ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old July 9th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[American Motorcyclist Association] - Scott Summers home burns, fund established

The house of Scott Summers, who was elected to the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 2014, burned to the ground earlier this week.

No one was injured, but the property was a complete loss.

Summers' family has established a fund to help Scott and his wife Amanda rebuild. His sister, Brooke Summers-Perry, sent in the following information:
Scott and Amanda Summers lost their home to a fire this weekend. To them, it was the base from which they fortified their peace and strength that everyone they pass benefits from. For the family, it was the home we grew up in gathered in for holidays and vacation visiting. It was so much more than that, because of the charitable way they lived in it -- taking each of us in at various challenging times in our lives. The two of them have spent most of their lives engaging their choice to contribute and support others. I would love to show them the support they've spent their lives giving others. Many of us within the family and beyond would say, "I don't know where I would have ended up if they hadn't helped me (my family) get back on my (our) feet."

We are so grateful that everyone got out in time. They are dealing with this with gratitude, strength, resilience, and if you know them you'll understand this: Their resilience is wrapped in humility and humor. A house can be rebuilt, and your support is most appreciated.

Donations can be directed by check made out to “Reboot and Rebuid” and mailed to:
Huntington Bank
2252 Burlington Pike
Burlington, KY 41005

Or by online donations made at http://www.gofundme.com/summersrebootandrebuild.

Click here for full story...