ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old November 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #1
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250, Kawasaki 650

Alpinestars vs Icon leathers

Do A* run a bit slimmer than Icon leathers? I bought an Icon Overlord size M and it's just barley snug but the arms and shoulders are baggy.My shoulders look weird because it's baggy up there. I'm tall and thin and I'm hoping with going with an A* will run a bit slimmer so my arms and shoulders aren't as baggy?

On that if anyone wants to buy it, pm me before I put it on ebay. Retails for $380 but will let it go lower than retail. I'ts the black stealth one.
2fidyswag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Alpinestars race jackets fit very tight from what I've heard. Most people go one size up to avoid suffocating. It's worth a try. .Shame that the Overlord doesn't fit you. It's a great jacket. I'm also pretty slim and with a chest and back protector, it's a snug fit all around.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #3
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

Yeah I really like it but too bulky in the arms. Im really tiny. I wouldn't mind it but I want my jacket to look nice on me off the bike walking around, not just while riding.

Old November 7th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #4
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Personally, my arms are short in proportion to my chest/shoulders so it's really hard for me to find gear that fits. I tried an Alpine jacket (can't remember which one), and the shoulders fit me perfectly, but the sleeves were a good 5" too long. I ended up getting a Cortech jacket and had the sleeves shortened at a local leather alteration place.

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #5
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

That's good to hear for me at least because I have the opposite problem. I'm skinny but have super long arms. I know gauntlet gloves help with this issue but I need the sleeves long enough so when I'm walking around without my gloves on it doesn't appear to look stupid. The Icon was a medium. I think I'm going to go with a size 50 Euro alpinestars and I hope that will work.

Old November 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Why are you buying from? Why not find a place with a no hassle return/exchange policy so that in case the new jacket doesn't fit you don't have to worry about listing 2 jackets on eBay.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #7
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

I will. I even did that with the Icon, however I took the tags off of it and used it for about a week thinking it will work.only to finally realize it doesn't look right once I'm off the bike. If I'm going to spend close to $400, I want to make sure I'm in love with the jacket for fit and everything.