ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #1
DSpinler
Your Lord Funny Bits

Name: Darrell

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Closeout - motorcycle-superstore

Just a heads up, I just got the helmet i've been eyeing for 6 months at http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com for $80. They're dropping 20% off their Closeout stuff if you can remember to type ZAP20 when you process your order...

No, I don't work for them.
No, I'm not being paid to say this.
Yes, I think I got an awesome helmet for cheap.

What I got -

Old February 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

That helmet looks cool. What brand is that.

FWIW, a guy that crashed in one of those flip up lips and the bottom flipped opened when it made contact with the ground exposing his chin/face. And as a result suffered road rash all over his face as he tumbled down the road.

Those are no good...I'm just saying. Oh, it's just heresay. I personally think it looks cool but don't know if I'd want to sacrifice my face for looks.

Old February 9th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #3
DSpinler
Your Lord Funny Bits

Name: Darrell

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250

It's a Bell Revolver.

And yes, almost all flip ups run that risk, and it's a personal question of how safe vs how comfortable do you want to be? I ride with boots, jacket, gloves, and helmet regardless of weather... I figure I'll have a flip face helmet, and thanks for the warning.

Old February 9th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Reason why I won't buy Bell is because long time ago their helmets were ******. I'm talking if you had crashed in one of those the whole helmet fell apart (I'm talking about standard full face helmets).

Suits were filed left & right, and Bell stopped producing motorcycle helmets. Now that they've returned I'm still questioning their quality. The other day I visited Walmart and saw a recall for Bell helmets. Yeah, pretty sure I would not recommend Bell helmets.

Just do a search on Bell helmets and the stories are horrific.

Old February 12th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #5
warlord
ninjette.org guru

Name: war

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ducati Panigale 899

The new Bell helmets are quality. Sure, the company is in the process of restoring their name after having their motorcycle division operated overseas by a different company but all that means to me is that you're going to get more bang for the buck if you willing to give them another chance.

My current helmet is a Bell Vortex with the SOLFX Photochromic Shield and it is awesome. I like it much better than my Scorpion EXO 1000. I would definitely buy another Bell.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #6
razorgamez
ninjette.org member

Name: Neal

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

I recently purchased the black gloss bell revolver and as far as I am concerned, its really good quality. Especially when compared to my old helmet...a bilt(ughhh). Only downside to the revolver is the wind noise.