ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #41
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
.. er, which bike is that?

I wouldn't believe anything a dealer has to say about corporate plans. They are usually the last to know about exactly what's happening in a company. A Yammie 250 sport bike has been in the rumor mill for years... as has been a Suzuki 250. To date, nothing concrete has materialized to even hint that a manufacturer is getting serious.
He might have pulling my leg then, he said it was a bike designed to take on the Ninjette in the 250 market. I think (not sure) he called it a YZR250 ??? Memory might be wrong, I wasn't paying too much attention to him. I was in the Yam shop with a friend who was getting repairs done and I was more interesting in there helmets they had on sale ... I get distracted easy by helmets

Old October 11th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #42
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
It wouldnt matter. a LOT of bikes have skyrocketed in price over the last 2 years. The 650 R is no longer the bargain it seemed like before either since it is now over 7 grand. The FZ6R wen up as well.
The cruiser 250s from Honda and others are now 4000 themselves.

600s are starting to close in on the 11,000 mark.... The 2007 ZX6R was only 8,999.

It's not the 250R, it's ALL bikes. The 250R will continue to be a bargain for buying a new bike....the main problem is that with bikes getting so high so fast, it's not worth buying new anymore with the price of used bikes.

I was shocked at first too with the 250Rs jump again, but its really all bikes, not the 250 only.
Yes but 600's make up 50% of the market and they are constantly upgraded every 2 or 3 years because there is a huge competition amongst the 4 brands. It will take (alot of) years before they change the 250 again.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #43
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Went to Berts Mega mall in Covina today and they have a HUGE selection of bikes. OK that said. They had 2 '09 250's, both red (that I saw) and the tag on the bike was over $6k after the freight, handling etc. msrp was 3999. The big majority of the 600cc and up bikes were all over $10k and some in the 13's. I know that the tags on the bikes are usually a suggestion and is what the dealer would really LOVE to get for the bike, and that there is usually some dickering (bickering?) when a rider is seriously looking at buying something. It will be a LOOOOOONNG while before I buy a new bike, the used market is looking better than ever. Plus, just my, didn't really care for the looks of the new bikes

nb

Old October 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #44
edwinmcq
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
US dollar is weak.
Yes,yes,yes! The problem isn't Kawasaki it is US Federal Government borrowing their butt off and making "your" buck worth more like a quarter. Get used to it.

Old October 11th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #45
tc3jg
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

O wow they are crazy as someone stated that is about 5500 otd for this bike man...THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR me though as I plan to sell mine asap to upgrade so now the 3200 I was looking to get will be more of a reality
tc3jg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #46
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
Went to Berts Mega mall in Covina today and they have a HUGE selection of bikes. OK that said. They had 2 '09 250's, both red (that I saw) and the tag on the bike was over $6k after the freight, handling etc. msrp was 3999. The big majority of the 600cc and up bikes were all over $10k and some in the 13's. I know that the tags on the bikes are usually a suggestion and is what the dealer would really LOVE to get for the bike, and that there is usually some dickering (bickering?) when a rider is seriously looking at buying something. It will be a LOOOOOONNG while before I buy a new bike, the used market is looking better than ever. Plus, just my, didn't really care for the looks of the new bikes

nb
Berts is way overpriced. OTD seems to have the best prices. and yeah used bikes are soo much cheaper... good for me

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM   #47
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewexd View Post
Yes but 600's make up 50% of the market and they are constantly upgraded every 2 or 3 years because there is a huge competition amongst the 4 brands. It will take (alot of) years before they change the 250 again.
It was just the point that all bikes across the board seem to be going up, it's not just the 250R, and it's not really due to competition. Look at the Honda Rebel which isn't new or updated and it's price has jumped 1000 in the last 2 years. A lot, if not almost all, bikes have gone up tremendously in the last few years, not just the 250 or 600s.

Old October 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #48
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Berts is way overpriced. OTD seems to have the best prices. and yeah used bikes are soo much cheaper... good for me
I agree. Where is OTD?

nb

Old October 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #49
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
It was just the point that all bikes across the board seem to be going up, it's not just the 250R, and it's not really due to competition. Look at the Honda Rebel which isn't new or updated and it's price has jumped 1000 in the last 2 years. A lot, if not almost all, bikes have gone up tremendously in the last few years, not just the 250 or 600s.
Yeah I meant that, supersports have a reason (somewhat) to constantly raise prices because they keep getting better. Can I blame kawi for raising prices ? not really considering they will be sold out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
I agree. Where is OTD?

nb
they have multiple locations in socal but the one closest to me is called LA Cyclesports in inglewood. Here's the rest. You can get prices online too, you have to sign up though.

http://www.otdcyclesports.com/?locations/list

Old October 12th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #50
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Quote:
Yeah I meant that, supersports have a reason (somewhat) to constantly raise prices because they keep getting better. Can I blame kawi for raising prices ? not really considering they will be sold out again.
http://www.otdcyclesports.com/?locations/list
Definitely agree there...I wonder how much profit they make per bike.

Old October 12th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #51
tntremainiac
ninjette.org member

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): Concours 1400 (Fat Ninja), Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Ninja 250, 80 Honda Streettracker

I done good...

Got the last 08 the day of the 'the memo'.
tntremainiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #52
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

this is for all replies here. Well the pricing and 'newer' 2010 Isnt gonna get me to Sell my 2009 250R, OR Trade it in towards something 'New'.

