ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Iron Butt Rally

The 2009 Iron Butt Rally started on August 22nd, 2009 in Spartanburg, SC. The 1st checkpoint was in St. Charles, IL on Wednesday, August 26th. The 2nd checkpoint was in Santa Ana, CA on Sunday, August 30th. The finish is on Friday, September 4th in Spokane, WA. It sounds tiring just typing it out, I can't imagine riding it.

The daily write-ups have been pretty entertaining already. Many of the folks who have successfully competed in the Cal24 have gone on to bigger and better things in the Iron Butt, and I wish good luck to all of the riders this year! One multi-time Cal24 winner, Jeff Earls, is still in the lead at the end of Leg 2.

Here's a link to a description of the rally itself, and here are the daily reports. The reason I'm posting this up here is that we just learned in the Day 10 write-up that one of the riders is trying to complete the rally on a borrowed Ninja 250! His 30+ year old Suzuki RE-5 with a rotary engine blew up, he borrowed a second bike which also failed, and he's now onto the ninjette. I wish him luck!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote