ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM   #201
adri99an
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Drove to GMR bottom and it was closed. Azusa side might be open. I'm gonna ask a friend to check for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:45 PM   #202
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Imma have to pass this time guys.
Still sick as a dawg and just now getting to dropping the fairings. Probably won't even get the chance to warm the bike up today. Been running around all day too not helping me get any better. Probably be spending tomorrow tuning the carbs and making a sync bottle etc.

Thanks for the offer on help Mike.

Just got my plate reflectors in today too. I have two extra if anybody needs them. I don't wanna get one of those stupid rear reflector tickets on GMR.

Also got the video camera mount to my RAM iphone mount so I can switch between video cameras and iPhone

Tomorrow is work on the bike day. Will have to make sure it's running tip top for the next ride. Hopefully I feel well enough to do that..

I see snow on the Corona mountains too out my window from Riverslide. Must be a good layer of snow up on GMR.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:30 PM   #203
diablo250
Crafty Salesman....

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r, 06 sv650sf

If it's snowy we should ride malibu. We can meet at ralphs on Olympic and Cloverfield right off the 10 west.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:48 PM   #204
ninja250
You are sleeping

Doh!
I did drop the fairings and warm it up tonight even though I'm sick.
Tuning carbs is tricky. lol
I can't tell if I'm making any ground on the mixture screws or not. They're kinda funny to adjust.
Not to mention it's hard to reach them with the Shogun sliders in the way and the bike warmed up because of all the piping hot water hoses burning my fingers.

I'll have to play with it more tomorrow.
Best I can get is 3 seconds from 3000rpm to 1500rpm. Seems like I should be able to get it faster than that? Also I can only get it to do that after coming to a stop from moving. In the garage sitting for a minute it takes 4 second to go from 3000 to 1500.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:48 PM   #205
adri99an

I would do the malibu ride but i gotta be somewhere at noon so it is not enough time.....i might just have to ride around the block tomorrow.....KC and Mike---you have my number text me yours as well tomorrow...stay dry boys

Old January 24th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #206
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Watched some of the vids, and admired the pics..........man I miss being in socal.

nb

Old January 25th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #207
iggysmalls
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Just got my plate reflectors in today too. I have two extra if anybody needs them. I don't wanna get one of those stupid rear reflector tickets on GMR.
What are the reflector requirements in CA?
iggysmalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #208
ninja250
You are sleeping

I dunno, I was told the fuzz was handing out reflector tickets up on GMR.
I'm pretty sure they meant the rear plate reflector. (The one I hacked off the day I got the bike lol)

Now I just stuck two of these on there and it's small and out of the way and I have a reflector on the back in case they try to play that game on me. I have two left if anybody needs some. I bought four on ebay for like $6 shipped and only used two. They screw right on to your license plate on the bottom two holes.

See Adrian's plate reflector in our pics earlier in the thread too.

"CYA"
Cover Your A**!

Make sure you have your sidemarker reflectors too..
Most cops don't even know on the street but the cops up on GMR are there for one reason. Motorcycles and Honda rockets. There's nothing else back there besides a burnt canyon view and twisty roads for people to play on. Cops back there are there to ticket people playing and if you aren't caught playing they are educated on the laws of your play vehicle so they can get you that way.

Old January 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM   #209
ninja250
You are sleeping

Plate reflectors taken!

Old January 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #210
adri99an

I remember when he/dick tagged me....he said, "Oh I see you have no rear reflectors"---I was like come on now!!!......he didnt care that I was also a civil servent.....a pure fix it hassle ticket.....

Old January 26th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #211
iggysmalls
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Do we need front reflectors? Did the cop cite a CVC (CMC...)? I'd be interested in reading it.
iggysmalls is offline   Reply With Quote