ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #41
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Triumph Daytona 675

Oh, well in that case, that could work well for you. The E36 is a pretty solid BMW.
robmilchling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #42
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

BMW's tend to be ok if you are rather mechanically inclined. If you had to go to the dealer to get a brake job, then I'd push you away BIG TIME.

Oh, and I know exactly what you meant about wanting a car you are proud of. I am the same way. I'd like to think I wouldn't be if cost was a big issue, but I know I still would be. Sometimes I hate being a car guy. I am driving my Impala right now because it was cheap, it rides really good, it is a sedan, and surprisingly it looks pretty decent. Oh, and the fact that the V6 has some umph to it helps. I'm going back to Ford after this car though.

I'm checking out the Focus ST.
http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/focusst/

If I get a new car, this will definitely be a contender (also the Subaru WRX and possibly GTI).

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #43
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Name: Kayla

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post

If I get a new car, this will definitely be a contender (also the Subaru WRX and possibly GTI).
I love what they've done with the grill on the Focus. Those Recaro seats look amazing! Plus the sport gauges, Ford looks like they are really steppin' up their game.

*In paradise there ain't no clocks...*
DBentley415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #44
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:

Lame! I will never buy a Ford unless they start selling there only cool car in the US. I hate Ford for keeping this car away from us. Too bad they only made 500 of them and none were sold here. Shame on you Ford.

Ford Focus RS 500

Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #45
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

The RS is a sweet car. I'll admit. Honestly though, 250hp is more than enough for me.

Of course talking about cars and actually pulling the trigger and getting a new one...well those are two different things all together.

I am too frugal to spend 30K on a car. The most expensive ride was a 17K Honda Civic, totally decked out. That was shock for my pocket book. I could easily afford a higher priced car, but why bother? They depreciate so fast. No, if I buy new, it will be to hold onto for years and years. The Focus meets that requirement, as does a subie. The VW? Well, that depends. A TDI may be worth the investment...maybe even a standard golf. Ford just has their A-game on right now, so I'd prolly go there. Subaru has made great stuff for years, so that is also a possibility.

The list I always come back to is:
GTI
Golf
Jetta
Fiesta
Focus
Outback
Impreza
Civic Si
(still leaning towards the hatchbacks)

That is about it right now. I must say, if I did get another Mustang again, it would be this beast:

used...of course.

Old May 18th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #46
DBentley415
ninjette.org member

Name: Kayla

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
I am too frugal to spend 30K on a car. The most expensive ride was a 17K Honda Civic, totally decked out. That was shock for my pocket book. I could easily afford a higher priced car, but why bother? They depreciate so fast. No, if I buy new, it will be to hold onto for years and years. The Focus meets that requirement, as does a subie. The VW? Well, that depends. A TDI may be worth the investment...maybe even a standard golf. Ford just has their A-game on right now, so I'd prolly go there. Subaru has made great stuff for years, so that is also a possibility.

The list I always come back to is:
GTI
Golf
Jetta
Fiesta
Focus
Outback
Impreza
Civic Si
(still leaning towards the hatchbacks)

That is about it right now. I must say, if I did get another Mustang again, it would be this beast:

used...of course.
Buying used is the ONLY way to go. You lose thousands of dollars sometimes just driving the car off the lot. Personally, I would have a hard time even buying a car from a dealer.

Here is my newly purchased 1995 318ti:

I love it It'll probably need some TLC since it is almost at 200,000 miles, but my boyfriend knows a lot about them and the body is in great condition! Still wondering whether I should even drive it in winter....otherwise I'm gunna have to find someway to keep salt from building up on it and ruining it.

*In paradise there ain't no clocks...*
DBentley415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #47
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

@Apex Where is the MazdaSpeed3 on that list?????

Get a used one! I like the older ones over the newer ones.

@DBentley415 Nice buy! I like the E36 BMW's. The 318ti was kinda a girly car to me but since you are a girl I don't see a problem. Haha. It looks like the previous owner took good care of it. I hope it doesn't give you any major problems.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #48
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
@Apex Where is the MazdaSpeed3 on that list?????

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #49
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

The MS3 is a nice ride. I just have a hard time with that front end (newer ones). It isn't a bad looking car to me, it...well...the Focus ST looks a heck of a lot better to me than the MS3. It is a great car and is crazy fast...I just don't know if I really like it or not. Plus, they are crazy hard to find down here for a good price. The cheaper ones are beaten up, and the nicer ones are overpriced. Meh...I will just have to really think about it.