ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old December 13th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #1
gadgetguy1288
Coastie Tweet

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Ebony, 2012 BMW F800R White

Alarms, Who has em?

I'm looking into getting an alarm for my bike, and was wondering what the hive is using? Prefer one that will be completely plug-n-play, as I'm not to keen on the idea of splicing the wiring on my bike(Not that I can't, as Im an avionics electrician, I just don't want to. Everything Ive done or am in the process of doing to my bike is completely 100% reversible and I'd like to keep it that way)
gadgetguy1288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #2
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

I've got a GPS Alarm. I pay 9 dollars a month and can track where I been, how fast I was going, share my routs, ect. Also, I can activate an emergency code so I can give the link and code to the police if the bike is ever stolen and they can track it.

Has ignition sensor, tilt sensor, parameter sensor and shock sensor. I love it. It sends text messages to my phone whenever a sensor goes off. Full alarm capabilities (meaning it has a siren), which I like. Most people say no they'll just cut the siren, but it still acts as a deterrent and even if the wire is cut, the system has a back up battery to run for a while.

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servl...SCORPIO/Detail

All plug and play as long as you get the OEM harness.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #3
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

Have a look at the LoJack system as well. I have it for my school laptop and have been debating getting it for my Ninja as well.
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

From what I understand, lojack is only if its ever stolen though. I like mine because I can track my bike when ever and share on Fb where I been and what not.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #5
jfauerba
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): '09 Red Ninja 250r

Got a gorilla alarm with two way remote
jfauerba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #6
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Lojack is a big plus. If you can't stop the theft, at least recover the bike!

Old December 14th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #7
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

hey i got a cheapo one off ebay for 20 bucks plus postage (in OZ) and made in china, just a small processor and speaker and connects direct to battery, i put in a fuse between just incase, but works great, someone was trying to steal my bike at night and 3 nights in a row went off between 12 and 1am and heard from my apartment and scared off whoever it was, they gave up after 3 nights but also have 2 disc locks front and rear aswell. Abit paranoid as had a car stolen from behind my apartment ( parking at rear via driveway) and 2 pushies over 3 years. If wasnt for the alarm , bike would be gone..
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #8
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Sorry to hear for your troubles. What's the name of the alarm?

Old December 15th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #9
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

here's the one I got and bloody cheap and works, pretty sensitive as will go off if you try and lift or move handlebars or try and put up stand etc, even if you move the bike slightly side to side ... here the link and about 25 bucks inc postage
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Remote-Mo...ries&hash=item

Old December 15th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #10
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulforaname View Post
hey i got a cheapo one off ebay for 20 bucks plus postage (in OZ) and made in china, just a small processor and speaker and connects direct to battery, i put in a fuse between just incase, but works great, someone was trying to steal my bike at night and 3 nights in a row went off between 12 and 1am and heard from my apartment and scared off whoever it was, they gave up after 3 nights but also have 2 disc locks front and rear aswell. Abit paranoid as had a car stolen from behind my apartment ( parking at rear via driveway) and 2 pushies over 3 years. If wasnt for the alarm , bike would be gone..
Alarms stop no professional thieves. If they want it, they will get it.

BTW... What theft would come back 3 nights in a row. Prolly some false alarms or some kids playing.

With the right tools our seats can be off and the battery cables cut to kill most alarms in under 15 secs.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #11
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Yea I have a gorilla alarm. Some people like it some dont. I thought I would like it but I find it pretty useless. I set it off more often because I forgot to turn it off. I believe its best use is in a crowded area where kids are around. Not teenagers but young children. The shock sensor chimes when they touch the bike and it helps notify their parents/guardians that they're touching something dangerous.

If you're interested in the gorilla 8017 alarm, I might be so inclined to sell it to you. I will most likely sell it at some point but I just got lazy. It's installed and doesnt exactly get in the way.

Old December 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #12
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Why doesn't it help?

Old December 17th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #13
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Alarms stop no professional thieves. If they want it, they will get it.

BTW... What theft would come back 3 nights in a row. Prolly some false alarms or some kids playing.

With the right tools our seats can be off and the battery cables cut to kill most alarms in under 15 secs.
Hey,
I get that if professional thieves want something they will get it..no matter what you do but it wasn't a false set off as i had the bike parked in view of my bedroom window, i live on top floor of 3rd floor apartment and had been raining earlier but where bike parked its under cover of a tree/bush and when i raced down ( had to get out of bed) I took my weapon of choice and flash light which i leave near door, as my building has a driveway down the side and 3 meter fence all round only way out is via driveway on other side of where bike is parked and the front door to building is on the drive way side as parking at rear and bike down opposite side to drive, when i got down i could see wet foot prints leading to bike. spoke to few people who are abit dodgy ( law breaker, ex cons etc) and they all said whoever it was, was probably checking to see if armed all the time. As they said some ppl get complacent and dont arm their alarms all the time it not automatically armed etc. they said theives have to get bike down driveway they need about 45 seconds to get drag and put on trailer due to both disc locks (also has kill switch but dont mention that to anyone) so if not alarmed they have alittle more time, with alarm they wont have time .. even other ppl in my building mentioned " who's been trying to steal your bike" Look it it will deter amature thieves, kids, etc I'm happy as in 3 weeks I'm moving back to my folks due to starting a new career and apprentice wages cant allow me to live where I am so bike will be soon in locked garage with my dads 3 old cars(60's merc convertable,, Holden HQ monaro and FJ Holden sedan) and his 4 bikes. ( Harley heritage ST, , Honda, shadow and 2 kawaski's ( W1 and vulcan voyager) and then my little ninja..lol , so just have to keep her safe for few more weeks..
Anyway all look i believe an alarm will help but not guaranteed to have it pinchd but also makes insurance cheaper ..

sorry for the novel