ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Richapow
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2000 ZZR 250

Aliexpress. Please help.

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong section! I am new to the whole riding scene, and have been looking on-line for new set of fairings for my 2000 ZZR 250. I came across this one ad, and is extremely interested in purchasing the product...however, I am unsure whether it would fit my particular year.

Here is the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...722564732.html

It says it would fit 1990-2007 250's...but it only lists specific years in the title and "model number". If anyone can shed some light on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Richapow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #2
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Google search on this site "cheap chinese fenders"
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Richapow
ninjette.org newbie

I'm sorry..?

Old March 24th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

These are what people refer to as "cheap chinese fenders" if you google that on this site you will find many results of people having brought these, typically they don't like them because they fit poorly and have a bad finish. But the concensus is they are ok for the price if you buy them expecting them to be a bit crap.

You remember old nokia phones with the interchangable face plates? The offical ones were great but the cheap chinese ones were terrible, but cheap.

Old March 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Richapow
ninjette.org newbie

Ohhh...thanks for clearing that up!
What kind of fairings should I be looking for? I'm trying to stay away from local motorcycle shops because I am on a budget and do not have the luxury of spending $650 for a cowl alone...

And referring back to my original question...if I do purchase the product, expecting it to be slightly different than the original...it SHOULD still fit?

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richapow View Post
Ohhh...thanks for clearing that up!
What kind of fairings should I be looking for? I'm trying to stay away from local motorcycle shops because I am on a budget and do not have the luxury of spending $650 for a cowl alone...

And referring back to my original question...if I do purchase the product, expecting it to be slightly different than the original...it SHOULD still fit?
I strongly suggest you search the site, if you do you will see it's not uncommon for people to have to re-drill the screw holes in the right places and panels may have gaps or may be tootight and be wonky or need a lot of coaxing. Or they could be "ok".

So, they should fit, but expect to have to drill new holes and give it some mechanical pursuasion.

Old March 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Richapow
ninjette.org newbie

Okay I will do that. Thanks a lot for your help!

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Josh, his bike is the much less common EX250H. It will be much harder to find used original parts and I have to wonder about the availability of factory parts as well. Chinese fairings are better than no fairings.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2013, 02:39 AM   #9
vanman69
ninjette.org member

Name: jet

Motorcycle(s): zzr250 gt650r zxr250 ninja 300

fairings from any year zzr will fit mate,i bought some chinese fairings awhile ago they alright.
vanman69 is offline   Reply With Quote