ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:07 AM   #1
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Scorpion Eternity Jacket Review. (Soon to be picture Heavy.)

Skip to bottom for conclusion if you dont want to read it all.

Hey guys, finally I got my last piece of gear in the mail today, and of all my pieces this is the one I wanted the most! It's the 2011 Scorpion Eternity Jacket. Here is just a little review of it. I do not have a motorcycle yet, but now that I have all my gear from head to toe I can finally start saving up for one. So, there may be some things I have to leave out. Sorry for the picture qualities. It was late and well, quality wasnt in my main interest. Lol. I wanted to post pictures, but somehow all the pictures I actually wanted to use, didnt load. Ill have to retake them, so here's just the text part for now. Hopefully tomorrow I can add pictures.

Pricing: Woah. Talk about expensive, this sucker costed me $389.95 online at RevZilla.com . I'm one of those people who believe you get what you pay for, and this jacket certainly gave me what I paid for. Even though it was costly, I did earn 15 dollars in revzilla cash so that's a plus.

Style Love it! The jacket comes in two different colors, and two different "styles" if the second qualifies as a style. One is black and white like mine, the other is all black. One is called "Phantom" because there's no graphics on the back, but I wanted the graphics simply because I thought they looked cool on the web, and in person they certainly do. Great style, 5/5.

Sizing: I measured myself and according to the chart I'm a size large. I was a little scared because the sleeves on the size chart certainly were not anywhere near how long my arms are (In fact, they were several inches longer) But I said what the heck lets shoot for it. As soon as it came out of the box I tried it on and it fit pretty snug with the liner in, which I like. I am a bit scared that by the time I get a motorcycle I may gain weight, hopefully not though because then it may be too tight around the waist.

As for chest, the chart was right on the dot. It fit me fine when all the way zipped up. And the sleeves weren't bad at all. They were slightly longer but not several inches. This is good because it allows me to get in the forward riding position and still have my sleeve covered. 5/5 for the right on fit.

Features and extras: Features are a big plus for me, especially if I'm spending nearly $400 on something. This doesn't lack the features I would like. First off is the liner. This jacket was advertised as a 3 season jacket. Keep you warm in the cooler weather, take out the liner, and keeps you cooler (as possible) in the hotter weather. I like the liner and how I can use the jacket through different weather. Living in florida, we only really get 3 seasons. (Usually. lol.) Plus, the cuffs at the end on the wrist of the liner is so comfortable! I fell in love with it and when I took the liner out it felt weird, but just because I got used to the cuffs.

Second, the zippers on the sleeve. If the zipper is pointing down, the zipper zips up and down. Have the end face up, and the zipper locks. Making me feel safer and eases my mind on the zipper opening in a crash. +1 for that feature.

The vents. There's 4. Two intake vents in the front, two exhaust vents in the back. This means, you unzip the two front vents (Which also act as pockets) and the back vents, and the wind flows right through the jacket. But no worries, since the fit is right on, you wont blow up like a blow fish. I'm pretty certain it'll stay nice and firm, which cooling you down (as much as possible.).

Perforated leather front panels. They allow more airflow. As you can see, I needed a jacket with a lot of air flow. Florida weather is no joke, and in the hotter seasons, I need airflow just as much as I need protection. This jacket allows both!

Titanium sliders on the elbows and shoulders. This is also for safety and will be mentioned again, but these too act as a vent. They're sliders on your shoulders and elbows with little holes in them so air can flow through, which is nice because the CE rated armor also has holes for maximum air flow. I love it. They thought of everything it seems like.

Kevlar stretch panels about the elbow. These allow for the more aggressive bike riding position. (How would I know if I dont have a bike? Thank you revzilla reviews! + common sence.). I like how its kevlar because I was wondering how it would hold up when I thought it was just plain old elastic.

Inside pockets. In both the liner and in the jacket without the liner. Just so you can hold extra stuff.

Belt loop to hook jacket to pants. (Ready for me to upset gear crazies? ) I wear jeans. When I ride, I got myself a pair of Kevlar lined jeans (GASP!) But no worries I know all the risks to this and plan on getting leather overpants sooner or later. Anyways, my point is, I like how this belt loop strap will go through the back belt loop, keeping my jacket and pants in one place. No lower back exposed for those who drive around with spackle.

Im sure I'm missing a few features some how, but I got the main ones covored for now. Features: 5/5

PROTECTION! The thing you may all be wondering about! And, should be wondering about. I for one feel extremely safe in this jacket. The elbow armor is where it would be and I believe it'll stay there on a crash.

Should shoulder and elbow armor are C.E rated and shaped right. As for back protection, they did disappoint me a little. Spending nearly 400 dollars should qualify me for good protection all around right? So... why couldnt they throw in a C.E Rated back armor? Its just foam. Better believe I'll be getting some replacement for it. C.E. rated too.

What I like about the armor is there are holes in them, as you can see in the pictures. Once again, great protection, great airflow.

Now for the titanium sliders. Not only will these help when I go down, but I think they'll help me not get caught on anything (which is what I think they're meant for... right? Correct me if I am wrong.). But I like them. You can see they're located both at the shoulders and elbows.

Kevlar Elastic. Allows elbow max elbow movement without real fear of tearing. But even though they say kevlar elastic, I just.... dont know. Something about it. But Im sure itll hold up if I go down.

Leather! Revzilla says "Constructed of top-grain leather 1.2-1.4mm". Which I assume is really good. (Now Im just getting lazy. So, conclusion time.)

Conclusion: Over all, this jacket is amazing and is exactly what you pay for. The non C.E rated back foam is a little upsetting, but thats fine. I wish I could comment on airflow after I kept telling you it should provide a lot of airflow, but hopefully soon I'll be able to let you know. I wont lie though, walking around the house I felt a little... warm. Actually pretty warm. I hope it wont be as warm as it was just walking, when Im actually in 35 MPH wind and what not. Im sure it wont, I just wasn't moving around much. I'm going to give this jacket a 4.9 out of 5. Just because of the foam back pad. Although, thats what most jackets come with most the time any ways. So, if you're looking for a great jacket that is built for multiple seasons, especially summer, that has nice features, is stylish, and provides great protection, get the Scorpion Eternity Jacket. I'm in love with it already!
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 02:26 AM   #2
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

all i have to say is should of spent 10.05 more ;]
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Yeah it woulda been better. lol

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:25 AM   #4
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

i like scorpions ful suit but i cant see my sell spending that much on a jacket or suit x] my fine sir i am a closeout watcher x]
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM   #5
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

That jacket is amazing. I've been wanting the white Eternity or Stinger but cant afford to spend $400 on a jacket. I bought the scorpion All-In jacket at it's initial closeout of $200 but it was all black and really wanted a summer perf jacket for summer. Unfortunate that whites never go on sale.

I'm pretty sure you'll love it on the bike. It's very solid piece of gear. If you dont mind me asking, how much does it weight? My All-In weighs a ton and feels bulky walking around.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM   #6
Moldbuster
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Limited Ed

Looks good! As for pricing, er...that doesn't seem too bad. Try...

This...
http://motoport.com/_product_106904/...sh_Kevlar_Suit

Plus This...
http://motoport.com/_product_35442/G...ng_Kevlar_Suit

Old June 4th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
That jacket is amazing. I've been wanting the white Eternity or Stinger but cant afford to spend $400 on a jacket. I bought the scorpion All-In jacket at it's initial closeout of $200 but it was all black and really wanted a summer perf jacket for summer. Unfortunate that whites never go on sale.

I'm pretty sure you'll love it on the bike. It's very solid piece of gear. If you dont mind me asking, how much does it weight? My All-In weighs a ton and feels bulky walking around.
When I used the ups tracking system to see where it was at, it showed that the package was 9 lbs. So around 8 or 9 to be honest. When I hold it just in the hanger I do say "wow this is heavy". But when I put it on. I don't notice the weight at all.

Sorry for the delay on pictures btw everyone. I been busy getting called into work a lot lately. Gotta get that money for a bike you know. Lol