ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Rose

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250R

Gloves and inner seams

Hi guys, I have 2 pairs of gloves, both of them with inner seams and my poor finger tips are starting to suffer from that, especially my thumbs and index fingers. Can you recommend some good mild to hot weather motorcycle gloves that don't have inner seams?
I checked on various websites but this feature is not always mentioned..
Thank you as always!!
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #2
kkim

have a look at these. If you fit the sizes still available, these are a steal at this price. I have a pair and cannot say enough about their comfort.

http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...le_gloves.html
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
have a look at these. If you fit the sizes still available, these are a steal at this price. I have a pair and cannot say enough about their comfort.

http://www.newenough.com/street/clos...le_gloves.html
They look pretty good and they even have a visor wiper!
My size is there (I have tiny hands..). Only one question, they seem kind of heavy, can I wear them in 80-85 degree weather without sweating?

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #4
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Rosie...... I'm really partial to the RS Taichi gloves (shorties or gauntlet). The women's sizes are one size fits all.... way to small. But the men's are built very slender and very comfortable for a woman's hand. I've got 3 pair (mesh vent), (perforated leather) and (full on leather with wrist protection). I love them all.... the perferated leather handles both spring/summer/fall. Colors and protection pretty darn good for the price. U should go by and give it a try-on.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #5
kkim

unless you wear a vented type glove, any glove you wear in 80-85 degree weather will result in sweaty hands, from my experience. Although they look "bulky", the gloves are made from a nice supple leather and the palms of kangaroo hide, which is thinner than most cowhides while providing the same strength with greater "feel" for the controls as a bonus.

The workmanship is top notch and they provide extra care of the sewing in the fingers to prevent seams which can annoy your hands when riding.

The best thing I can say about these gloves is that once you have them on and are riding, you forget all about them and don't even notice they are on your hands.

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #6
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Rosie...... I'm really partial to the RS Taichi gloves (shorties or gauntlet). The women's sizes are one size fits all.... way to small. But the men's are built very slender and very comfortable for a woman's hand. I've got 3 pair (mesh vent), (perforated leather) and (full on leather with wrist protection). I love them all.... the perferated leather handles both spring/summer/fall. Colors and protection pretty darn good for the price. U should go by and give it a try-on.
I'll check these out as well
No friggin' inner seam, right?? Both my thumbs and my index fingers have calluses on the tips now!

Old October 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
unless you wear a vented type glove, any glove you wear in 80-85 degree weather will result in sweaty hands, from my experience. Although they look "bulky", the gloves are made from a nice supple leather and the palms of kangaroo hide, which is thinner than most cowhides while providing the same strength with greater "feel" for the controls as a bonus.

The workmanship is top notch and they provide extra care of the sewing in the fingers to prevent seams which can annoy your hands when riding.

The best thing I can say about these gloves is that once you have them on and are riding, you forget all about them and don't even notice they are on your hands.
They do look pretty comfy... hmm... I wonder if I should get these for when it gets colder..

Old October 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #8
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
They do look pretty comfy... hmm... I wonder if I should get these for when it gets colder..
to be honest, when I ride in cooler weather (40-50*), I feel these gloves allow my hands to get too cold. I think it has something to do with the thinner kangaroo hide in the palms. think of this glove as a full gauntlet, 3 season glove.

Old October 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #9
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

It is really a good price for the quality... you got me convinced!!

Old October 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #10
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

+1 the steves are great gloves. Everything from held is very comfortable to me and of high quality. They use external seams on the majority of their gloves which makes them very comfortable.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #11
addy126

Rosie ... I had a pair of gloves that really bothered my inner right baby finger. Seam was pressing in it on a spot that made it really uncomfortable.... seam issue. Turned the glove finger inside out and at the spot a simply trimmed some of the seam off without breaching the stitching... took a couple of times to get it cut down just right, put it on and never had a problem again. Heck for a 100.00 pr of gloves it fixed the issue without wasting the glove... yay. Those inner seamed gloves will get u every time.

Old October 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Rosie ... I had a pair of gloves that really bothered my inner right baby finger. Seam was pressing in it on a spot that made it really uncomfortable.... seam issue. Turned the glove finger inside out and at the spot a simply trimmed some of the seam off without breaching the stitching... took a couple of times to get it cut down just right, put it on and never had a problem again. Heck for a 100.00 pr of gloves it fixed the issue without wasting the glove... yay. Those inner seamed gloves will get u every time.
Didn't think of that!! I bought the Steves gloves that Kelly suggested but I'll also look into making the ones I already own a bit more comfortable.. Since my issue is mainly on the thumb, and I have some space left at the tip, maybe I'll try to add some cotton ball material..

Last futzed with by Rosie; October 18th, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Old October 17th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #13
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Trimmed my seams also.

Old October 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #14
addy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
Trimmed my seams also.
If it's just a hotspot or two in the glove, better to trim out the seam and get full use of the glove. Works for me and its as compfy as can be.