ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM   #41
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Talked to a local Aprilia/Ducati dealer here about the RS125, apparently in SC all you need is safety equipment on the bike (lights, mirrors) to make it street legal since they do not do emissions checks in my state all you actually need is a vin and a title, and insurance of course depending on the bike. Now the only problem is that being a 125 cc bike they may not register it for highway use. Plus by the time you have spent all that time and money you could have just picked up a 600 and be done with it.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM   #42
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

you could make it street legal here in texas pretty easy. the only hurdle would be getting a motor in there that would support running lights. a little fabrication to stuff it with an enduro dirtbike motor (they all use dirtbike motors anyways) and you're set. its no different than making any dirtbike legal... which differs greatly from state to state.

i gotta say though, i don't think they'd be any fun to ride around the city. they're hard bikes to ride. those 2 stroke motors are highly tuned and have to stay on the pipe, and i doubt they're very comfortable. especially on a bumpy road.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM   #43
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Thats what I was thinking, 4 stroke would be much more fun in stop and go traffic.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM   #44
Broom
Track Junkie

yeah, but those 4 stroke dirtbike motors don't handle the heat extremely well... they'll start boiling over. not to mention the little foam seat and extreme body position you'd be in... sounds miserable to me.

on the other hand, give me an RS chassis with the new crf150r or crf230/250 motor in it and see how long it takes me to stop smiling they're a great track tool.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM   #45
unowned
ninjette.org member

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): NINJA 250R 08

i was reading through the article, the guy briefly mentions that he had a resevoir add-on to the rear shock/suspension...i want my suspension to feel a little bouncier (i'm 5'6 140 lbs at my fattest, weight fluctuates a bit but i'm generally very lean)...i have it set to #1 which is most soft???...ya so, how much does this mod cost. I've ridden a track ninjette before and i want my shocks to feel like that bike...have no clue what was done to that one though.
unowned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM   #46
Broom
Track Junkie

i'm not sure, but i've been real interested in seeing how that shock mod works and how good it comes out. seems like a pretty good alternative to spending a ton of money on a shock.

my fear is that you would end up spending a ton of time and money in "R&D" before you get it all figured out and working well. might be worth it to buy one unless you find someone that knows what they're doing to get the right setup for you.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM   #47
unowned
ninjette.org member

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): NINJA 250R 08

I'm hoping someone on one of these forums can brave the R&D portion of this and turn it into a DIY...i've only started doing some dirty work recently (im a newb at modifying vehicles)
unowned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM   #48
kkim

I emailed http://www.le-suspension.com/ about having the shock modified as per the article, but I never even got a reply from them.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM   #49
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Jim's damn good at what he does and can set up a shock as well as anyone in the business; he's got more than enough AMA National championships won on his work to prove it beyond any doubt. But customer service isn't one of that shop's strong points. If you want the work done, be persistent, call rather than email, and realize that you're not dealing with a huge company. He's not a computer guy.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #50
Broom
Track Junkie

If someone is interested let me know. I know several top notch suspension guys in Texas. Incuding mine who use to do ben spies bikes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Broom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:14 PM   #51
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Jim's damn good at what he does and can set up a shock as well as anyone in the business; he's got more than enough AMA National championships won on his work to prove it beyond any doubt. But customer service isn't one of that shop's strong points. If you want the work done, be persistent, call rather than email, and realize that you're not dealing with a huge company. He's not a computer guy.
Hmm, well since they're only about 20 min away from me, I just may drop by to see about what it would take to do the same suspension mod on my bike.
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote