Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 24th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #7841
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
Easy enough, I hit the button, click, click, then I take a screwdriver and short out the solenoid across the two poles, and it cranks over just fine.

Hence the solenoid is going bad, most likely it's not the battery because it's reading fine. The battery is on its 4th season, so it could be going as well, but the solenoid is a lot cheaper than a battery.

I'll be sure to report how it turns out.
Thanks Scott. Could the contacts in the solenoid just be dirty? Aw, probably best to just replace it anyway. You might not be able to get at the contacts to clean them anyway.
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #7842
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Everything is clean, it's the first thing I check, also all connections are treated with dielectric grease.

Shorting out the solenoid is an old trick that I learned when I use to own a Ford, as those were mounted on the inner fenders, etc... Easier to get to than others GM Etc....

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2017, 08:23 AM   #7843
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

After work I'll be riding to the DMV to get plates and transfer title into my name to the tune of $165 to the State of IL.
I have to call the DMV but pretty sure I have to bring a money order for $25 that goes to the D.O.C. so the prisoners that make my plates can get paid. The fees for this stuff is ridiculous.

Old July 25th, 2017, 11:14 AM   #7844
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
After work I'll be riding to the DMV to get plates and transfer title into my name to the tune of $165 to the State of IL.
I have to call the DMV but pretty sure I have to bring a money order for $25 that goes to the D.O.C. so the prisoners that make my plates can get paid. The fees for this stuff is ridiculous.
Ya, good ol' IL. There's a fee for everything.

I lived in Cook Co for 20 years before escaping...
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #7845
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Ya, good ol' IL. There's a fee for everything.

I lived in Cook Co for 20 years before escaping...
It could have been worse, you could have lived in the U.S.A.'s answer to Nazi Germany - New Jersey - for 20 years like me.

Bill

Old July 25th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #7846
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hey, it could be worse! You could live in Nazi California with regulations for everything! I have to try and figure out how to register an IL bike with 3500-miles in CA. They're gonna squeeze me for full-retail sales tax. Or blacklist the bike in system so I can never register it!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #7847
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
Hey, it could be worse! You could live in Nazi California with regulations for everything! I have to try and figure out how to register an IL bike with 3500-miles in CA. They're gonna squeeze me for full-retail sales tax. Or blacklist the bike in system so I can never register it!
I've spent a few weeks in L.A. before and I love it. Great food and a fun place to just cruise around. To live there? The land of fruits and nuts ain't for me. My condolences.

Bill

Old July 25th, 2017, 10:09 PM   #7848
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Even in L.A. you can have some fun. Riding season is pretty much all year, for one thing! Lived outside of LA for 25 years now. Love it.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2017, 11:56 PM   #7849
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Even in L.A. you can have some fun. Riding season is pretty much all year, for one thing! Lived outside of LA for 25 years now. Love it.
Randy Newman said it all in the song "I love L.A.". Ah, to stay at the Hacienda Hotel again. Room service at 2:00 AM for nachos and a burrito. Cruise up Sepulvida to the Harbor for brunch. Rent a sailboat at Long Beach. I too love L.A. but I wouldn't want to live there.

Bill

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 26th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #7850
Ghostt
in your machine

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

Quote:
Easy enough, I hit the button, click, click, then I take a screwdriver and short out the solenoid across the two poles, and it cranks over just fine.

Hence the solenoid is going bad, most likely it's not the battery because it's reading fine. The battery is on its 4th season, so it could be going as well, but the solenoid is a lot cheaper than a battery.

I'll be sure to report how it turns out.
Update:

New solenoid arrived today, and installed, problem solved, it was the solenoid.

ZX-2R BLOG

Old July 26th, 2017, 05:15 PM   #7851
Ram Jet

Quote:
Update:

New solenoid arrived today, and installed, problem solved, it was the solenoid.
Good! Now you can wipe that blood off your face.

Bill

Old July 27th, 2017, 06:13 AM   #7852
taz
????????????????

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250, 14 ninja 300, 09 1125CR

MOTM - May '17
Did the r6 throttle tube swap last night on the 250
taz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #7853
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
I think I would agree with you here. I've done some reading on California motorcycle regulations and it's insane the inspections you all have to go through. Good luck on all of that. Sounds like a pain in the arse.
But as Caligrrl said riding season never ends and for that I'm jealous. Illinois has some harsh winters although they've become much less harsh over the last 10yrs (global warming?).I would LOVE to ride in California. That's a cross country trip I would love to take with my Uncle Bill aka @Ram Jet ! Could a Ninjette do a trip like that? Honestly I find my 250 extememly confortable. I would be able to pull it off as long as the bike could. Eh that's far down the road for me but nice to think about.
Anyway, my stay bar will be in today. I get off work at 2 so I will be mounting my gauge cluster, headlight, mirrors, and possibly my headlight fairing after work. Hope it goes smoothly. If anyone has any advice I'll take it although Ram Jet will be on standby should I need some help. Can't imagine it would be too difficult a project. Next weekend it's the ol fender eliminator trick.
This stuff is much more fun than a top end rebuild lol.

Edit: made a thread about my project in the 86-07 tech talk area so if anyone has anything to say please do so there would help me out a ton.

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:11 AM   #7854
CaliGrrl

The little Ninja does fine on road trips. I've done a few shortish ones, and there are others here who have certainly done them.

Inspections? What inspections do we have here? My Ninja's not been inspected by anybody but us. I had an insurance agent once who wanted to look over a vehicle before covering it, make sure it doesn't have damage that I could later try to put in a claim, and we do have smog checks on the cars every two years, but that's about it.

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #7855
Ram Jet

Quote:
The little Ninja does fine on road trips. I've done a few shortish ones, and there are others here who have certainly done them.

Inspections? What inspections do we have here? My Ninja's not been inspected by anybody but us. I had an insurance agent once who wanted to look over a vehicle before covering it, make sure it doesn't have damage that I could later try to put in a claim, and we do have smog checks on the cars every two years, but that's about it.
They don't have inspections here in Michigan. In Nazi Jersey they have STATE inspection stations. You'll wait 45 to 60 minutes in line and they stick obscene things up you exhaust pipe to check for emissions and stuff.

Bill

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:57 AM   #7856
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Quote:
To register an out-of-State vehicle, it needs inspection by DMV. Primarily to make sure that it's not new enough for CA to have missed out on some juicy sales-tax. If it has less than 7500 miles, it get flagged in system and you can never register it.

There's also issue of CA emissions equipment. Not sure on exact rules, but you might need to add CA emissions equipment if it's not a CA model.

Old July 27th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #7857
Ram Jet

Quote:
To register an out-of-State vehicle, it needs inspection by DMV. Primarily to make sure that it's not new enough for CA to have missed out on some juicy sales-tax. If it has less than 7500 miles, it get flagged in system and you can never register it.

There's also issue of CA emissions equipment. Not sure on exact rules, but you might need to add CA emissions equipment if it's not a CA model.
Surf's Up!

Bill

Old July 27th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #7858
DannoXYZ

At least the Governator got rid of the "EPA Impact" fee for out-of-state vehicles! And issued refunds!

Old July 27th, 2017, 12:02 PM   #7859
Ram Jet

Quote:
At least the Governator got rid of the "EPA Impact" fee for out-of-state vehicles! And issued refunds!
A little progress is better than none at all. Michigan just repealed it's helmet law! I still wear a helmet - but it's MY choice not Big Brother's.

Bill

Old July 27th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #7860
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
I still wear a helmet - but it's MY choice not Big Brother's.
...that's progress?

You think going backwards on a data-based safety improvement is progress? Literally... a helmet law is one of the most helpful, statistically sound laws ever made for helping people help themselves. There's a lot of bunk laws that attempt to be helpful but are really just cumbersome excess legislation for the sake of filling paper with ink, I admit; but you really think repealing a helmet law is a good thing because it makes you feel like a big kid who can make his own decisions? ...the fragility of the ego sometimes.

Might as well get rid of mandating airbags while we're at it. It should be your own choice to have luxury safety features.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2017, 05:06 PM   #7861
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
...that's progress?

You think going backwards on a data-based safety improvement is progress? Literally... a helmet law is one of the most helpful, statistically sound laws ever made for helping people help themselves. There's a lot of bunk laws that attempt to be helpful but are really just cumbersome excess legislation for the sake of filling paper with ink, I admit; but you really think repealing a helmet law is a good thing because it makes you feel like a big kid who can make his own decisions? ...the fragility of the ego sometimes.

Might as well get rid of mandating airbags while we're at it. It should be your own choice to have luxury safety features.
Why are you so comfortable giving up your freedom of choice? Are you not smart enough to know if it's in your best interest or not to wear a helmet?

Government - Obamacare? Get it. Joan Clayboook, head of the NHTSC wanted to put seat belts on motorcycles back in the 70s.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Bill

Old July 27th, 2017, 06:55 PM   #7862
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Why are you so comfortable giving up your freedom of choice? Are you not smart enough to know if it's in your best interest or not to wear a helmet?

Government - Obamacare? Get it. Joan Clayboook, head of the NHTSC wanted to put seat belts on motorcycles back in the 70s.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Bill
I have no issue with helmet laws. When there's mass numbers of people dying from a single cause, we do something about it. Cancer, heart disease, auto accidents etc.; there's all kinds of money and effort going to fixing these but a helmet law is impeding our free choice??? Why is a motorcycle helmet different than any other identifiable contributor?

May God have mercy on my soul because I think some laws make sense? How ****ing belittling can you be? Get off your high horse and keep your patronizing crap to yourself. You don't speak for God.

And PSA since you were so quick to bring up healthcare and God in the same breath. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separa..._United_States

I'm about data. If data showed that seat belts on motorcycles were actually safer, we'd have seat belts on motorcycles. But seeing as we don't, I'd bet that's not how it turned out. Ever looked at data from helmeted vs non-helmeted crashes? There's a reason we should have helmet laws.

Old July 27th, 2017, 07:06 PM   #7863
Ram Jet

Quote:
I have no issue with helmet laws. When there's mass numbers of people dying from a single cause, we do something about it. Cancer, heart disease, auto accidents etc.; there's all kinds of money and effort going to fixing these but a helmet law is impeding our free choice??? Why is a motorcycle helmet different than any other identifiable contributor?

May God have mercy on my soul because I think some laws make sense? How ****ing belittling can you be? Get off your high horse and keep your patronizing crap to yourself. You don't speak for God.

And PSA since you were so quick to bring up healthcare and God in the same breath. [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States[/url

I'm about data. If data showed that seat belts on motorcycles were actually safer, we'd have seat belts on motorcycles. But seeing as we don't, I'd bet that's not how it turned out. Ever looked at data from helmeted vs non-helmeted crashes? There's a reason we should have helmet laws.
So you believe it's governments job to protect us from ourselves. Government has been controlling opiates for decades. 91 people die each day from prescription opiate ingestion.

Here ya go;

"I'm no fool, nosiree
I'm wanna live to be 103
I play safe for you and me
Cause I'm no fool"

Jiminy Cricket

Old July 27th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #7864
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
So you believe it's governments job to protect us from ourselves. Government has been controlling opiates for decades. 91 people die each day from prescription opiate ingestion.

Here ya go;

"I'm no fool, nosiree
I'm wanna live to be 103
I play safe for you and me
Cause I'm no fool"

Jiminy Cricket
To your comment about opiates:
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...50/Red-Herring
Not only is that a redirection, it's a completely different situation. Apples to oranges.

To your Disney reference:

Link to original page on YouTube.
You're going to have to explain what you're implying, because the only thing I'm inferring out of that reference is you, once again, being a massive patronizing

Old July 27th, 2017, 07:57 PM   #7865
Ram Jet

Quote:
To your comment about opiates:
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...50/Red-Herring
Not only is that a redirection, it's a completely different situation. Apples to oranges.

To your Disney reference:

Link to original page on YouTube.
You're going to have to explain what you're implying, because the only thing I'm inferring out of that reference is you, once again, being a massive patronizing

My friend is always saying "Hey don't like my face, look at my ass. I want the asshat. Where can I get one.

Bill

Old July 27th, 2017, 09:50 PM   #7866
DannoXYZ

CDC study using NHTSA and hospital data shows California saved about $400-million on state-sponsored healthcare costs from 2010-2012 due to helmet law.

I'm all in favour of freedom and personal-choices. However, when those choices affect group detrimentally, I think there should be some regulation. Personally, I think we should have both. Those who want to wear helmets, fine. If you chose not to, you should carry an ID-card saying not to waste public resources transporting you to hospital. Instead, call phone# on card to have family come scoop your body off public lands.

I think this is a good happy-medium between two factions. Personally I think we should have less nannying and less coddling. However, there's a huge number of people who aren't responsible for results of their choices.

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:05 PM   #7867
Ghostt
in your machine

Okay chill out

ZX-2R BLOG

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #7868
DannoXYZ

Here's some never-ending riding season in California!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ButterflyBeachWestS.JPG (174.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg EastCaminoCielo.jpg (105.4 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg GibraltarLookoutS.JPG (129.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg SB-Gilbraltar2.JPG (75.2 KB, 75 views)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 27th, 2017, 11:56 PM   #7869
Ram Jet

Quote:
Here's some never-ending riding season in California!

I'll save these photos for mid January here in Michigan and do some "California Dreamin'". Very nice.

Bill

Old July 28th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #7870
CaliGrrl

I don't remember it being any kind of problem bringing a car in to CA when we moved here. We had to smog it, but that wasn't a surprise.

I hear a lot of complaints about laws here in CA, from people who don't live here, but I don't generally find things get in my way much.

Old July 28th, 2017, 12:20 PM   #7871
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Got quite a bit done today.
Replaced tail light
Bought some J-B Weld and put the broken piece back on my headlight fairing. Needs to sit 24hrs it's going to take a few days before the headlight fairing and chin scoop are ready to be put back on because of the JB Weld dry and set time. Highly recommend this stuff. 3960 PSI. Seen first hand how it can reassemble fairings very nicely and securely. Bought a very nice multimeter from a guy on facebook for $20 and about to go look at a new tank bag or cargo net for transport. My camelbak isn't nearly enough. Been a nice day. Oh, gave my girl a wash.
Caligrrl very glad you haven't ran into any snags. Pretty sure it was here I read where people had to make appointments for some kind of inspection when they bought a bike and it was a month wait before the bike could be inspected and they were not allowed to ride the bike until the inspection was done. However I don't remember why they had to do this and under what circumstances. i just remember thinking "damn that's too much". lol
As long as it doesn't affect you then that's great. Those pics posted are beautiful. Like I said would be a dream to ride out there! Ride safe everyone.

Old July 28th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #7872
DannoXYZ

Quote:
I don't remember it being any kind of problem bringing a car in to CA when we moved here. We had to smog it, but that wasn't a surprise.
Yeah, as long as your car is older than 2-years with more than 7500 miles.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...es/howto/htvr9
Quote:
Caution: Unless the vehicle was originally manufactured to meet California emission standards or the owner or vehicle qualifies for an exemption, California law prohibits:

California residents or businesses from bringing into California or registering in California, a motor vehicle that had less than 7,500 miles on the odometer (at the time of purchase, trade, or acquisition).
Anyone from importing a new direct import vehicle less than two years old.
If you unknowingly try to register a less-than-2yr-old car or bike with less than 7500, it'll be flagged and recorded in DMV records. You'll never be able to register that vehicle in CA, ever. I've known several people that had to get PO Box addresses in another state to register their cars. Then they get hassled by cops for having out-of-state plates while they've been in the state for years.

Quote:
I hear a lot of complaints about laws here in CA, from people who don't live here, but I don't generally find things get in my way much.
I guess it comes down to what you're trying to do. If you just do basic vehicle registrations, you're fine (except for out-of-state 2-yrs-young or <7500 miles).

I had tuning shop in Valencia and started with developing some chip-upgrades for Porsche Turbos. It cost me over $10k to have CARB certify a modified ECU chip. Should be as simple as toss it on dyno, if it passes current smog regs, it's fine and gets EO#. Nope... I had to submit the product to CARB for "testing" and they charge me for every last detail. I couldn't even supply a car that it goes into, they had to be the one to procure car.. and charge me for that. Then they did their who-knows-what "testing" and charged me for every last cup of coffee along the way. After $10k paid, I finally get an EO#. Highway robbery and piracy I tell you!!!

Same thing with aftermarket-mods. You want to put on aftermarket exhaust? Nope, will fail smog-test visual inspection. Any aftermarket exhaust must same pipe OD as stock, or else they won't issue EO# for it. Can't change out header, injectors, ECU, not even air-filter! If any of these items are noticed by smog-tech, it's an automatic fail! Rule should be simple, if it passes smog-sniffer standard, it should be legal!

Old July 28th, 2017, 02:15 PM   #7873
Ram Jet

Quote:
Yeah, as long as your car is older than 2-years with more than 7500 miles.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...es/howto/htvr9
If you unknowingly try to register a less-than-2yr-old car or bike with less than 7500, it'll be flagged and recorded in DMV records. You'll never be able to register that vehicle in CA, ever. I've known several people that had to get PO Box addresses in another state to register their cars. Then they get hassled by cops for having out-of-state plates while they've been in the state for years.

I guess it comes down to what you're trying to do. If you just do basic vehicle registrations, you're fine (except for out-of-state 2-yrs-young or <7500 miles).

I had tuning shop in Valencia and started with developing some chip-upgrades for Porsche Turbos. It cost me over $10k to have CARB certify a modified ECU chip. Should be as simple as toss it on dyno, if it passes current smog regs, it's fine and gets EO#. Nope... I had to submit the product to CARB for "testing" and they charge me for every last detail. I couldn't even supply a car that it goes into, they had to be the one to procure car.. and charge me for that. Then they did their who-knows-what "testing" and charged me for every last cup of coffee along the way. After $10k paid, I finally get an EO#. Highway robbery and piracy I tell you!!!

Same thing with aftermarket-mods. You want to put on aftermarket exhaust? Nope, will fail smog-test visual inspection. Any aftermarket exhaust must same pipe OD as stock, or else they won't issue EO# for it. Can't change out header, injectors, ECU, not even air-filter! If any of these items are noticed by smog-tech, it's an automatic fail! Rule should be simple, if it passes smog-sniffer standard, it should be legal!
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

And you were saying Choneofakind?

Bill

Old July 28th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #7874
CaliGrrl

Sorry you've had such difficulties.

Old July 28th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #7875
DannoXYZ

Quote:

Bill
Quote:
Sorry you've had such difficulties.
Thanks, it's just so frustrating because it really doesn't have to be so complicated. Other states have similar end-results that are implemented much more efficiently. There's at least 15 other states that have adopted CA's smog-standards (stricter than Federal standards). For those states, there isn't bureaucractic micromanagement that CA has. For them, all that matters is what comes out the tailpipe.

I suspect it's to keep dissent and anger aimed at bottom. To distract populace from noticing that government higher-ups have somehow "lost" $8-billion of tax-payers' monies. Modern accounting and computers are quite savvy and accurate. Money doesn't just disappear, it's gone somewhere.

Old July 28th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #7876
Ram Jet

Quote:
Thanks, it's just so frustrating because it really doesn't have to be so complicated. Other states have similar end-results that are implemented much more efficiently. There's at least 15 other states that have adopted CA's smog-standards (stricter than Federal standards). For those states, there isn't bureaucractic micromanagement that CA has. For them, all that matters is what comes out the tailpipe.

I suspect it's to keep dissent and anger aimed at bottom. To distract populace from noticing that government higher-ups have somehow "lost" $8-billion of tax-payers' monies. Modern accounting and computers are quite savvy and accurate. Money doesn't just disappear, it's gone somewhere.
Jac, you have my sympathy brother. Were I in your shoes I might have "locked and loaded" a long time ago. I mean at the voting booth of course.

Bill

Old July 30th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #7877
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Got the fairings fixed via J-B Weld. Chin scoop goes on tomorrow but for now I'm in love.

Old July 30th, 2017, 10:31 PM   #7878
Brandpa
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Wow

Cleaned carbs today and all i can say is Wow.... the difference is rediculous! just cleaned all circuits and jets. Havent even touched the air adjustment needles. Now im revving thru the the gears like crazy all staying in the 6-7rpm after shift and 11-12 rpm at shift. Im now topping out at 110-115mph before im in the red. Hard idle though at 1000-1100rpm and coming to a stop it is revving at 2000rpm and slowly drops. Does anybody know what i accidentally did to achieve this? All i know is 1st gear has slight hesitation then mid first bam like a rocket.. shifting thru gears very quickly. The acceleration is just ridiculous compared to what it was! Would messing with the coasting enricher have anything to do with this?
Brandpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2017, 09:10 AM   #7879
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:

Bill
Certifications always cost huge amounts of money, regardless of if the issuing body is a government entity or not; ISO, SAE, SNELL, IEEE, ASME, UL, etc. just to name a few. All expensive.

You're almost always better to buy someone else's product that's already certified than to attempt to do it yourself. It will be way cheaper.

Old July 31st, 2017, 09:43 AM   #7880
DannoXYZ

While I'm not against many govrnt. regulations as far as results and intent, I'm completely against how it's implemented. Wasteful and inefficient. And unfair too because of selective enforcement of rules. Why do Harley guys get away with super-loud open-exhausts and I get fix-it ticket for putting on aftermarket muffler that's 10% louder?