ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 14th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #1
iriemon
ninjette.org member

Name: Dennis

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

washer size for shimming

i am in the Philippines and can't find the size washers needed to shim...i found one that is 3.16 i think he said and it is also thicker...would it be considered the same if i used 1 thicker sized washer as 2 of the thinner ones...i will try it but want to get opinions first..thanks
iriemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #2
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

#4 or 3mm, either is said to work. I used the #4s on my buddy's bike and will be using them to shim my bike on Friday as well.
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #3
iriemon
ninjette.org member

also is 3mm the size of the hole?

edit:never mind about size of hole i saw it in other post...but still asking about if the washer i get is thicker...would putting one of each be safe and considered like putting two under each..thanks

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #4
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

I'd google the thickness of a US #4 washer, then see how thick yours is and figure it out. You haven't even mentioned how thick your washers are, you just said they are thicker...
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #5
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

mate give me your address and I'll post some to you as I got about 40 in a pack and only used 4 ( 2 on each needle) , do you want brass or stainless? i used the brass one's. as brought a pack of each as wasn't sure which to use but as most carbies have brass internals thought id go that way.
P.S.
PM me with your address etc
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #6
iriemon
ninjette.org member

i live in the philippines...otherwise that would be a great offer...not sure what cost would be to send it here...not sure how would refund the postage

Old December 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #7
paulforaname
ninjette.org member

Name: Paulie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriemon View Post
i live in the philippines...otherwise that would be a great offer...not sure what cost would be to send it here...not sure how would refund the postage
Mate, i would just put in an envelope and might cost a dollar in postage..as would put a card in there with the shims taped to card. not worried about a dollar or 2 if i can help another ninja rider out.. If I'm ever over there one day you can buy me a beer..if you want me to send over just PM me your postal address..
paulforaname is offline   Reply With Quote