle is only as dangerous as it's operator.

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #59
leed
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
And I understand what you are saying! At least we can both agree that we like motorcycles.

You know that saying, "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well the same is true for motorcycles.... Motorcycles don't kill people, people kill people. A motorcycle is only as dangerous as it's operator.
Fair enough. But we're all intelligent riders, it's the other people we're worried about!

They're out to get us...

BTW, waaaaaaaay off topic, but the new Subaru BRZ/Scion/Toyota is pretty awesome...

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #60
Jono

Quote:

BTW, waaaaaaaay off topic, but the new Subaru BRZ/Scion/Toyota is pretty awesome...

Yeah it is!!!! Sign me up for a BRZ. Now if only I had the money to buy one.

Old March 8th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #61
That1Guy
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
You can die doing pretty much anything at any given time. There is one thing certain in life and that is death. It all comes down to how you want to spend your life until that time comes. For me... I want to enjoy my life. Motorcycling gives me so much happiness and joy that I think it is worth risking my life doing it. Call me stupid if you want. But I could just as easily be killed backing my car out of the driveway and a truck t-bone me. Or riding my bicycle down a city street and a car runs me over.
Quote:
"If you just stop pushing, you stop evolving. You stop becoming something new. You become stagnant and you die off. You have to evolve. Life is precious; we only have so much time on this world... you might as-well go out there, live your life, live your dreams, do what you love, find that passion, find things that you love. And once you find it, well, go do it." -Jeb Corliss

To the OP. Do what you think is best. Do what you love. Live your life. Your family shouldn't ban you because you want to experience new things. You are just exploring this vast world.
Thank you sir. I am 22 and living on my own for over a year. Regardless of if my parents agree or not I AM going to get a motorcycle and I will ALWAYS keep pushing and evolving. Every time I talk about getting a bike my mom tears up and tells me how I shouldnt and all that typical mom stuff. If I show her those two things I think I will finally get her to realize that it is my life and I am more concerned for my own well being and safety than she is.
That1Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #62
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
I disagree with the last part of that. The operator is only one part of the equation. Over half of all motorcycle accidents are with a passenger vehicle, of those 80% (in California at least) are someone turning left in front of you. Sure the operator is to blame for some things, not trying to say that they are not but a motorcycle is dangerous not just because of the operator but also because of other people.
I do to. Haha. I was typing that when I was too tired to think straight. But the first part of my statement holds true.

Old March 9th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #63
Graugaard
ninjette.org member

Name: Elias

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

meh. my parrents wasn't happy either. at first my dad told me he would kick me out if i bought one, so i told him i bought one in a half year, that was enough for him to cool down, and realise that there might be no other way out. When i bought it he was like "wahh it's cool, can i try to sit on it, omg i love it"

haha what the ****
Graugaard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #64
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Quote:

It seems you are using two contradictory concepts to justify riding motorcycle. On one hand, you say anything is possible and death is out of your hand. It'll happen when it happens whether you ride motorcycle or not. Now you are saying it's completely under the control of the rider, so as long as you are perfect(let me save you the surprise, you, I, nor a professional rider are perfect), you can prevent dangerous situations.

The two concepts do not work independently the way you applied them either. With the first, you are only talking about possibility but not probability. It is possible that you play Frisbee on your motorcycle while jumping through a ring of fire and not get into an a wreck. However, it is hardly probable. You have to consider the likelihood of an event. People have died with head trauma from a stand-still drop. This is also possible but very unlikely. Why accept one but not the other? Usually the point of saying that anything is possible, blah blah blah... is that there are some things that are simply out of our control, and we are not at fault. It's a way of thinking that helps rape victims cope with "what if I did or did not do this that day..." and accept that the rape wasn't their fault in any way.

The other idea is for motivations. Take charge and go ATGATT, practice safe riding and all that. But it does ignore the over-confidence of just about every human being alive, and the above concept that **** can happen, and sometimes there really is nothing you can do about it.

I'm not suggesting that you pick one. Taken properly, they can both help you in life. Think a bit more critically and you may stay away from the trappings of seeing only the evidences that support your point of view.

Old March 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #65
Jono

Quote:
I do to. Haha. I was typing that when I was too tired to think straight. But the first part of my statement holds true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinorbit View Post
It seems you are using two contradictory concepts to justify riding motorcycle. On one hand, you say anything is possible and death is out of your hand. It'll happen when it happens whether you ride motorcycle or not. Now you are saying it's completely under the control of the rider, so as long as you are perfect(let me save you the surprise, you, I, nor a professional rider are perfect), you can prevent dangerous situations.

The two concepts do not work independently the way you applied them either. With the first, you are only talking about possibility but not probability. It is possible that you play Frisbee on your motorcycle while jumping through a ring of fire and not get into an a wreck. However, it is hardly probable. You have to consider the likelihood of an event. People have died with head trauma from a stand-still drop. This is also possible but very unlikely. Why accept one but not the other? Usually the point of saying that anything is possible, blah blah blah... is that there are some things that are simply out of our control, and we are not at fault. It's a way of thinking that helps rape victims cope with "what if I did or did not do this that day..." and accept that the rape wasn't their fault in any way.

The other idea is for motivations. Take charge and go ATGATT, practice safe riding and all that. But it does ignore the over-confidence of just about every human being alive, and the above concept that **** can happen, and sometimes there really is nothing you can do about it.

I'm not suggesting that you pick one. Taken properly, they can both help you in life. Think a bit more critically and you may stay away from the trappings of seeing only the evidences that support your point of view.
You sir wasted quite a bit of time posting something that I already knew was contradicting.

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #66
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Don't sell yourself so short. I don't think engaging in a discussion or communicating with you is a waste of my time.