ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Joule
ninjette.org member

Name: Tej

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R FI

Anyone did a Dyno run for Stock FI ?

I searched forums thoroughly before i decided to ask it.

Everything i find is for Carb ninjettes.

yes i did find a thread where a guy posted dyno test results on his FI versiob of Ninja BUT he did so with modifications done.

I want to know how much bhp(ps) a stock FI version Ninja clocks on a Dyno. (claimed ps is 33)

I am sorry. I understand that carb ninjas shell out around 24 bhp and after modification they peak around 30.5 bhp.
But someone then told me that FI versions already produce more bhp than modified carb versions?

Please someone help me with this XD

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

I haven't seen any personally, but I think you might have some luck checking out websites of the major EU exhaust pipe manufacturers. Most of them should post before and after charts.
The only EU pipebenders I can think of right now are Beowulf and Fuel, but I know there are many more.

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Joule
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
I haven't seen any personally, but I think you might have some luck checking out websites of the major EU exhaust pipe manufacturers. Most of them should post before and after charts.
The only EU pipebenders I can think of right now are Beowulf and Fuel, but I know there are many more.
issue is that it's mostly carb version.

Even if it's FI version, i wouldn't know if they don't mention it.

I feel sleepy now. Spent 5 hours already searching XD .. It's 3:15 am now QQ

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Also, be aware that PS and HP are NOT the same thing.
HP=horsepower
PS stands for Pferdestärke, which is German for "Horse" (Pferde) Power ("stärke").

However, US horses are stronger than German horses, so for the same power, the PS number will be higher.

Using KW helps to avoid confusion.

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Where are the European companies getting carbed bikes, and why would they do that?

Old December 6th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Joule
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Also, be aware that PS and HP are NOT the same thing.
HP=horsepower
PS stands for Pferdestärke, which is German for "Horse" (Pferde) Power ("stärke").

However, US horses are stronger than German horses, so for the same power, the PS number will be higher.

Using KW helps to avoid confusion.
that's 32.54 bhp (33 ps -.- )

yes it's almost the same.

1 ps = 0.98632 hp

Quote:
Where are the European companies getting carbed bikes, and why would they do that?
As far as i know, European versions are FI. But i am unable to find any Dyno charts for stock FI version.

Old December 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The FI model is rated about 1 hp more than the carb version. If the carb version peaks at 24 - 25 hp, on the same dyno a FI bike will be 25-26.

Info is right in the back of the service manual.

post with specs for both FI and carbed models

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #8
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R Fuel Injected Model 2009

Isn't the peak torque of the FI at 8200 rpm and maintained up to peak power, but on the carb bike peak torque comes in about 9500rpm? So you get a fatter spread of power, but not extra power.

The torque is partially due to the dual injectors system Kawi are running on the FI 250, It makes it easier to spread the power and smooth out rider inputs.

However peak power won't be above 33bhp/25kw as then the bike would no longer qualify as legal for beginners so they would have a bike that's too powerful for beginners (legally speaking) and kill the market for themselves.

Old December 8th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #9
Joule
ninjette.org member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdajackal View Post
Isn't the peak torque of the FI at 8200 rpm and maintained up to peak power, but on the carb bike peak torque comes in about 9500rpm? So you get a fatter spread of power, but not extra power.

The torque is partially due to the dual injectors system Kawi are running on the FI 250, It makes it easier to spread the power and smooth out rider inputs.

However peak power won't be above 33bhp/25kw as then the bike would no longer qualify as legal for beginners so they would have a bike that's too powerful for beginners (legally speaking) and kill the market for themselves.

Its what they say.dyno runs show that its just 26bhp
Its india.nothing is illegal.haha

I really want to know mods for FI version.i don't want to replace stock muffler and i want snorkel removed. Is that possible?

Old December 8th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #10
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joule View Post
Its what they say.dyno runs show that its just 26bhp
Its india.nothing is illegal.haha

I really want to know mods for FI version.i don't want to replace stock muffler and i want snorkel removed. Is that possible?
bhp is measured at the crank and so it is 33bhp, 26 is at the wheel after the clutch, gearbox, chain, wheel, etc.

Mods are exhaust, just a muffler removes a cat, a header pipe removes another one. Leo Vince for there exhaust also have a fast fuel module that takes over some of the FI functions. I'm sure it advises what to do with the o2 sensor on the exhaust also.

If you don't want to replace the stock muffler you are not going to get anymore power. emission control I'm sure you could remove (I've not tried) but you are not going to see much benefit at all.

But like i said its 33bhp both markets and wheel horse power is about 26 both markets too. If your trying to take 26 wheel horsepower up to 33 wheel horsepower you need a different engine

Old December 9th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #11
Joule
ninjette.org member

Quote:
bhp is measured at the crank and so it is 33bhp, 26 is at the wheel after the clutch, gearbox, chain, wheel, etc.

Mods are exhaust, just a muffler removes a cat, a header pipe removes another one. Leo Vince for there exhaust also have a fast fuel module that takes over some of the FI functions. I'm sure it advises what to do with the o2 sensor on the exhaust also.

If you don't want to replace the stock muffler you are not going to get anymore power. emission control I'm sure you could remove (I've not tried) but you are not going to see much benefit at all.

But like i said its 33bhp both markets and wheel horse power is about 26 both markets too. If your trying to take 26 wheel horsepower up to 33 wheel horsepower you need a different engine
Wowie! Thank you :-) u helped me understand things much better XD

Now i just want to know what's the procedure to get rid of snorkel?
I saw DIY and i can easily do it myself. But anything else i need to do alongside for FI version? Jiggles 'truffle boy' told me i need to shim carbs along (which doesnt aPply for FI version ofcourse)

In short: i want to get snorkel remove properly without any issues XD

Old December 9th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #12
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joule View Post
Wowie! Thank you :-) u helped me understand things much better XD

Now i just want to know what's the procedure to get rid of snorkel?
I saw DIY and i can easily do it myself. But anything else i need to do alongside for FI version? Jiggles 'truffle boy' told me i need to shim carbs along (which doesnt aPply for FI version ofcourse)

In short: i want to get snorkel remove properly without any issues XD
I've never done it but I imagine if everything else is left alone you don't need to do anything as the FI is watching the o2 sensor so when you have more air/fuel it can adjust the mix accordingly. But like I said no power to be gained from doing that, so I don't see the point? Why do it then?

Old December 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #13
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
I've never done it but I imagine if everything else is left alone you don't need to do anything as the FI is watching the o2 sensor so when you have more air/fuel it can adjust the mix accordingly. But like I said no power to be gained from doing that, so I don't see the point? Why do it then?
I don't think the stock EX-250 fuel injected model has that capability.

The stock EX-250 fuel injection ECU cannot automatically adjust and compensate modifications that affect the airflow through the engine such as removing the airbox and adding an aftermarket pod filter and adding a 2-into-1 free-flowing exhaust.

The stock EX-250 fuel injection is a hard-programmed system that's precisely tuned around the stock airbox and exhaust system.

There are aftermarket FI systems (ECUs) available that can do an auto-retune to accomodate a change to the engine, but it requires a wide-band O2 sensor and a wideband O2 sensor controller and it usually is done through a program running on a laptop computer that's hooked up to the ECU while you drive it. (I use a Bosch LSU4.2 5-wire wide-band O2 sensor, an Innovate Motorsports LC-1 wide-band O2 controller, a Microsquirt ECU and an AspireOne netbook laptop running TunerStudio software to autotune the volumetric efficiency table on my 2005 EX-250 fuel injection project bike).

The stock fuel injected EX-250 uses a narrow-band O2 sensor. A Narrow-band oxygen sensor can only detect when the exhaust gas content crosses over the "stoiciometric" air-to-fuel ratio (which for gasoline is 14.7 to 1).

A wide-band O2 sensor can detect all exhaust gas fuel/air ratios from ridiculously rich to almost nil content.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote