ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old January 14th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #1
linkinpark9812
ninjette.org member

Name: Miles

Motorcycle(s): Black 2012 Ninja 250R

Front/Rear Camera System

So I didn't want to spend money on some DVR system that wouldn't fit on my bike. There are a lot of options out there for front camera dash systems. But I wanted a two camera system, one that can be mounted in the back, and it one unit.

Without using a DVR system, there are limited options. So I picked one that was about $60. It has a 1280X720 (720P) front camera, and a mediocre 720X480 rear camera.

The rear is portable, however the front one was mounted to the screen. Luckily I was able to detach it and move it and it had some slack so I could mount both the screen and camera properly. I don't really need to be able to see the screen while riding, but I do need it to see the flashing LED to confirm recording, so I needed a spot where the LCD was accessible and the camera got a good view of the road.

It isn't the best setup but it works. If I crash on the right side, it is definitely going to bust off, but I think it is good enough that the microSD card would survive for any evidence (which is why I am using it). Luckily with the wide lens, it can see quite a bit to the left side of the bike.

I was thinking about moving it somewhere in the center of the windscreen, but the "bubble bumps" on the lower part of it severely affect the video quality. I need something with a clear line of sight, so I think for now it will stay here, even though it looks tacky IMO. Someone saw it and asked about it and thought it was something great to have and liked it, so I guess it doesn't look too bad.

Screen cap of front picture quality (and an idiot pulling out in front of us):

Screen cap of back (Image is mirrored because if you are looking at the LCD screen, it needs to be. You can flip it in most video player software, such as VLC, to make it look sense to you when watching it on the computer):

Last futzed with by linkinpark9812; January 14th, 2014 at 06:20 PM.
linkinpark9812 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #2
Floki
Motorcycle Nurse?

Name: Jacques

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R, 1998 Ducati 748L #77/100

You're setup is actually pretty nice. I actually wanted to do something similar to this. I just want the rear facing camera because I cannot see jack sheeeeiiitt out of my mirrors. Too many times have I been passed on the interstate by some jackass and wished I would have had more distance between us.
Floki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #3
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

So does that have a DVR function to it or just memory cards?
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #4
linkinpark9812
ninjette.org member

Name: Miles

Motorcycle(s): Black 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
So does that have a DVR function to it or just memory cards?
There is a 32GB microSD card in the unit, removable.
linkinpark9812 is offline   Reply With Quote