Old April 25th, 2016, 06:54 PM   #41
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Bring your bike down to Memphis and I'll teach you the ways. Then we can race around the parking lot. Haha. When those dirt tires wear out get some Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's or equivalent. They are super grippy.
@Jono I may actually be in Tennessee later this year, like in August. I want to try to do some off roading down there. If so, I will hit you up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven
Maybe not the best place for me to ask, but I noticed that the Euro and Asia spec KLX250SF apparently comes with EFI. Has anyone reading attempted or read about doing that conversion for US bikes? My google-fu is apparently weak; all I found were more questions and generic/DIY solutions.
@toEleven I have not, and I would not. Part of what I love about these bikes is that you can change them drastically by altering aspects of the carburetion -- if you put a 33mm flat slide pumper carb on it, it will be fast as ****!! That's my next plan, I think... But to answer your question, I would assume it would be way more work than it's worth, for many reasons... I would just go with the WR250X if you're looking for a fuel injected supermoto/dual sport.
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old April 26th, 2016, 04:26 AM   #42
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
not to be your mother but you realize practicing turns in a parking lot like that one with curbs right there at the ends is not very safe right? Sure you are not putting other people in jeopardy but hitting that curb at any speed while sliding there is high potential for a debilitating injury or worse.

Just saying

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #43
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
^at least it's better than the street!! I'm trying to take my KLX to a flat track race this year!
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #44
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
@Jono I may actually be in Tennessee later this year, like in August. I want to try to do some off roading down there. If so, I will hit you up!

@toEleven I have not, and I would not. Part of what I love about these bikes is that you can change them drastically by altering aspects of the carburetion -- if you put a 33mm flat slide pumper carb on it, it will be fast as ****!! That's my next plan, I think... But to answer your question, I would assume it would be way more work than it's worth, for many reasons... I would just go with the WR250X if you're looking for a fuel injected supermoto/dual sport.
Cool! For sure let me know if you make it down to TN.

And I agree completely on the it not being worth the trouble to try and get the parts to convert to EFI. Just get a used CRF250L and some sumo wheels. Would be a much better option. Or if you can find a WR250X one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
not to be your mother but you realize practicing turns in a parking lot like that one with curbs right there at the ends is not very safe right? Sure you are not putting other people in jeopardy but hitting that curb at any speed while sliding there is high potential for a debilitating injury or worse.

Just saying
You under estimate my skills! jk. Thanks for the concern. Yes it had crossed my mind. But it looks scarier in the video than in real life. I feel like there is an okay amount of run off for the speed I am going. I wasn't riding 100%. I left room for error. And the tires provide good feedback. I can tell when it was starting to break loose. The front chattered some and the rear only slid out a bit once. And it's still much safer than trying this on the street. It was a controlled environment and clean pavement.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:54 PM   #45
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^^ Used CRF250L with sumo wheels!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2016, 09:16 PM   #46
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
^^^ Used CRF250L with sumo wheels!
Brrrraaap!

Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2016, 10:18 PM   #47
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ that's the SR Moto bike, they're local to my family. They have some of their demo pictures on the same roads I ride.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2016, 12:57 PM   #48
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Oh my. My bank account is not gonna like this. ...I'm kind of excited though.