ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Allan

Motorcycle(s): 250

Thumbs up 3rd gen 4th gen Hybrid

Here is my ninja project that I did a few years ago. Fiber-glassed a 4th gen headlight onto a 3rd gen to give it an updated look. Turned out great and have been riding it, but I get board and it's time to change it up again.

Now I am going to go retro cafe racer / streetfighter combo. Just thought I would post this for you to show it has been done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1366387537949.jpg (114.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1366387537529.jpg (115.7 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1366387536762.jpg (108.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1366387535625.jpg (143.0 KB, 165 views)
Retro Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Very cool!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Woahhhhhhhh Somebody find that guy asking how to make a pregen look cool and send him here!
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

Exclamation

Also to note, since I am currently going yet another different route that this modified 1-piece front end still in perfect condition, is going to be up for sale. I don't think I could ship this without it somehow getting damaged, so would be a locale sale only.

PM me if you're interested.

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #5
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

WOW! More pics! More pics!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Ninja View Post
Also to note, since I am currently going yet another different route that this modified 1-piece front end still in perfect condition, is going to be up for sale. I don't think I could ship this without it somehow getting damaged, so would be a locale sale only.

PM me if you're interested.
Look. I don't even care if I need to repair it after shipping. I've already got the headlight and I simply must know: HOW MUCH?!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Look. I don't even care if I need to repair it after shipping. I've already got the headlight and I simply must know: HOW MUCH?!
I have already received a few PM's and as stated I would like not to ship something like this.

When it is mounted on the bike it is very solid, but also supported. When unbolted and in-trasit is what I am worried about. It is all 1-piece now and kind of heavy, without a stand or crate to ship in it would be prone to cracking. And I don't want to let someone down when it arrives fubared, and think I ripped them off or something. If in person I know 100% they are receiving a good item and will verify, and no chances of $$$ deals being scamed either as it will be cash. I would also like to sell it all as one piece assembled ready to install: custom fairing, smoked headlight/LED bulbs, smoked signals, & HotBodies Windscreen

I know it is a GREAT deal for anyone in WA,OR,or ID area, and has only come about because I have changed my direction after a few years of having it like this. It looks great on the 250 and will definitely change the looks. Fit's with barely any modification to you're current bike (paint or color change obviously, unless yours is already green ) If you are also concerned on fitment, I am possibly willing to install it for you as well.

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #8
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Old April 19th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Assuming I can't convince you to ship it at a price I could afford, can you show us more of how it was done? How does it look from behind/around the gauges? Will it support mirrors? What changes did you make to the headlight wiring?

Quote:
I have already received a few PM's and as stated I would like not to ship something like this.
Instead of simply begging like I assume they are doing, I hope to address your concerns as a way to change your mind by stating publicly that I don't mind if it's damaged in transit and promising to pay in a no-risk way (no PayPal/CC charge-backs). I need to learn how do work with FG anyway as I need to reshape another fairing and glass over some blinker/mirror mount holes.

Quote:
When it is mounted on the bike it is very solid, but also supported. When unbolted and in-trasit is what I am worried about. It is all 1-piece now and kind of heavy, without a stand or crate to ship in it would be prone to cracking. And I don't want to let someone down when it arrives fubared, and think I ripped them off or something.
That's just it: I don't care about cracks and I wouldn't be let down at all! You have my public statement saying so, so you're in the clear if I can make it worth your while and you decide to ship it to me. A simple cardboard box is fine by me.

Quote:
If in person I know 100% they are receiving a good item and will verify, and no chances of $$$ deals being scamed either as it will be cash. I would also like to sell it all as one piece assembled ready to install: custom fairing, smoked headlight/LED bulbs, smoked signals, & HotBodies Windscreen
I know you aren't allowed to send cash by mail, but I would if you'll take it. I could send a check and wait as long as you want as well. Either would include a signed statement that I'm accepting it for that amount in any condition. No chance that I could get away with scamming you!

Quote:
I know it is a GREAT deal for anyone in WA,OR,or ID area, and has only come about because I have changed my direction after a few years of having it like this. It looks great on the 250 and will definitely change the looks. Fit's with barely any modification to you're current bike (paint or color change obviously, unless yours is already green ) If you are also concerned on fitment, I am possibly willing to install it for you as well.
Still: How much? If you still don't want to sell directly to me, I'm still interested in knowing how much because it may be worth finding someone in WA, OR, or ID who will buy it and ship it to me.

Anyway, you said you wanted to go in a different direction. If your plans involve cutting up another fairing, I have a 1-piece upper from eBay and another from Airtech (both shipped in cardboard boxes with packing peanuts). Perhaps we can trade? I have them stored in plastic storage bins with shopping bags full of packing materials (some full of crumpled paper, some full of inflated air bags, some full of packing peanuts) and I could confidently tape up one of these bins and ship it right away! The bags work like sturdy, supporting, balls that fill the inside area so that it doesn't flex under its own weight and crack. Of course, I'd ship first and the container could be re-used for return shipping.

Old April 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

CZroe, I will say you have me thinking....

I will be back after lunch

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #11
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Now THAT's dirty. Love it
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #12
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Assuming I can't convince you to ship it at a price I could afford, can you show us more of how it was done? How does it look from behind/around the gauges? Will it support mirrors? What changes did you make to the headlight wiring?

I can take some pics of the 1-piece but it is off the bike at the moment and the rest of my bike is already stripped getting ready for the next transformation, so I can't just slide it back on for pics. It fits around the stock gauges perfectly (3rd gen). Yes, the stock 4th gen 250 mirrors bolt on to the OEM existing holes above the headlight next to the windscreen. (mirrors we're not yet on in the pic above, you can see the holes though.) The headlight's I wired up to the OEM switch

Instead of simply begging like I assume they are doing, I hope to address your concerns as a way to change your mind by stating publicly that I don't mind if it's damaged in transit and promising to pay in a no-risk way (no PayPal/CC charge-backs). I need to learn how do work with FG anyway as I need to reshape another fairing and glass over some blinker/mirror mount holes.

That's just it: I don't care about cracks and I wouldn't be let down at all! You have my public statement saying so, so you're in the clear if I can make it worth your while and you decide to ship it to me. A simple cardboard box is fine by me.

I know you aren't allowed to send cash by mail, but I would if you'll take it. I could send a check and wait as long as you want as well. Either would include a signed statement that I'm accepting it for that amount in any condition. No chance that I could get away with scamming you!

I am still thinking about shipping as a possibility, as it seems their is not too many people on here from the northwest.

Still: How much? If you still don't want to sell directly to me, I'm still interested in knowing how much because it may be worth finding someone in WA, OR, or ID who will buy it and ship it to me.

I was looking to get $150 for EVERYTHING, all assembled ready to install as one piece: custom fairing, smoked headlight/LED bulbs, smoked signals, & HotBodies Windscreen. I think that is about what I am in it for now, not counting any labor time

Anyway, you said you wanted to go in a different direction. If your plans involve cutting up another fairing, I have a 1-piece upper from eBay and another from Airtech (both shipped in cardboard boxes with packing peanuts). Perhaps we can trade? I have them stored in plastic storage bins with shopping bags full of packing materials (some full of crumpled paper, some full of inflated air bags, some full of packing peanuts) and I could confidently tape up one of these bins and ship it right away! The bags work like sturdy, supporting, balls that fill the inside area so that it doesn't flex under its own weight and crack. Of course, I'd ship first and the container could be re-used for return shipping.

I am going cafe racer / streetfighter combo as stated in my other thread. I am in no need of those plastics now. I know that Airtech stuff is pretty rare though, maybe sell that and recoup some costs if you happen to purchase this?
Replied above in bold

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #13
StephenA
Riding Ruby..

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec, 2007 Ninja 250R

HOLY CRAP it's soo dope!

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #14
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Very cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Woahhhhhhhh Somebody find that guy asking how to make a pregen look cool and send him here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
WOW! More pics! More pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplante View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Now THAT's dirty. Love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenA View Post
HOLY CRAP it's soo dope!
Thanks everyone for the compliments . Some of my friends think I am F'n crazy for wanting to change it up again after it looks like it does now. Part of me says "just leave it alone, just walk away... "

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #15
StephenA
Riding Ruby..

well hey man, you can always pick up a junk pregen(or a running one) for cheap and have two to work on/modify

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #16
StephenA
Riding Ruby..

also, what kind of exhaust is that??

Old April 19th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #17
Retro Ninja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
well hey man, you can always pick up a junk pregen(or a running one) for cheap and have two to work on/modify
My 2nd bike is a 09 Ninja 650R, the wife would kill me if I got a 3rd

Quote:
also, what kind of exhaust is that??
OEM one's cut, gutted, installed perforated tube & glass-packed, welded back up, and painted the ends black with high temp paint. Sounds gooood

Old April 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #18
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the compliments . Some of my friends think I am F'n crazy for wanting to change it up again after it looks like it does now. Part of me says "just leave it alone, just walk away... "
That's what pushes this into "gotta have it!" territory. I could throw it on my 250F bike that has 250J suspension with a custom seat cover and a newgen front fender, paint, and call it a day, but I want to see it taken sooo much farther (Indonesian hugger or Sportisi single-sided swingarm, flush signals, paint job, painted rims, etc).

Old April 20th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #19
a.kozak
ninjette.org member

Name: a.kozak

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

Hey Retro! Not sure if this has sold yet but I'm located in the North West.
I'm right on the border of British Columbia and Washington.
Seattle's a little over an hour away from me.
I can make a day trip down to wherever you are ASAP and pay whatever your asking.
Let me know. Thanks!
a.kozak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #20
relldanits
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rell

Motorcycle(s): 95 ninja 250

heck. I am having a difficult time just finding fairings for my 3rd gen ninja. let alone anything that looks even close to this. I would love to find a replacement for my cracked fairings. I got it second hand and pretty much all of the clip in brackets for the side panels are broken as well as there being cracks in the upper and lower fairings in front.
relldanits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 20th, 2015, 06:29 PM   #21
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

thats a trik mod. Takes some skill to make it look stock
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote