ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old November 18th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #1
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

cheap swingarm and frame sliders from ebay?

Can I get the spool (swingarm sliders) from ebay? I know they have Shogun for $25, but others are as little as $9.95 (see below). I'm more worried about tip overs and sub-20mph crashes than anything serious, in which case I'll have bigger worries than my swingarm. The extra money can go to a summer jacket.

Specifically, I'm wondering about the spool/swingarm sliders and the frame sliders. I really prefer the frame-sliders that don't require much work other than removing the fairing and screwing them in--any recommendations for good, affordable ones?
--

While I agree with most that exhaust isn't all that important, I DO like the looks of the black or CF ones MUCH better than the chrome '09 versions....still debating between DanMoto (a sponsor) and the PLMFs, which get good reviews despite their being rip-offs--will do 2-3 shims regardless (and may pull the snorkel and/or get a new air-filter).

--
LINK to CHEAPER SWINGARM PROTECTORS-->
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Nin...ht_1288wt_1059
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i always say wear your scars like a badge of honor, but thats just me...

spools are very handy for putting the bike on stands though... love my spools

Old November 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #3
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

If it was just scratches, I'd be fine....I'm worried more about small falls breaking or bending things more expensive to replace than sliders. Though I'd never replace/paint a minor scratched fairing, I could see painting one that was really messed up.
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Matz
is stunning! ;)

Name: Matz

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 FS2, XT350

I've got Puig Crash Pads on my Ninja, there fantastic and stick out much higher and wider than any other that I've seen, will protect your indicators, bars and mirrors, probably even your exhaust too!
They bolt straight on to the frame, replacing the engine mount bolts, very easy to do. I also had to replace the ECU bolts with longer ones, but that only applies to the FI Ninjas.