ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

2011 front sprok swap

Just got my new JT....with an extra tooth : )
I ran a JT16 on my '09 for 2 years and never really noticed big diff between the OEM sprock and the JT.
The JT comes with one flat side and the other with a raised center with numbers on it.. but no rubber washers( or are they seals )that the OEM sprock has.
Now that I'm paying more attention to what I do..... how impoertant are those OEM rubbers ?
I mean...given that they will compress when we torque that sucker up to 94 I got to believe they act as seals and not spacers ....am I right?
It appears the OEM rubbbers can be removed and the little " indexing pins" trimmed off and the rubber reset onto the JT in approx the same position ??? Is it advisable to reuse these over the JT or can I get away with just MDS-ing the JT's. Just something i didn't notice last time i did this and it got me wondering ?
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #2
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

If I'm thinking of the same rubber you speak of.... It is not removable. It is there to absorb some of the shift "clunk". The JT does not have it nor does it need it. There are still absorbers in the rear sprocket hub that do a similar job. No worries man. Install the new JT.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #3
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Just did. Now I'm praying that my Horror Freight wrench is accirate as that nut went on a whole lot easier than it came off. The bike had 1450 miles when i got it and , wow, talk about new things being tighter ! I ran the other JT for like 16k and it looked like new when i sold the bike...but like i said...it made me think when i noticed it. Thanks
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote