ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 12th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #81
wandyhee
ninjette.org member

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R FI, 2006 ZX10R

it might be lower by 5 to 10 degree C if its raining, but the rest is almost same. the only different is either it's raining everyday or sunny for the whole week. LOL!

Old June 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #82
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

is this helmet made for a more upright riding position?

Old June 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #83
wandyhee
ninjette.org member

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R FI, 2006 ZX10R

yup. for sport bikers, need little head up to get rear view mirror level with the road behind

Old June 12th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #84
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Instructions off the Reevu site.

Quote:
2. For best results, try helmet on outside on a walkway with traffic coming from behind. (Do not step out into traffic).
lol@do not step out into traffic.

Last futzed with by Panda; June 12th, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #85
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
is this helmet made for a more upright riding position?
I would say an aressive up right postion.
I set my side mirrors for a chest on tank tuck otherwise I only need the helmet mirror
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #86
ProdigyRacingLA
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r Red

My younger brother showed me this the other day, makes me wonder why this has not been invented or tested before? maybe its a distraction while operating?
its interesting though, pretty cool.

most of the time we are focused on whats in front of us more than behind us.
I just look over my shoulder, don't trust mirrors too much. ha
ProdigyRacingLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #87
berserk81
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremiah

Motorcycle(s): '06 Kawasaki Ninja 500

HUD Helmets.

http://www.gizmag.com/reevu-hud-head...-helmet/28433/

Came across this article when researching Heads Up Display (or HUD) helmets for motorcyclist. I was wondering if anyone had used this tech in motorcycle helmets and it looks like maybe in a year or two their may be some on the market. Seems like it would be a sound technological step up for motorcycling. That's if they keep it simple? I'm sure that to much can be a bad thing when it comes to your vision going at any speed on a bike. The only thing I do not like about is the having to hook into the bikes ECU, it just means that the tech to hack a car is just one step closer to hacking your bike.

So what do you think, is this technology seem to be a good idea for motorcycling? Do you think it may just be more of a headache than it is actually worth? And what about that this maybe used as the ultimate tool for Big Brother to finally teach the movement of motorcyclist?
berserk81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #88
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I like looking at the helmets with cams/mirrors in them that show you what's behind you... Do I like electronics controlling my vehicles? Curse word No
I don't have one of these helmets that are out, or the fancier ones they are planning... I have ADHD, an plenty enough to keep track of without peeping at folks behind me while in trying to drive forwards, seems like they want you distracted driving with all the fancy things they come out with.

Old October 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #89
IdRatherDrum
ninjette.org member

Name: Chase

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

It seems like a cool idea but I don't see it coming into the market anytime soon. Also, the prices would be very high for that technology.
IdRatherDrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #90
Slyydr
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '04 250R, '76 CB360T

I think it would be awesome to see an overlay of the road ahead of you, especially in low visibility conditions. Adjusting the information flow to current conditions and rider preferences would make it easier to manage your vision in traffic, compared to riding on an open highway. Vehicle manufacturers already use cameras to map the road ahead and assist (Sometimes...) driver responses. Cadillac uses infrared cameras to scan roads at night and display it on the windshield. It's wacky the first time you use it, but I think it would be an excellent addition.

Also, separating the computer systems of your bikes ECU and navigation could help to prevent the so-called hacking, leaving one side to interact with the helmet, and one side isolated to running the bike, utilizing uni-directional data flow to feed engine info to the HUD (RPMs, speed, fuel, etc.)

Of course, distraction is a big issue when implementing these systems. A lot will be left to the rider's discretion, whether or not they can safely utilize such a system. Riders with AD(H)D, like myself, would likely want as minimal a data-stream as possible, just bare minimums.

Either way, I still think that tech like this is definitely in the future for motorists, albeit likely more widespread in cars before helmets. It's still super cool to see technology moving towards integrated and innovative uses like this. I often have radical ideas in my head for making a system like this, and dream of the day when you can touch a piece of glass and interact with a display, even if it's not in my helmet. It just needs some... "Tweaking" for now.
Slyydr is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #91
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I like it. Very cool.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #92
MR2Aaron
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdRatherDrum View Post
It seems like a cool idea but I don't see it coming into the market anytime soon. Also, the prices would be very high for that technology.
Seriously. They can barely make that tech work in a $150M fighter jet. No way it would be affordable in a motorcycle helmet meant for normal people.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #93
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged
/moved to motorcycle gear

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #94
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
I had to have the ReeVu before it was DOT approved and I will be doing the same for a HUD.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote