ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old January 24th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #1
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Laziest generation I've seen yet

Last night, I was coming out of the local grocery store and had a kid ask me for spare change. He couldn't have been out of his 20's. He was standing up right and had no problems moving around. He was overweight as well, so it seems he's getting fed somewhere. I just don't understand it. If you are physically capable of work, go get a job. Don't stand around asking for hand outs. I don't really see where kids are getting the idea that it's ok to sit around and ask for money when they're capable of earning it the old fashioned way. I've seen this more than once as well. Other young adults wandering around asking for spare change. Is it bad parenting or is it our tv programming? Parents have the duty to instill in their kids the sense of right and wrong, working hard to live, etc. So if they fail in this, where do the kids go to learn? TV doesn't help at all. The latest shows... rich kids running around having sex. Not one evening show has anything about poor people WORKING to make a decent life for themselves. Nothing that teaches about responsibility for oneself.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #2
onetruevibe
Love Rival

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Just be glad he didn't stick a gun in your face and ask for you wallet.

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Blackwidow
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

so did you give the kid a handout?

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #4
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruevibe View Post
Just be glad he didn't stick a gun in your face and ask for you wallet.
That was the generation before
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
so did you give the kid a handout?
Nope. I'm not in the habit of giving away money that I worked to earn. My wife and I "adopted" a kid in India last year through our church program, so I don't mind charities.

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #6
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

This generation is rather lazy. Most kids think that they don't have time for a job and that hanging out with friends who smoke up and drink all day long is a "fun way to spend their time", and so they feel like that is more important than going out and finding a job. My step brother is a prime example of this, he was raised getting everything he wanted and doing everything he wanted to do (his mother makes a good sum of money). He hasn't gotten a job in the past 6 months or so and feels like he can spend his mothers money to go out with friends, and do whatever he wants, and now his mother makes significantly less money. Spoiled child at it's best...But then again the jokes on them in the long run because if they don't get their act together they will turn into a failure at life and have no one to blame but themselves. I just wanna add that parenting has a great deal to do with this as well, but imo it's the child's own free will that determines their outcome. just my

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #7
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Check this out...

http://www.vidmax.com/video/4722/Can...oney_to_live_/

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #8
Live2ride

bbl, I'm gonna go panhandle for a few weeks and get every mod I want....not. You can't put a price on pride

Old January 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #9
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
If you are physically capable of work, go get a job.
I don't know this specific individual's circumstances other than the brief encounter related here, but I will say that the above comment does have a significant underlying flaw, namely the fact that there are over 12 million less jobs than there are workers wanting to work right now. By some numbers it may be double that. It's like a game of musical chairs: You can tell the odd man out to go sit down, but that's a non-sensical request in light of the fact there aren't any chairs.

When (if) the job market ever gets back to the point where employers have to put as much effort into finding workers as workers are now putting into trying to find employers, then that statement would have some meaning.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Live2ride

I think he was referring more to people not even bothering to try and find a job than people who actually try and just can't seem to find one.

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #11
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
I don't know this specific individual's circumstances other than the brief encounter related here, but I will say that the above comment does have a significant underlying flaw, namely the fact that there are over 12 million less jobs than there are workers wanting to work right now. By some numbers it may be double that. It's like a game of musical chairs: You can tell the odd man out to go sit down, but that's a non-sensical request in light of the fact there aren't any chairs.

When (if) the job market ever gets back to the point where employers have to put as much effort into finding workers as workers are now putting into trying to find employers, then that statement would have some meaning.
Yup, I have been jobless for a few month now. I have applied at so many jobs, and I have only gotten 3 interviews. I even got turned down from the military.. Twice! It's not what it used to be like, thats for sure!

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #12
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
The latest shows... rich kids running around having sex.
Hey, now. Let's leave sex out of this. For the rest, +1.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #13
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

It is hard getting reliable people. I created two jobs a couple of months ago at the soup kitchen I run.

It is true that I really am unable to pay a lot since our not for profit corp. is still very new. (July 2010) I pay $10.00 an hour.

The hardest thing, people tell me is getting people to show up. I took their advice and hired from the pool of volunteers we had. We still rely heavily on volunteers.

By next year, I expect that I will be giving our two employees a raise and be able to hire two more from the volunteer pool. My goal is to have eight good people full time and be able to offer benefits.

So far we have been blessed with good employees and volunteers. Our guests are really poor and are appreciative of what we do for them. They also can be counted on to give a helping hand. I really enjoy having lunch with them and hearing their stories. No boredom here.

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #14
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I have a friend with muscular diostrophy he takes an hour to get dressed to go to work. He could go on disability. And he will eventually. But he has REAL phisical problems and works 40 hours a week doing sales on the phone.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #15
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Eric, Sure seems that the people who could bow out the easiest, work the hardest. One of my employees is mentally challenged. This woman works like a nailer.

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #16
Blackwidow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I have a friend with muscular diostrophy he takes an hour to get dressed to go to work. He could go on disability. And he will eventually. But he has REAL phisical problems and works 40 hours a week doing sales on the phone.
wow, incredible! My brother and my youngest sister have muscular dystrophy also. They both work...because they don't want to leech off the system. They keep saying that eventually they will have to go on disability to survive because they won't have a choice, but for now...even though they are limited to what they can do, they rather do it and not free load.

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #17
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:

You are quoting numbers. No harm in that except it really leaves out the reasons people are out of jobs. Some people are out because they feel they are too good for certain jobs. People hold out for that "right" one when they should or could be taking the next available offer. There are many stories of people with master's degrees driving taxi's or other jobs that they wouldn't be doing otherwise.

If it was impossible to find work because there are no jobs, I'd understand. But there's work out there IF you are willing to swallow your pride and do it. 5 years ago when I lost my job as a SR. Quality Assurance Engineer, I was applying to janitorial jobs and retail positions. It all depends on the person and what they're willing to do to work for a living.

Quote:
wow, incredible! My brother and my youngest sister have muscular dystrophy also. They both work...because they don't want to leech off the system. They keep saying that eventually they will have to go on disability to survive because they won't have a choice, but for now...even though they are limited to what they can do, they rather do it and not free load.
That's awesome. Much respect to your family!

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #18
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Those individuals with true disabilities and whom still work in my opinion are those who have been instilled with true values and strong work ethics. I have the utmost respect for those who choose not to be liabilities, but instead contribute something positive to society and prove themselves to be assets to whatever it is that they do. If I could tell you how many people apply for disability through Social Security and get turned down on a daily basis and some of the ailments they claim, your head would spin. Somewhere along the way, doing a honest days work for a honest days pay has gotten lost. Kids today don't even go outside and play. Most don't even know before they turn teenagers what it means to truly earn a dollar. I truly hope that with the next generation we don't regret facilitating laziness.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #19
Error_mage
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold), 2001 Suzuki SV 650S

I have a hard time agreeing to his being the laziest generation to date, but then again I’m rather biased

And as far as blaming television goes, if you’re relying on television to raise a person/generation... our civilization is doomed. It’s a business with the aim to make money by maximizing the number of viewers and entertainment, not education (be it social or academic), accomplishes that.

Personally, I usually hand over some change, hoping to score some karma points and perhaps motivating them to rely on goodwill just long enough to increase my chances in the job market.

Aside from that, anyone who is willing to work despite disabilities has my respect.

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #20
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

-I was in prison and you didn't visit me I was thirsty...
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #21
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error_mage View Post
And as far as blaming television goes, if you’re relying on television to raise a person/generation... our civilization is doomed. It’s a business with the aim to make money by maximizing the number of viewers and entertainment, not education (be it social or academic), accomplishes that.
Ah, an idealist! How many families do you know of gather around the dinner table every night for supper and chat about world/local events? In an ideal world education from parents and schools would be ideal, but parents are busy and more often than not, the tv is what kids spend the most time with. They either watch tv shows that have no meaning or value or are playing video games.

Anyone remember GI Joe? At the end of every show, there was a moral summary. He-Man and other shows also had these short messages. There's nothing like that now.

Old January 24th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Error_mage
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold), 2001 Suzuki SV 650S

Well, I’ve never considered myself an idealist

I just think it’s surreal to believe an industry will severely cut its profits for the good of humanity, especially if that good is yet to be entirely proven. Though such a day may come somewhere in the future

Didn’t watch GI Joe, but do remember the short messages…looking back they were usually amusing in a way. Too bad they don’t do those anymore…

(@ sixer: can you really lose karma points for 'not' going to prison? =P )

Old January 24th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #23
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Sesame Street? Reading Rainbow?

Old January 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #24
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

I pardon you...lol -
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #25
RhinoJC
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): None yet

I love it when people who know nothing about a situation make assumptions based on even less.

People like you are the reason these people can't get jobs. A young person puts in an application and is immediately assumed to be a slacker, regardless of that person's credentials.

I turned 18 in '01 and between then and the end of '06, I spent more than 3 years out of work. I guarantee it isn't my work ethic or skill level since every professional reference I've had will and has sung praises about me. I've even been hired back to a place that had a very strict no rehire policy, without even having to reapply.

