ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old October 12th, 2019, 01:34 AM   #1
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Product reviews. The good, the ugly, the...indifferent

As I am becoming more frequent here, I have a question, and don't know exactly where to place the items. So far 4 items ordered, some have, or have not made it yet. My question is would you rather have all 4 reviews in 1 post, or all 4 in individual posts?

unfortunately, some info found, happened by fluke, AFTER I ordered. Some of you could be shaking your heads going "Nooooo!..GAU.. ju stoopit eeediot! " At the same time, maybe it's time to open old avenues with new threads, rather than bringing up the dead threads. And also, which section of forum . After all , these products were for the 2008 to 2012 Ninja 250.

Let me know what you think.

1. Fullibars 37 mm clip-on offset riser clipons (Amazon)
2. Speedmetal "reversible" bar end mirrors. (Cycle Gear)
3. Cicmod airfilter. (Amazon)
4. "Ride for Fun" Windscreen . double bubble clone? (Amazon)

And it really does fall into 1.Good, 2.bad, 3.ugly, 4.indifferent. Not exactly in that order though.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2019, 03:48 AM   #2
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

No reason to not revive an old thread if the information is related.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2019, 06:21 AM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I would think that a product review and its detailed information should be easy to search and find, so my vote would be a new thread or threads. The title should clearly state what's being reviewed, for search purposes, so if you can get all four items in the title, one thread could work. If that's difficult or clumsy, then separate threads would be better. My guess is that separate threads would have an advantage.

You have the right section for newgen parts and accessories, I think.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2019, 06:31 AM   #4
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

I also think a separate thread for each is best.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2019, 08:56 AM   #5
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
As I am becoming more frequent here, I have a question, and don't know exactly where to place the items. So far 4 items ordered, some have, or have not made it yet. My question is would you rather have all 4 reviews in 1 post, or all 4 in individual posts?

unfortunately, some info found, happened by fluke, AFTER I ordered. Some of you could be shaking your heads going "Nooooo!..GAU.. ju stoopit eeediot! " At the same time, maybe it's time to open old avenues with new threads, rather than bringing up the dead threads. And also, which section of forum . After all , these products were for the 2008 to 2012 Ninja 250.

Let me know what you think.

1. Fullibars 37 mm clip-on offset riser clipons (Amazon)
2. Speedmetal "reversible" bar end mirrors. (Cycle Gear)
3. Cicmod airfilter. (Amazon)
4. "Ride for Fun" Windscreen . double bubble clone? (Amazon)

And it really does fall into 1.Good, 2.bad, 3.ugly, 4.indifferent. Not exactly in that order though.
1. Any clip on is an improvement over stock
2. I pretty much ride track only, NO mirrors....never cared for bar end mirrors
3. Any after market filter is better than stock
4. Any double bubble windscreen is better than the stocker

JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2019, 09:49 AM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
3. Any after market filter is better than stock
Well.... depends upon what criteria you use to judge "better". K&N got shot down decades ago with data gathered from fleet operations (cabs, trucks, etc.) where it was proven they don't filter as cleanly as OEM filters, causing accelerated wear.

Here's back-to-back dyno-testing of OEM paper filter versus aftermarket filter.
https://www.norton-motorsports.com/2...dyno-shootout/

So aftermarket filters lose on cleaning ability, yet don't provide any improved flow because factory filter is not restriction anyway.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2019, 10:04 PM   #7
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Well.... depends upon what criteria you use to judge "better". K&N got shot down decades ago with data gathered from fleet operations (cabs, trucks, etc.) where it was proven they don't filter as cleanly as OEM filters, causing accelerated wear.

Here's back-to-back dyno-testing of OEM paper filter versus aftermarket filter.
https://www.norton-motorsports.com/2...dyno-shootout/

So aftermarket filters lose on cleaning ability, yet don't provide any improved flow because factory filter is not restriction anyway.
I always go with an after market air filter since it can be cleaned and re oiled each season. Buy it once and done!
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote