ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 12th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #1
sassyninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Courtney

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

ICON Pro Shield... My a**.

So I was a bit impatient about my gear. I had gone into a store outta town to find a helmet... Apparently I have a small head which isnt common? so after trying on a millon... ok maybe 6 helmets... k actually maybe 4 we discovered Im an XSM with ICON... everything else fit 'funny'... but the helmet was gross... flat matte deep purple *gag* so I decided to look online and see the better selection... I found a simple helmet that d do the job for now so I ordered it ... I think ICON Alliance and had the awesome idea of ordering an extra shield for it... Turns out it was a 'pro shield' what that really means is 'ima piss you off like non other and make you look like an idiot while you try and open your visor' sheild... Ya they have this pin that 'locks' your visor down... ya it locks it alright! So consider yourself warned! I ve been obsessivly opening and closing my Visor 'breaking it in' and only after a month is it getting a little easier... or my thumb is getting stronger. Either way its a stupid idea!
sassyninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
I think some of them work better than others. The stock shield was easy to unlock and flip up but the smoke shield was annoying. I just got used to it.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #3
sassyninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Courtney

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
I think some of them work better than others. The stock shield was easy to unlock and flip up but the smoke shield was annoying. I just got used to it.
Same with mine... I put the stock one back on just to see if it was the visor or if i was really that pathetic... stock clear one opens way easier then the mirrored one! But it is getting easier! Nice to know it wasnt just me!!
sassyninja is offline   Reply With Quote