And "Get a job". I have a few choice words for that comment, but I'll bite my tongue. If it was as easy as going to the store and grabbing one, I would gladly "Get a job", but it isn't. What makes it even more difficult for the younger generation is this exact attitude based of worthless assumptions.

Now, lets stop and think for two seconds. How many young people like that don't have a sense of pride or an ego? You really think a young person would humble himself to the point of begging in person if it wasn't their only option? Honestly, that's more for the 30+ "Back in my day" crowd.

I apologize since I know this is a bit harsh, but it hit a nerve. I lost pretty much everything I had, which was a lot for being in my late teens at the time. At 19, I was driving a Cadillac Eldorado ETC and had a down payment on my own house. All of it gone plus about 40K in debt because of this very attitude.
RhinoJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #26
tapdiggy
Humble Observer

Name: Truong

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha XT250

Hey OP, think about the massive generalization you are making. I am 25 years old. I have a full-time job, and am supporting my family. I have no sympathy for people my age who sponge off others or welfare needlessly. I also don't act like I am better than them. I am satisfied showing neither sympathy nor distain for moochers of any age. If this situation ires you so, make some attempt to improve it. If you saw someone drowning, it wouldn't help to lambaste them for drowning.

Point is, maybe that kid had an alternative to bumming change, maybe not. But you definitely have an alternative to forming prejudicial opinions of fellow human beings.

Then again, maybe that young person formed the meritless opinion of you as well, in which case you are even.

P.S., it took me thirty minutes to compose the above post. I had planned on going to bed after checking out this thread, but I decided a response was in order, and I wanted to get the wording right to convey my opinion respectfully. Not bad for the 'laziest generation yet', eh?

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #27
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
You are quoting numbers. No harm in that except it really leaves out the reasons people are out of jobs. Some people are out because they feel they are too good for certain jobs. People hold out for that "right" one when they should or could be taking the next available offer. There are many stories of people with master's degrees driving taxi's or other jobs that they wouldn't be doing otherwise.

If it was impossible to find work because there are no jobs, I'd understand. But there's work out there IF you are willing to swallow your pride and do it. 5 years ago when I lost my job as a SR. Quality Assurance Engineer, I was applying to janitorial jobs and retail positions. It all depends on the person and what they're willing to do to work for a living.
Your assumption that the only reason most people don't have a job is because they're holding out for a better one or some other reason that implies a voluntary choice is flawed. The numbers I referred to are real. The fact of the matter is that the only way for most of the people looking for a job now to actually get a job, of any kind, is if the people already in that job are fired. You can wish there's 12 million more jobs out there that are ready and waiting for someone to swallow their pride and take, but there aren't.

As an anecdote, I have a good friend whose job got offshored by IBM. He's got a masters in mechanical engineering from UT Arlington, an excellent engineering school. He spent two years looking for a job in his field that paid more than $12 an hour but was unsuccessful. After exhausting his savings and accumulating a large amount of debt he ended up in Iraq as a contractor. That gig wraps up here in the next few months. He's been sending resumes out for the last half a year and is getting zero bites. The few rejection letters he's gotten back basically state that he's overqualified for the position he applied for.

Employers are smart, they don't want to hire an overqualified person because that employee will bail at the first better job.

I guess he could go to work picking fruit in a field, but then he'll be competing with illegal aliens making the equivalent of two bucks an hour living 20 to a room in utility-less shacks.

Just as it is impossible for a male to truly understand what it's like to bear a child, it is impossible for someone who hasn't had to search for a job in this economy to truly understand what the current job market is like. Nothing wrong with that per se, just means one must be a little careful about making broad sweeping statements that fly in the face of the facts on the ground.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #28
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Your assumption that the only reason most people don't have a job is because they're holding out for a better one or some other reason that implies a voluntary choice is flawed. The numbers I referred to are real. The fact of the matter is that the only way for most of the people looking for a job now to actually get a job, of any kind, is if the people already in that job are fired. You can wish there's 12 million more jobs out there that are ready and waiting for someone to swallow their pride and take, but there aren't.

As an anecdote, I have a good friend whose job got offshored by IBM. He's got a masters in mechanical engineering from UT Arlington, an excellent engineering school. He spent two years looking for a job in his field that paid more than $12 an hour but was unsuccessful. After exhausting his savings and accumulating a large amount of debt he ended up in Iraq as a contractor. That gig wraps up here in the next few months. He's been sending resumes out for the last half a year and is getting zero bites. The few rejection letters he's gotten back basically state that he's overqualified for the position he applied for.

Employers are smart, they don't want to hire an overqualified person because that employee will bail at the first better job.

I guess he could go to work picking fruit in a field, but then he'll be competing with illegal aliens making the equivalent of two bucks an hour living 20 to a room in utility-less shacks.

Just as it is impossible for a male to truly understand what it's like to bear a child, it is impossible for someone who hasn't had to search for a job in this economy to truly understand what the current job market is like. Nothing wrong with that per se, just means one must be a little careful about making broad sweeping statements that fly in the face of the facts on the ground.
I'm not saying that every person is holding out for better jobs, but there are people who do. Quoting statistical data on how many people are out of work is also flawed. How many people are on welfare who would rather stay on welfare? Those people are counted as well. It's impossible to tell how many actual people are actively searching for jobs.

And to everyone who thinks that there are no jobs to be had, especially in my area, they're wrong. There's always listings for jobs. It depends on your education and what you're willing to do. My little brother just graduated last year with a degree in International Studies and landed a job as IT Support for Broadcom even before his graduation. Finding a job isn't easy, I know that. But there ARE jobs.

You guys who are taking it personally have missed that I've made a generalization. That means that I'm not including every single person in said generation.

Quote:
generalization
noun- generality, abstraction, sweeping statement, loose statement
My little brother is 24 and is quite hard working. You shouldn't take things personally on the net . This forum gets a little quiet from time to time and I like to rile people up

Old January 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #29
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoJC View Post
I love it when people who know nothing about a situation make assumptions based on even less.

People like you are the reason these people can't get jobs. A young person puts in an application and is immediately assumed to be a slacker, regardless of that person's credentials.

I turned 18 in '01 and between then and the end of '06, I spent more than 3 years out of work. I guarantee it isn't my work ethic or skill level since every professional reference I've had will and has sung praises about me. I've even been hired back to a place that had a very strict no rehire policy, without even having to reapply.

And "Get a job". I have a few choice words for that comment, but I'll bite my tongue. If it was as easy as going to the store and grabbing one, I would gladly "Get a job", but it isn't. What makes it even more difficult for the younger generation is this exact attitude based of worthless assumptions.

Now, lets stop and think for two seconds. How many young people like that don't have a sense of pride or an ego? You really think a young person would humble himself to the point of begging in person if it wasn't their only option? Honestly, that's more for the 30+ "Back in my day" crowd.

I apologize since I know this is a bit harsh, but it hit a nerve. I lost pretty much everything I had, which was a lot for being in my late teens at the time. At 19, I was driving a Cadillac Eldorado ETC and had a down payment on my own house. All of it gone plus about 40K in debt because of this very attitude.

So with this I have questions. Why were you "hired" back? Did you quit or get fired? Either way this shows that you either didn't want to do the work and quit without lining up a new job OR you were fired / layed off. If it's the later way you should've filed for unemployment and found a new job.

Three years? Thats just that you couldn't find a job in that period of time.

So your saying at 19 you were driving an expensive car and trying to own a home? It might not have been above your means (but obviously it is since you have 40k worth of debt now) but maybe you should've planned for the future.

I'm also under the assumption you did not attend a college to further your education as it seems you have no reference to it. HS gets you a happy meal job these days or manual labor.

Before you go hating I'm 26 yro.. own my own house, no kids, no wife, own my own car, and have been working since I was 14 and delivering the local news paper.

Old January 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #30
Blackwidow

this is getting amusing!

Old January 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #31
RhinoJC
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvninja View Post
So with this I have questions. Why were you "hired" back? Did you quit or get fired? Either way this shows that you either didn't want to do the work and quit without lining up a new job OR you were fired / layed off. If it's the later way you should've filed for unemployment and found a new job.

Three years? Thats just that you couldn't find a job in that period of time.

So your saying at 19 you were driving an expensive car and trying to own a home? It might not have been above your means (but obviously it is since you have 40k worth of debt now) but maybe you should've planned for the future.

I'm also under the assumption you did not attend a college to further your education as it seems you have no reference to it. HS gets you a happy meal job these days or manual labor.

Before you go hating I'm 26 yro.. own my own house, no kids, no wife, own my own car, and have been working since I was 14 and delivering the local news paper.
More assumptions being made with no evidence to back them up.

I left because I had a family medical situation back home. My dad found himself in the hospital with the only ones back home to take care of his affairs were my two sisters, neither of which were 18 yet. I left the job because I had no way of knowing how long I was going to be gone. It had nothing to do with not wanting to do the work or being fired.

As far as not planning for the future, I had planned for the future, but nobody plans to be out of work for three years. At 19, I was working on establishing my credit and getting out of my parents house. Sometimes you have to stretch yourself a little thin. The company I worked for was bought out and being that my job involved driving a box truck on occasion, the new owners weren't going to shell out the extra money to have me insured on the truck. I also handled large amounts of cash when I was doing account collections, which also required extra insurance because of my age.

I found side jobs here and there over the three years, but nothing legit. I had dropped off so many applications I couldn't remember where I hadn't been. Some jobs I applied to several times, with a grand total of three interviews over those three years. Every time I stopped in for a follow-up to an application I heard the exact same two lines. A) I haven't had a chance to look through all the applications yet, but I'll give you a call. B) We already filled the position, but we'll keep your application on file. During one of my interviews I was specifically told, "Sorry, but we're looking for someone a bit older."

As far as college, you're right, I had no college at the time. I was an electronics field technician for a coin-op business. Most people go to college to get to where I was, and the time I was putting in made college impossible. At the time I was unaware a degree is a requirement to flip burgers, which apparently it is, because I applied, and was never called back.

I'm not hating, I'm just sick of the assumptions made towards the younger generation. I'm 27, married with a 2y/o (was married long before she got pregnant), and am now a full time college student and full time father. My wife is active duty and her job requires a 24/7 availability which keeps me from working, so I'm working on my Bachelors.
RhinoJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #32
onetruevibe
Love Rival

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoJC View Post
I'm 27, married with a 2y/o (was married long before she got pregnant), and am now a full time college student and full time father. My wife is active duty and her job requires a 24/7 availability which keeps me from working, so I'm working on my Bachelors.

Old January 26th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #33
dk58
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 10 Ninja 250R

The generalization made by the title of this thread makes me absolutely sick. As a 20 year old working a full-time job, a part-time job, and also going to school full-time, I am personally offended when older generations completely write off anybody under the age of 30. While most of the assumptions made are true for a percentage, as with any stereotype, there are just as many out there in my position. Am I the only one that thinks the kid in OP's story could be in his position because of the false presumptions that older people have laid on him?
dk58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #34
scotty

before more people get to angry with all thats been said..

You have got to remember that it's just not kids out there being lazy and tring to get something for nothing. There are plenty of older people in this world who do the same things. The world is full of people who just want and take, and are unwilling to work for it them selfs. No matter what the age is.

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #35
Blackwidow

i personally think if someone comes up to me in the street and asked me for a handout i have every right to tell them to go get a f'ing job. getting a buck or two from people here and there is not going to pay your rent, lets get real here people.

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #36
scotty

Quote:
i personally think if someone comes up to me in the street and asked me for a handout i have every right to tell them to go get a f'ing job. getting a buck or two from people here and there is not going to pay your rent, lets get real here people.
Well 2$$ from one person, no. From 100 people, yeah. Didn't you ever see that show they did on a homless guy who made a living on asking for money? He had a nice home, and a new truck. All he did was ask for change, and cleaned windshilds. They foloowed him around for like a week I think!

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #37
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Two unrelenting truths here:

1. There are bums of all ages.
2. Since our species started walking upright, each successive generation believes one that directly follows is the lazy one.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #38
dk58
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 10 Ninja 250R

Perhaps this thread should have been made as a rant against homeless people and their inability or refusal to work, rather than bringing the age group into it. I agree that some homeless (jobless?) people prey on the generosity of the diminishing crowd of kind people, which is why most of us have become desensitized to it. In my opinion, homeless people are higher up in the world than the families who take advantage of welfare programs because they are truly just too lazy to work.
dk58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #39
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

A long time ago, I was walking into a McDonald's and there was a homeless guy standing outside asking for money. I told him no. I went in and bought food with extra to give to the guy. I walked out and offered him free untouched food and he looked like I just spit on him.

I had another homeless guy try to clean my windshield with newspaper just after I washed my car. I was furious. I gave him a dollar just to go away.

It's bad enough we have adults who panhandle, but now we have kids doing it as well? You know how it spreads too. They hang out with their friends and say "I just made $40 yesterday just standing around asking for change." Then it just grows with kids out on the streets panhandling.

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #40
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk58 View Post
Perhaps this thread should have been made as a rant against homeless people and their inability or refusal to work, rather than bringing the age group into it. I agree that some homeless (jobless?) people prey on the generosity of the diminishing crowd of kind people, which is why most of us have become desensitized to it. In my opinion, homeless people are higher up in the world than the families who take advantage of welfare programs because they are truly just too lazy to work.
How do you know they're homeless because they're panhandling?