ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old May 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM   #1
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 899, 748, 250, 250, 70

August 4th: Marietta Motorsports at Barber Motorsports Park!

Sorry, guys.

The Barber date is not going to happen. We just haven't had enough people sign up, and Barber is too expensive for us to take a chance on 60 people signing up the week of the event.

Per Huey on FB:
"I'm sure some of y'all have seen the Aug 4th Barber date here as an event or heard about us talking about it at the shop. As y'all can guess that place isn't cheap. Unfortunately with the numbers of people we had pre-register we've not even cleared the deposit much less gotten anywhere near the rent for the track. It's probably not correct business to discuss money like this but when has this shop ever really been about business?

As I've always said at our rider's meetings: "We're not a trackday organisation. We're just a bunch of friends that rented the track together." So I'd rather just be honest about what's happening instead of telling y'all some story about schedule mixups.

I sincerely apologize to those of y'all that did take the time to pre-register and have already made plans. We'll be getting in touch with you ASAP or you can call the shop."

I apologize, too; I honestly thought that I could market and sell this event well enough to make it happen. Thanks to everyone who signed up and helped sell it with me.

-E

Last futzed with by sowega; June 20th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
sowega is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM   #2
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Barber is a MUST-DO track! It kicks A$$$!!!!!!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM   #3
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Barber is a MUST-DO track! It kicks A$$$!!!!!!
Amen. Nothing like jumping the curb in the museum turn or feeling the bike G out in the second chicane that goes back up the hill.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R

Barber is my favorite track to ride! It's worth the road trip no matter how far.

Old May 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #5
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Sorry, guys.

The Barber date is not going to happen. We just haven't had enough people sign up, and Barber is too expensive for us to take a chance on 60 people signing up the week of the event.

Per Huey on FB:
"I'm sure some of y'all have seen the Aug 4th Barber date here as an event or heard about us talking about it at the shop. As y'all can guess that place isn't cheap. Unfortunately with the numbers of people we had pre-register we've not even cleared the deposit much less gotten anywhere near the rent for the track. It's probably not correct business to discuss money like this but when has this shop ever really been about business?

As I've always said at our rider's meetings: "We're not a trackday organisation. We're just a bunch of friends that rented the track together." So I'd rather just be honest about what's happening instead of telling y'all some story about schedule mixups.

I sincerely apologize to those of y'all that did take the time to pre-register and have already made plans. We'll be getting in touch with you ASAP or you can call the shop."

I apologize, too; I honestly thought that I could market and sell this event well enough to make it happen. Thanks to everyone who signed up and helped sell it with me.

-E

Last futzed with by sowega; June 20th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
sowega is offline   Reply With Quote