ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 31st, 2009, 09:09 PM   #1
lockie
ninjette.org sage

Name: don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250R

Separation anxiety

It's been almost a week. I've been on the road visiting my sons and other family members in the Maritimes. Flew out and rented a car and I've put 1000km on it.

But I've missed the 250 back home. I went to a Yamaha shop in Fredericton, the biggest in town, to buy a new helmet and learned they had a demo rides the next day. I signed up immediately and show up bright and early the next day with my new helmet and a leather jacket I bought for $20 at a bargain store.

I ended up putting a few kms on a V-star 950, a T-max (a big scooter) and a bright yellow FZ6R. The FZ was the class of the field. I also learned that I missed going for a ride, even though I put some miles on the rental. I'll be coming out with the 250 on a trailer the first week of July. Should be lots of great riding.
lockie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2009, 09:59 PM   #2
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

I know the feeling

my bike has been on a freighter between cali and Hawaii for the 2 weeks that I have been here. I pick it up tomorrow morning.

nb

Old June 1st, 2009, 04:14 AM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hang in there you will be riding again soon.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2009, 02:44 PM   #4
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

I've started developing a twitch ever since my bike went down in the wind storm Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully she'll be fixed and I'll be riding within the next couple weeks. At least I have the Spyder to hold me over -- it's just not the same though.

Old June 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM   #5
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Woah....Maritimes? You mean maritime academy? Im going to SUNY Maritime academy...do you have a son/daughter there?

Old June 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Rocketman
ninjette.org member

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r special edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavid2002 View Post
Woah....Maritimes? You mean maritime academy? Im going to SUNY Maritime academy...do you have a son/daughter there?
He means the East coast of Canada
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM   #7
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockie View Post
It's been almost a week. I've been on the road visiting my sons and other family members in the Maritimes. Flew out and rented a car and I've put 1000km on it.

But I've missed the 250 back home. I went to a Yamaha shop in Fredericton, the biggest in town, to buy a new helmet and learned they had a demo rides the next day. I signed up immediately and show up bright and early the next day with my new helmet and a leather jacket I bought for $20 at a bargain store.

I ended up putting a few kms on a V-star 950, a T-max (a big scooter) and a bright yellow FZ6R. The FZ was the class of the field. I also learned that I missed going for a ride, even though I put some miles on the rental. I'll be coming out with the 250 on a trailer the first week of July. Should be lots of great riding.
Expand upon the FZ6R otherwise affectionately known as the "Fizzer". I was looking at them @ the International Show in Dallas last Nov. The size was right and the seating ergonomics very comfortable. I loved the yellow color scheme with accented black parts. My one concern was that on the handlebars the "silver fleck paint" was coming off with a rub or two which leads me to believe there are other areas of paint problems. How was the ride for you?
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2009, 05:37 AM   #8
lockie
ninjette.org sage

Name: don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250R

First off the ride was too short... only about 15 minutes over some back roads. I was impressed. I'd just finished a few miles on a Vstar 950 and couldn't contain the big smile on my face as I took off on the FZ6R. The riding position is simular to my Ninja 250. Leaning over the tank but comfortable.

I didn't get a chance to set up the suspension for me (195lbs). Cornering was stable and quick but a bit soft to my taste. It was a group ride with the dealer rep in the lead so it wasn't very fast but nontheless it did handle a couple of twisties so well I was smiling again and wishing I could lean over a bit more.

The ride was firm but not too harsh. I got a sense that I could spend a lot of time on the bike.
lockie is offline   Reply With Quote