ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #1
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

Simple question about lever postition

I want to change the tilt on both levers, so that my wrists are straighter. I just loosened the bolts on both clamps and was able to slightly adjust the position of the levers for better comfort -

Question:
Aside from being about to "blow up" and checking the "blinker fluid" are there any drawbacks to having the brake master cylinder at a slightly less than upright?

The levers only moved downward a slight bit.
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #2
sixstring
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 09 EX250 LE

The stock master cylinder, theres not a whole lot of room to rotate it forwards (i'm assuming you have clipons). Having said that, I have a set of conventional vortex clipons which gives you far more tilt than the woodcraft ones. I've done more than 5K on the woodcraft and about 100 km on the vortex and haven't experienced any issues so far. Just be careful when you change your brake fluid to rotate it back so nothing spills out.
sixstring is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #3
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

I still have stock - and your right, there is very little movement because of the master cyclinder. The clutch lever had more room. On both sides, some of the wires were tight and didn't allow for much movement.
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #4
sixstring
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 09 EX250 LE

I never bothered to rotate the controls forward with the stock bars but if you want to do so with aftermarket ones, I HIGHLY recommend KTC bars (from ztrack) or Vortex bars. Not sure who else makes good quality 37mm clipons.

I found that the woodcraft bars don't allow you to rotate the clipons backwards enough. As a result, your arms are forced into a wider grip. I personally like my arms more tucked in and conventional clipons above the tripple allows me to do that.

If you go with vortex bars, be careful with the pitch of the clipons. Some come with a 7 degree, some come with a 10. Mine were 10s and I love them.
sixstring is offline   Reply With Quote