ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 6th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #1
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Road America Suzuki Superbike Double Header

I headed out to Road America on Saturday and Sunday. Watched a couple of the races, mostly by turn 5. I'll be honest though, I didn't know who many of the riders were.

The highlight of the weekend for me was Sunday. Ducati America had their trailer there with about 15 bikes available for demo rides. The group ride had 3 employees (1 of them the owner) along from a new Ducati dealer that opened in Pewaukee, WI about 2 months ago.

My dad and I both tried out the Hypermotard 796. This was my first time riding a high performance motorcycle and it was quite enjoyable. We exited Road America from the main gate and headed through to Crystal Lake, taking some great twisties. The ride was about 20 miles long and had a nice variety of roads. The engine had great torque, although it was pretty jumpy when it was below 3,000 RPM. The transmission was very smooth and shifted well. Acclimating to the upright position of a motard took some time, but it was fun.

Only have one picture.

k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #2
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Slick bike! Very unique style.

I actually took my MSF corse there and had a great time. Thinking about doing the experienced rider corse there this summer too.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I watched the races on Speed. Pretty close racing between Hayes and Hayden. P.J. Jacobsen did well (3rd and 4th). Not bad for a 16 year old. This kid is very impressive. Google him and you will be amazed.

Old June 7th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

It was a great race. I wish they had a motorcycle channel. I'd pay extra for it.

Too bad the demo ride didn't take you out on the track! Just have a pace car in front in between races, while everyone on the bikes sit back and ride the track. That would have been really cool.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Looks like you had fun on that Ducati.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #6
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

It was a great experience, although I regret not signing up another time for a more sport-styled bike. The Monster or Streetfighter would have been nice to try out. I would have loved to try the 848, but I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable on it.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote