ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #1
ninjarider55
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Erika

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

seat cowl

Has anyone ordered one of those seat cowls off ebay (from China) for 50$? Do they fit well? Do the colors match?
ninjarider55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #2
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

This is more a farkle related. :S

Old November 17th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/farkles it is.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 06:21 AM   #4
kal-el
ninjette.org newbie

Name: NR

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarider55 View Post
Has anyone ordered one of those seat cowls off ebay (from China) for 50$? Do they fit well? Do the colors match?
hi erika, can you post the link of the site? seat cowl here is $182.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #5
solo440
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
I think this is what you're talking about. Solo seat from ebay.

From what i understand, they have the same problems that all of the OEM cowls have. I ordered one of the ones from china, Green Cowl and i am waiting on it to arrive. I will keep you updated.

Old November 17th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #6
ninjarider55
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Erika

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

thats exactly what I'm looking for. I have a green bike too. let me know how it goes please.
ninjarider55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #7
solo440
ninjette.org member

Quote:
thats exactly what I'm looking for. I have a green bike too. let me know how it goes please.
Will do. It should come in by the end of this month. (hopefully)

Old November 21st, 2011, 12:38 AM   #8
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

yeah i got one, it arrived today for my black 08 model. Well let me tell you that it doesn't come with rubber stoppers or a grommet, for the hole located on the bracket under the seat, above the rear light housing.. I emailed them to see if they either forgot to include or if you dont get them, their Ebay page doesn't state they aren't supplied.
I went done the street and as no hardware store i went to the bong shop/ grow shop near me which i know stock grommets (dont ask how i know) and got a few as didnt measure holes etc but was able to find something that fits but it is a terrible fit, I can fit 2 fingers underneath it. maybe the correct rubbers etc make it fit but i think it will still wobble side to side somewhat. I noticed on the front bracket where the key opens the lock etc that maybe i can reshape or make so there is less distance between so will fit tighter. but to make a long story short, i'd would rather pay another $50 and get the OEM cowl. also the black padding part is just a piece of rubber which makes look cheap , not sure if the OEM as the same but if as finished in same or similar vinyl as seat then would look better, once i get the thing fitted and happy might see if an upolstery place can make one if less than $60 bucks.

ohyeah, will update on what the seller replies about the rubbers etc.
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:45 AM   #9
solo440
ninjette.org member

My cowl just came in. Actually pretty fast shipping from China, especially since it was free shipping. The packaging was a little beat up but the cowl was in great condition. I will post pics in a bit.
Right off the bat however, i am missing the rubber grommet in the back.(picking one up at Lowes today.) This was kind of expected though.
The cowl feels solid, although i have not seen an OEM one so i can not offer a direct comparison. The color is very very close to the '09 green, it might just be my eyes, but it looks slightly off, only noticeable to me when i really stare at it, again this just might be me. I have pictures so let me know what you all think.

Once i get the rubber grommet, i will see how it fits, but as of now, it was 100% flush. I don't know if the grommet will make a difference or not though. I will keep you updated.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:02 AM   #10
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo440 View Post
My cowl just came in. Actually pretty fast shipping from China, especially since it was free shipping. The packaging was a little beat up but the cowl was in great condition. I will post pics in a bit.
Right off the bat however, i am missing the rubber grommet in the back.(picking one up at Lowes today.) This was kind of expected though.
The cowl feels solid, although i have not seen an OEM one so i can not offer a direct comparison. The color is very very close to the '09 green, it might just be my eyes, but it looks slightly off, only noticeable to me when i really stare at it, again this just might be me. I have pictures so let me know what you all think.

Once i get the rubber grommet, i will see how it fits, but as of now, it was 100% flush. I don't know if the grommet will make a difference or not though. I will keep you updated.
hey,

i contacted the seller regarding the 4 rubber stoppers and grommet and he said he never been contacted from other buyers about it, he ended up offering $15 US back after I sent photos of the missing rubbers and where they should go. maybe try and contact and see if get a discount??

Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM   #11
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Sorry wrong seller i got mine for here, and the photo in the other link shows the 4 rubbers where the below link doesnt show underside, when i contacted seller he said you get what you see , as no photo of underside couldnt see if they included etc.. maybe reason for discount?? the grommet you need is about 20mm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300618753...84.m1439.l2649

Old November 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #12
solo440
ninjette.org member

Update

I finally got the rubber grommet from Lowes. It was $1.24 or something like that. I popped it in and put my cowl on and it fit great. Maybe a 1/4 inch gap in the front and it feels pretty secure. I have not ridden with it on though. I have pics too that i need to post, when i get time i will throw the pics up on here. Overall as of now, a good buy, we'll see how it holds up.

Old November 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #13
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

I was looking at the red ones but they're all the same from 08-11. However the reds from those year were different shades....
LoneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #14
dragonboy
ninjette.org member

Name: JT

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE Green Machine, 2011 250R SE White Lightning

Bought off eBay as well and it was missing the grommet and two rubber feet. I ordered black and the color is a very good match. I'm waiting to hear back about the rubber feet but a temp fix is to use the rubber feet on the factory rear seat. I picked up a grommet from Lowe's.

Also, a big tip is to remove the metal bracket from the seat cowl and bend it. I used a deep 12mm socket over the center knob, laid it down over the crease on my garage floor and hit it with a hammer. This is the same trick to make the OEM cowl fit flusher.
dragonboy is offline   Reply With Quote