ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 8th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #1
enko11
ninjette.org member

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 White

My iPhone Mount

Went to my local bicycle shop and picked up a Topeak RideCase for the iPhone for 4/4S. It is made to mount to a bicycle stem and includes a mounting piece that is hinged and has a bolt on it. It fits in a lot of different spots on the handle bars. I secured it with a small bungee, otherwise the case flops down on its hinge. Includes a cover for rain, is detachable - i just keep my phone in the case all the time, its an alright case but does not cover the front, i know that is an issue to some. It slides in and out easy enough from the mount and is in a good position where I have it on my bike that I am able to see it for my uses. was $50

Mount / Bungee

Phone Mounted

In the first Pic I put it on the lower bolt, was not high enough to see, the upper bolt is a nice spot, that is where it is for the bottom 2 pics.
enko11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #2
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Very nice! Be careful with those dollar-store bungees, they aren't quite as elastic as they show to be. Use a zip-tie for a more lasting solution to the flopping problem!

EDIT: Just realized how you fixed it on there! Be careful! I am not sure what the threads of the Master cylinder mounting bolts are, but the headset bolts are generally M6! Just be careful not to strip it, whatever you do.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #3
enko11
ninjette.org member

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 White

Thanks, I didn't think about the bungees losing their strength. At least its not securing the phone in place, worst that happens is it flops down. The bolts really do match up well, I can get another picture if you folks don't believe me. I had no issue with stripping bolts, I tried the mount in a few different locations and pulled bolts out, put this on, put old bolts back and they slipped into there holes fine. No excess metal shavings or play from grinding / stripping.

My friend used to mount his iPhone in the windshield. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...hlight=subiegy

I was going to do that but thought that this is a better solution. It stays in place better and is ultra easy to remove. Theres pros and cons to every system, just giving another option.
enko11 is offline   Reply With Quote