Im just gonna Keep Riding on with my 2009 and everthing is Fine! Once i pay mine off, -should be by the End of Next Summer 2010- ill be just going on with my Life. Until i win the Lotto, or get lucky and come across a Huge Sum of Free Money.... if that happens, then ill be getting a ZX-6R of some sort, for my 2nd Bike to Keep!

Now in afew years if they produce a newer Ninja 250R with a HP rating of like 45-50+ THEN after a DEMO RIDE, i just might Trade or Sell my 2009 in for that one!!!

until then guys... stop going Insane about all the Hype, or Lack of...

later!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #53
ScorpionNinja

Also on a side note, i dont think kawi will. .. "so easily sell each and every 2010 250R this year".

Price is higher, yet GAS isnt $4.00 /gal. (reason why in summer 08, i started looking into a 08-250R!)

How many 2010's they sell... who knows, but IMO i dont think they will. IMO i think the 2008-2010 250R new gens, are hitting a Sales WALL this year!
with everything going on within the economy,etc...

So heh... what about the 2010 Kawasaki Eliminator? 95MPG still? $2,500 msrp still? for your "fuel and work city commune issues".

Old October 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #54
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

this time last year i was waiting for my dealer to get their first 2009, and others were putting deposits to hold a 2009 when they came in. right now my dealer still has 2 on the floor.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #55
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
this time last year i was waiting for my dealer to get their first 2009, and others were putting deposits to hold a 2009 when they came in. right now my dealer still has 2 on the floor.
yea, that reminds me! Happy 100% with my 2009 250R, i forgot about the new 2010's should be rolling in local dealerships Now! (Limited to 1/per) , just to walk in, check them out in person! Back in the late summer of 08, i walked in and saw a Green 08 250R, thou it was marked SOLD, i was just in Awe of seeing it up close! Then a week later i saw a RED 08 250R, thou marked SOLD.... i knew what Color i really wanted! So when Feb.09 came & my dealership was taking depo's for the new 09s... BAM "Ill take a RED 09".

Those 2 09's might sit there for afew months more too...
only time will tell!

hey, anyone have any Brand NEW 07-250R's with like 1mile on the OD, sitting at your dealership that they just cant sell? Im just curious. because, when i took my ninja in for its 600 mile oil change/etc, these guys still had a 07-ZX-6R on the floor for sale (NEW, not used)

Old October 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #56
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntremainiac View Post
Got the last 08 the day of the 'the memo'.
Same here. The second dealer canceled my deposit and told me a couple days before the memo. I informed 2fiddy.com, but before that I went into "panic mode" and started calling every dealership I had any chance of being able to visit. I had exhausted all of the mid/North GA dealers when I remembered that I was going to visit family in WV before moving to CA at the end of the year, so I called WV/VA dealerships and got a hit.

One dealer had unexpectedly received a shipment from an order placed while they were still two competing dealerships. You see, they bought out a competitor and Kawi said that despite both having already placed their 2008 orders, they could only receive the EX250 stock rationed for a single dealership ("rationed" is the right word!). That meant that this shipment of four 250R bikes which had arrived one day earlier was up for grabs with no deposits! I whipped out my credit card to place a deposit and asked which colors were avaialable and they just said "Blue." I asked if all of them were blue and they said that no, they only had one left and it was blue. In a single day they managed to sell three of the four unexpected bikes without deposits or a single one set up on the floor! I seriously lucked out.

I placed my deposit, and ran up here a few days later with the rest of the money in cash (MSRP + $200 crate/set-up). This dealer was only 12mi away, but I talked to the only dealership closer to my local family and he had no idea that Kawi had canceled the rest of his 2008 EX250 orders. When I showed him the news, he seemed a little freaked but thanked me regardless. He actually didn't believe it until we logged in and pulled up the *official* notice on his own computer. Sucks for whoever he had waiting for it. If he had notified them, his customers likely would've called the same dealer I called and gotten it before me!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2009, 07:17 PM   #57
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
yea, that reminds me! Happy 100% with my 2009 250R, i forgot about the new 2010's should be rolling in local dealerships Now! (Limited to 1/per) , just to walk in, check them out in person! Back in the late summer of 08, i walked in and saw a Green 08 250R, thou it was marked SOLD, i was just in Awe of seeing it up close! Then a week later i saw a RED 08 250R, thou marked SOLD.... i knew what Color i really wanted! So when Feb.09 came & my dealership was taking depo's for the new 09s... BAM "Ill take a RED 09".

Those 2 09's might sit there for afew months more too...
only time will tell!

hey, anyone have any Brand NEW 07-250R's with like 1mile on the OD, sitting at your dealership that they just cant sell? Im just curious. because, when i took my ninja in for its 600 mile oil change/etc, these guys still had a 07-ZX-6R on the floor for sale (NEW, not used)
They still had one at Hillbilly in Princeton, WV at the end of 2008 and I'm pretty sure they still had it at the beginning of 2009 but I think someone here finally bought it. I would have if I couldn't find probably the last one of the last '08 shipment that I found nearby.

Oh, and most dealers put on about 2mi in my experience.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #58
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I posted a pic of her a few months back, she was still there sadly It's in my so I visited my local dealer thread - from the endish of June