Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM   #1
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

MSR Cresson on board video

they started a new program with Lone Star Track Days where you do a riders school and an instructor follows you for a session with a GoPro camera so that you can go back to the classroom for review.

the instructor was on a zx6 i think, and had a hard time staying close to me due to the differences in the bikes. this was their trial run of the program (read: free for me ) so they're still working on things. you can see where there are several corners where he couldn't keep up, then he'd zip up on me in the straights. kinda funny.

only thing that sucked is that the session he video taped me was my worst of the day. it was right after lunch and i was having a really hard time concentrating. i was 3 seconds a lap faster in my next session.

things i learned this weekend:
the 250 can lean over way more than i thought it could. i haven't found the limit just yet.
my suspension and tire setup is officially dialed in. i was pushing it fairly hard and pulling times comparable to sv650s (1:37.5) and still had room for more speed in some sections.
i love passing 600s and 650s in the A group

Link to original page on Vimeo.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM   #2
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): Bunch of em

NICE! You look very smooth, with consistent lines. I see you missing the apexes often, though. Your knee should be on those striped curves. Actually, you should be over the curbs, lifting your knee to clear them. The GoPro Wide being used by the instructor really distorts the depth of field, just like your passenger mirror on your car. I don't know why people use those things, they're worthless for motorcycles.

Overall, looking good!

Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:10 PM   #3
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250R

Thoroughly enjoyed the video!

Old March 24th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #4
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBikeRentals View Post
NICE! You look very smooth, with consistent lines. I see you missing the apexes often, though. Your knee should be on those striped curves. Actually, you should be over the curbs, lifting your knee to clear them.
yeah, this was my worst session of the day. it was right after lunch and i was all lethargic from a BBQ Brisket Sandwich. i was blowing my lines all over the place. the rest of the day i had my knee up on the curbing in almost all of the apexes on a consistent basis. i'm actually kinda bummed that i didn't drag my knee over the curb at all in the video... thats one of my favorite parts

as for the gopro wide, i made the same suggestion to them yesterday that they should probably just use the standard lens. it'd be easier to see whats going on that way. i think they thought that the wide would help them get a bigger picture and make it easier to see more of the track and bikes around you. that might work if they stayed up real close to the rider they're following, but as far as i could see they weren't. all in all, LSTD has a good program though. this was just the trial run.

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Beast
Pure Imagination

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

That track looks sublime Jon. I love the sweeping corners. My next track day is definitely going to be Big Willow.

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Very cool video. Thanks for taking us on the ride.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #7
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Pretty sweet concept and nice video. Its nice to hear that a 250 can pass them 600's.

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote