ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 27th, 2017, 10:01 PM   #1
box_cup
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): stock 2009 EX250, streetfighter 2001 EX250, parts 1994 EX250

Stock factory NON-Ninja 250 muffler to mate to a Muzzy 2->1 1.75" diameter pipe?

Being much older, wiser, and more considerate, I've been thinking of quieting down my Muzzy system that I installed 10+ years ago. I like the look of the two into one system, and the lighter weight of just one muffler is nice, but the noise is atrocious. I was hoping to find a stock FACTORY exhaust (with 'heavy' noise cancelling baffles rather than fiberglass absorption aftermarket) with a similar 1.75" inlet and replace just the Muzzy muffler and rejet to proper running mixture. However, there are endless mufflers from dozens of manufacturers and I have no idea where to start. I'm thinking a 4-stroke dual sport/MX bike in a similar displacement could fit the bill as they are designed to be light weight and have similar displacement and 2 into 1 exhaust pipes. Also, given that the 08-12 two into one exhaust pipe muffler inlet diameter is smaller than the Muzzy, perhaps displacement of roughly 300-400cc per muffler is an ideal starting point when looking at street bikes to find something that works. Maybe a lower displacement Ducati Monster? Does anyone have a bike they can check against, or a good resource to find out stock muffler diameters? Having riden a whisper quiet '09 250, I'm incredibly envious of how quiet it is and am hoping to get my bike back to around that level without going back to it's completely stock exhaust system. Thanks!
box_cup is offline   Reply With Quote