ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 11th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #1
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Import drivers from other countries?..should improve their driving skills.

There should REALLY be a mandatory driving improvement test for drivers from other countries.

Yes we have born and raised residents who suck balls..but you have to start somewhere.

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #2
gitoy
ninjette.org guru

Name: gitoy

Motorcycle(s): 04 ninja 250, 05 zzr 600 (sold), 07 cbr600rr

when i was on vacation in the philippines a couple of years ago i was amazed by the traffic congestion during rush hour more so than the traffic here in southern cal...i mean it takes an hour to go ten miles and that is with drivers cutting and swerving at every gap that appears between lanes in a millisecond...i was very stressed with the many closed calls only inches between cars...lucky i was not driving...

my thought is that foreign drivers are more aware of their surroundings and know the nuances of driving more so than american drivers...
gitoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

OP, can you elaborate? Did something recently occur to make you want to make this thread?

Daddy-is-a-foreigner-who-left-us-when-I-was-a-kid issues? j/k

Old October 11th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Uhh.... what?

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...r-drivers?bn=1

I could have sworn this thread would be aboutthat study but the OP drew the opposite conclusion than reality somehow. Study was Canadian too.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #5
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Uhh.... what?

I could have sworn this thread would be aboutthat study but the OP drew the opposite conclusion than reality somehow. Study was Canadian too.
They must have left mexicans out....
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #6
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

What do we do about those motorcycle squids going over 100mph giving people heart attacks. :P

Old October 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

There are a handful of countries that have reciprocal licensing agreements with Alberta: Austria, Belgium, England, France, Germany, Japan, Republic of Korea, Scotland, Switzerland, United States, Wales. Otherwise,:

Experienced drivers over the age of 25 who have recently immigrated to Canada will have an alternative to the minimum three-year Graduated Driver Licensing Program by completing a government-certified driver education course and signing a declaration stating they have at least two years of driving experience. In addition, drivers will be required to successfully complete a knowledge test and advanced road test to be eligible for a full Class 5 Operator’s Licence.

Experienced drivers under the age of 25 who have recently immigrated to Canada will also have an alternative to the minimum one-year Class 7 requirement. These drivers will be required to successfully complete a knowledge test and basic road test to be eligible for a GDL Class 5 Probationary Licence.

Yes, some drivers born and raised here are also horrible drivers but yet you don't propose that they go through the same mandatory improvement testing that you're calling for with import drivers?
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #8
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

I mean important some of those who cannot drive. They leave there country with no driving skills.

If you LIVE or go to europe...holy **** are they good drivers.

Ever realize how canada is a "open ethnical" country ?

It's actually a bit contradictory as I just stated. In europe if you go they are amazing drivers, but you know why? becuase they have to be, or they will get into many bad accidents, im talking about the people who come here into our country (i have NO problem with this whatsoever) and they get away from the home land driving styles and they don't know how to drive safely.

As for Gitoy, yeah they are but that doesn't mean they are good drivers. Have you watched motovlogs in thailand ? The poor guy on the 250 almost gets hit in EVERY vlog.

Old October 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #9
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

most cars in Europe are still manual

hell, they don't even have automatic rentals.

When I was in Germany we rented a van and it was stick shift. stalled it several times
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #10
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Germany. they are awesome
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #11
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Uhh.... what?

Well that study was in Canada, so it doesn't apply to the various driving styles here in the States. Living in Orlando with it being such a massive tourist destination you can see that what that study says does NOT apply to the foreign drivers in this area. Also, a lot of taxi drivers in many cities are foreigners and believe me, they tend to drive on the edge more than native drivers do.

This does NOT mean that all foreign drivers are going to be like that. That study does have it's merits and many foreign drivers do in fact drive safe. However, it seems that when you get foreign tourist drivers in large numbers in heavily populated areas, then they seem to drive like they are attempting to be Fast and Furious.

It also depends on the country they come from. Like Puerto Rico is horrible with driving and is extremely dangerous. Seems that over there they tend to have no real traffic laws (at least not that anyone follows) and traffic there is deadly. This info comes from pretty much every one of my PR friends and co-workers that grew up there. Unfortunately many of those drivers there come here and drive like that for some time before they calm down.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Well that study was in Canada...
The OP's complaint originated in Canada.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote