Notices

Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Stunt legend Chris Pfeiffer retires

Chris Pfeiffer doing what he does best

FOUR-times world stunt riding champion Christian Pfeiffer has announced that he’s packing in the shows after two decades amazing onlookers with his seemingly superhuman riding skills.

His Facebook page was the platform for his parting message, which reads:

'Dear friends, fans and partners,

I’ll keep it short: after 20 years as a professional rider I've decided that it's time to stop riding shows. I'm 45-years-old now and in the past months it's become increasingly hard to ride at a top level. But this has always been my ambition and I've always said that if I cannot get any better then it’ll be time for me to quit and to leave the field to younger riders.

In the past 20 years I’ve ridden thousands of shows all around the world - in 94 countries! It's been an unforgettable experience with countless adventures and experiences. I've worked hard to bring the sport stunt riding out into the mainstream and to thrill, enthuse and entertain many spectators. What a wonderful time I’ve had!

I rode my last stunt riding contest in 2010 and not too long ago I performed at what was probably my last show. But one thing's for sure, I will not quit riding – because riding is my life. That will never change.

Many thanks to all of you!

CHRIS'

That seems like a good excuse to head over to YouTube and remind ourselves just how impressive Pfeiffer’s skills are. Try this one as a starter.
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

Man wanted by police after naked burnout
This doesn't end as badly as I thought it would
Drift battle on ice: GSX-R1000 vs Polaris buggy
Everyone loves a good stunt...
Next withdraws t-shirts showing FMX rider with chimp’s head

Click here for full story...