ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 12th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #1
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Name: That's "Sir" to you!

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-F16, Versys KLE650 CAF

Zeus 3000A/B (aka Probiker KX4)

I saw that louis.de was selling the Probiker KX4 helmet (the Zeus 3000A/B in the USA) for just €69.99, so I decided to get one. Even with shipping, the price was just €79.90.

It arrived today. It looks really nice. The vents are easy to access (despite what some reviews have said). The internal and external visor(s) both work great and the internal visor is a good tint (dark enough, but not too dark) and comes down far enough to be practical. The lining is comfortable and the fit works for me. The overall visibility (including peripheral vision) is very good. Better than lots of other flip front helmets that I've used. The flip front itself is good and it opens and closes easily.

There were two things that I didn't like immediately. The first is the ratchet chin fastener. It's OK - perfectly safe and secure, but I much prefer old fashioned d-rings which are infinitely adjustable and comfortable. I'm not sure why they ever invented any kind of fastener other than d-rings. The second thing that I didn't like were the cheek pads which aren't fastened in tight enough and move as you put the helmet on. This is because they're designed to be interchangeable but the overall design is poor. When pulling the helmet on, I found that I had to stick my hand up inside the helmet to re-position them. Not a really big deal, but enough of a nuisance to note it down as a negative.

Overall, I would say that the weight of the helmet is acceptable, but it isn't light. On a long journey it might get tiresome, but it's OK for short journeys around town.

When I took the helmet for a ride the first thing that I noticed as soon as I hit 5mph was ... "wow, this helmet is NOT quiet". When riding straight ahead and with the head pointing perfectly forwards, the sound of wind is pretty bad. When you turn your head just a few degrees left or right it becomes horribly bad. By far the loudest helmet that I've ever worn.

Conclusion. It's a safe, comfortable, good looking helmet and seems to be well made with an excellent finish. But, make sure that you're never without your ear-plugs when using it. I think that it's an acceptable back-up helmet.
Kokosun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #2
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

P.s. nice review
P.p.s just googled it, for me modular helmets are a no no, but I'm glad you like it.