ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Wear your gear?...because this is why...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4f8_1337161645
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Gear wasn't a bad idea, but making sure you're going to be able to merge into traffic can be useful as well. Thankfully she was thrown forward a bit, and car didn't run her over after the accident.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Gear wasn't a bad idea, but making sure you're going to be able to merge into traffic can be useful as well.

A lot of people actually mentioned this, and i agree
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #4
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

I think that's the first russian crash video I've seen that doesn't end in a fist fight.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #5
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
That is a dangerous place to ride a motorcycle..........
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Avenged7Fold
Ninjette Noob

Name: Trent

Motorcycle(s): 2004 YZF-600r ---- 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
I think that's the first russian crash video I've seen that doesn't end in a fist fight.
lmao, you have me feeling like a jerk because I just saw someone crash and now I'm laughing hard.

Old June 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #7
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Fastest emergency responder I've ever seen. I am really she got rear ended and not swiped. Would have been much much worse.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #8
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

It could have been a whole lot worse... The fact that she walked into that ambulance and wasn't carried in... She should definitely have been more careful and not gone straight into the fast lane...

Old June 15th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #9
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Ouch. The guy driving the cage can't have been concentrating on the road. She should of pulled away quicker or waited for a bigger gap though. Still the cage drivers fault imo.

It was nice to see she had all that protection on. I'm sure it made a huge difference in that crash.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #10
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

All her fault... she pulled out too slowly for traffic conditions when there wasn't enough room. She is lucky she got hit like she did and was alright enough to stand etc could've easily gone much worse.
She won't do that again!!!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #11
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
All her fault... she pulled out too slowly for traffic conditions when there wasn't enough room. She is lucky she got hit like she did and was alright enough to stand etc could've easily gone much worse.
She won't do that again!!!
I don't think so. The guy tailing her had enough time to spot the driver, observe his speed and make hand motioning to slow down. That's a long period of time right there. The driver didn't appear to slow down at all until almost the moment he collided with her.

Also: she crossed into the slow lane. Observe how slow the black car and then the white car were travelling in that lane. They looked like they were going half the speed of the guy that hit her. The small van that passes them after the collision that takes place is also going much slower than that guy.

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #12
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Yeah i dont see how you can say its all her fault. Yeah she went right into the fast lane when she shouldnt have but the guy in the car had plenty of time to slow down or stop had he been paying attention to the road.
jdv5074 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

For me it comes back to that whole fault vs. responsibility thing. Of course the driver could have and should have slowed down. But if we put ourselves in the position of requiring another driver to do anything at all to ensure our safety, we're taking unnecessary risks. The fast moving car was visible on a clear day on a straight road, and the motorcyclist put themself right in front of it. Legal fault? Debatable, but probably the car. Responsibility for staying safe? Motorcyclists never get to transfer that to anyone else, as it just wouldn't matter.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
......Responsibility for staying safe? Motorcyclists never get to transfer that to anyone else, as it just wouldn't matter.
Fully agree

She was indeed inexperienced, as she didn't look long and hard enough as to fully evaluate the situation (she did a rolling-stop); besides she basically moved into the slow lane too early.

The rider with the camera saw the whole situation coming, as he looked twice and even waved to the car driver, while he was using the fast lane.

You can see the car nose-pitching as it passed the second rider, which indicates that he either was not paying attention or didn't expect them to invade the slow lane by which he planned to pass both riders.

Her backpack helped absorbing the shock against the windshield of the car.

Some learn by education, some learn by accidents and close calls,.........some never have the chance to learn.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #15
walty87
ninjette.org guru

Name: andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250

I pretty much agree with what everyone else has been saying on this thread. Ya the car had more then enough space / time to see the rider's and slow down, but I would never trust a cager! I especially wouldn't have pulled out and gone that slow ><.

And taking her helmet off was a huge mistake. Keep that sucker on unless it's keeping her from breathing. Let the paramedics take it off! Who knows if she had neck injuries or not!
walty87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #16
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
@Alex: I agree it was her responsibility to keep herself safe and she did a bad job of it. We shouldn't expect other drivers to act responsibly and this video is [sadly] more proof of that.

Fault lies with the cager. She was a victim, but she was also empowered to avoid that situation.

Also: she missed a great opportunity to justifiably enjoy a bit of fast acceleration there! She would've been safer and had more fun had she stepped hard on the gas having turned onto the road.

Old September 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #17
Dragonracer76
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
@Alex: I agree it was her responsibility to keep herself safe and she did a bad job of it. We shouldn't expect other drivers to act responsibly and this video is [sadly] more proof of that.

Fault lies with the cager. She was a victim, but she was also empowered to avoid that situation.

Also: she missed a great opportunity to justifiably enjoy a bit of fast acceleration there! She would've been safer and had more fun had she stepped hard on the gas having turned onto the road.
Turning into the far lane isn't illegal in the UK? That was her biggest mistake. He might have been speeding but would have just flown by if she had turned into the closer lane to begin with. BTW, Hi Akima. It's been a while.

Old September 30th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Dragonracer76
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Talking tough chick

She should change her last name to Timex..

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM   #19
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonracer76 View Post
Turning into the far lane isn't illegal in the UK? That was her biggest mistake. He might have been speeding but would have just flown by if she had turned into the closer lane to begin with. BTW, Hi Akima. It's been a while.

They don't make junctions like that in the UK. You would only be aloud to turn right in the UK in the opposite direction they wanted to go.

Old October 1st, 2012, 11:18 AM   #20
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

argh if this were to happen to my friends id prolly murder that guy.

Should never have been allowed in a vehicle to begin with.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 01:35 PM   #21
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
argh if this were to happen to my friends id prolly murder that guy.

Should never have been allowed in a vehicle to begin with.
why? He sucks at driving but she sucked at riding. Youre going down the highway at 60 mph then two motorcyclists pull out and are taking up two lanes... I cant really get to mad at the dudes in this video. You cant pussy foot around like that getting onto a busy road. When you go you ****ing go...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM   #22
conrya5
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Metalic Island Blue Ninja 250r

At least the guy riding along helped her... no one else gave a !@#$

I would rather wait to take off into traffic for 5 minutes than pressure myself into an unsafe situation that I wasn't ready/experienced enough for.

Either way she is lucky to be walking!
conrya5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM   #23
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
her fault for letting someone hit her (mostly caused by a lack of observation as well as too timid on the gas). still that retard in the car's fault for not paying any attention to what their doing

like someone else said, maybe pick a better place to learn to ride

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM   #24
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
why? He sucks at driving but she sucked at riding. Youre going down the highway at 60 mph then two motorcyclists pull out and are taking up two lanes... I cant really get to mad at the dudes in this video. You cant pussy foot around like that getting onto a busy road. When you go you ****ing go...
Hope ur kidding...the general rule is you slow down regardless when people are pulling out from a side street...you dont stay on the fcking pedal and then brake the last 15feet or so like this guy did.
But who knows, maybe theres more to this story. Maybe she was a fairly new rider still getting used to the bike...doesnt mean she was irresponsible ect. and the only reason they took up both lanes was because the guy saw the car coming so obviously he was not going to get in front of it...The guy in the cage had a looooooong time to brake, he's just an idiot.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:41 AM   #25
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

not joking. as a rider you have to make up for the stupidity of people in cars.

You had a good little bit where youre like oh **** oh **** hes coming up way too fast. She should have been looking behind here especially since she seems to pull out slow and continue slow...

You cant just always blame people in cars, because honestly its irrelevant whos fault it is, if you lose your life. Especially if its because you werent paying attention.

Also this "general rule" you speak of is not a rule at all. You pull out in front of me going slow I will ride your ass. You can get away with doing it in a car because if you get hit, you get hit and that sucks. Obviously as we see here on a motorcycle its a different story.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM   #26
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
not joking. as a rider you have to make up for the stupidity of people in cars.

You had a good little bit where youre like oh **** oh **** hes coming up way too fast. She should have been looking behind here especially since she seems to pull out slow and continue slow...

You cant just always blame people in cars, because honestly its irrelevant whos fault it is, if you lose your life. Especially if its because you werent paying attention.

Also this "general rule" you speak of is not a rule at all. You pull out in front of me going slow I will ride your ass. You can get away with doing it in a car because if you get hit, you get hit and that sucks. Obviously as we see here on a motorcycle its a different story.
i totally agree..as the person merging, you have a responsibility to mesh seamlessly with traffic. Yes, if you get rear ended it's usually almost always the person behind who's at fault, but you technically caused the accident.. same thing here, she brought it upon herself, regardless of the driver's lack of attention.

I can't stand when people merge in front of me going under the speed limit. Then they get all irked when you are up on them..well gee..i wonder why..everyones driving 65-70 and here they are driving 50 to merge on and get in front of you!!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote