Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Web Developer / Music Student

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #82
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250 R.I.P.

I'm a professional nerd/geek. I have been doing Cisco networking for the last 5 years. Do mostly phones now though. I have more letters after my name than in it. I've been in the field for over 15 years now, it'll be 16 in march. I don't know what I want to do when I grow up. So this will do until I figure it out. I started with an EE. Then went in the Navy for a couple of weeks until my knee went to pot. I can't believe they let me enlist with 4 previous operations. Thanks to all who have or are serving. My old man was a LRRP attached to 2/8th in 68-69 then moved into working with the "indigenous peoples" on the civil affairs team.
Bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #83
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:
I'd love to get into Ferraris. Something about them fascinates me. Never driven one before though. Also, there's more bearaucracy in working on exotics than the skill required to actually work on the car.
Be careful ,it might make you crazy... all the Ferraris Mechanics we know are just a little bit different ok ,Crazy!

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #84
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

I'm an Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice in the Air Force.. English - Jet engine mechanic on the mighty C-130 Herc. My mortal enemies are the crew chiefs. They're convinced the only reason that plane flies is because its been blessed with their magical fairy like skills, er, mechanical skills I mean, of course.

That's where my screen name comes from as well. Day after BMT I was eating dinner with my husband and dad and he (dad - also USMC/USAF) asked what my AFSC (job) was and I rambled off "something with Aerospace Prop" then he asked for the code. More specifically the letter at the end because that tells what "shred" (type of planes) I would be working on. He was trying to keep from laughing but when I told him the letter "B" he actually started laughing so hard he almost cried. I, at the time, had no idea what my job was until he explained to me I was now considered a Grease Monkey with the worst shred of all - the C-130's/Helos.

I'm actually pretty clean in this picture. (my hands are always stained that color - they're usually a lot darker) I'm sitting on an external tank between two engines. You should see me in my winter coveralls - they swallow me whole. I look like a little orphan running around with dirt all over my face in clothes way too big for me.

*sings* I love working for Uncle Sam.. Just lets me know just who I am..
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #85
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Thank you for serving our country so we can continue to run around on our little 2 wheeled toys. You make the world a better place.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #86
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

You go girl. Thanks for all you do and for serving us. One of my do-overs would be to stay for 20 in the USN but then I may not have had life I have.

Thanks and keep them in the air

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #87
kkim

Greez...
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #88
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Thank you TNNinjaGirl, honestly, I never get tired of hearing that. Now if only my NCOs would see how special I really am..

And Oldguy - I'm still up in the air about staying in or not. My husband is in the Army and working towards his commission. We never see each other as is - he's deployed at the moment 15 months - and if I stay in we'll pretty much be seeing each other only on the weekends if we're lucky since we're stationed so far apart. Just have to see how life goes.

Old January 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #89
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

I hear you. My next duty assignment was to go from FBM's to a Fast Attack out of Pearl. Hmm cost of living for the family and they would see me how often

Old January 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #90
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

This is from 2004, but you get the idea.

Great job, but it has its scary moments. I'm currently on leave from a shooting I was involved in on Wednesday morning. Wasn't sure if I was coming home that night!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009...e-fleeing-sus/

Last futzed with by Cochese; January 10th, 2009 at 01:54 AM.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #91
DopplerShift
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Doppler

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 ZX6R

cop! everybody run!

Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
This is from 2004, but you get the idea.

Great job, but it has its scary moments. I'm currently on leave from a shooting I was involved in on Wednesday morning. Wasn't sure if I was coming home that night!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009...e-fleeing-sus/

DopplerShift is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #92
kkim

Cochese,

Read your edit... stay safe man, it will all turn out for the best. My thanks to you and others in your line of work for the danger you put yourselves in to protect the general public from the scum of the earth.

mahalo, brah!! ...and heal quickly.

Old January 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #93
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

I'm a Computer Numerical Control Programmer. Basically, I program the machine that makes gears and shafts to make things GO! I also have several other machine skills ...
I make a lot of my own replacement parts for my car and motorcycle as well. It's a handy skill, even if textiles are dying out here in NC.
I am really thinking of going back to school to learn (are you ready for this...) Cooking. I would love to be a Chef
(I do 99% of the cooking at home as it is, and my wife delights in it)

Cochese , your a braver man than me ... Glad to hear your doing OK
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #94
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopplerShift View Post
cop! everybody run!

Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Cochese,

Read your edit... stay safe man, it will all turn out for the best. My thanks to you and others in your line of work for the danger you put yourselves in to protect the general public from the scum of the earth.

mahalo, brah!! ...and heal quickly.
Thank you sir. It's a great job. Mostly just boring reports and paperwork surrounded by seconds of hair-raising ****!

I appreciate the well wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Cochese , your a braver man than me ... Glad to hear your doing OK
I don't know about bravery being such a factor. Once you get into this line of work, that type of stuff doesn't equate to bravery as much as duty.

I think of it as all part of the job because it really is. It's fun. Pays okay and I get money to shoot people and drive fast! (Just kidding... my partner was the one that fired not me, since I was in the middle of a fist fight with the other guy)

The driving part was true that night though!

Old January 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #95
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Cochese,

Kiss the wife and give her a big hug! You da man!

Stay Safe!!
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #96
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
Cochese,

Kiss the wife and give her a big hug! You da man!

Stay Safe!!
Thanks Sam!

Will do.

Old January 11th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #97
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
(I do 99% of the cooking at home as it is, and my wife delights in it)
My husband used to cook all the time before he was deployed. So much I was spoiled and now that he's not here its been frozen dinners and stuff that comes in cans.

Cooking is a skill I wish I had, lol. Good luck going back to school to be a Chef.

Old January 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #98
cwb48
Mature motorcyclist

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, blue

Quote:
I'm an Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice in the Air Force.. English - Jet engine mechanic on the mighty C-130 Herc.
Ahh, the good old C-130 Hercules. As a Vietnam vet ('69-'70) I flew in many of these birds, and they were pretty aged even then! I guess that's why they're considered "the worst shred of all".

I love that "Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice" title. In the Army, I was an 81C20 (Cartographic draftsman- the Army used to call it an MOS), at least until I got to the RVN. After that I seemed to be capable of doing almost anything.

Chris
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #99
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb48 View Post
Ahh, the good old C-130 Hercules. As a Vietnam vet ('69-'70) I flew in many of these birds, and they were pretty aged even then! I guess that's why they're considered "the worst shred of all".

I love that "Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice" title. In the Army, I was an 81C20 (Cartographic draftsman- the Army used to call it an MOS), at least until I got to the RVN. After that I seemed to be capable of doing almost anything.

Chris
Oh trust me, those C-130s you flew on are probably still flying today. It’s the plane that refuses to die, along with the Buff (B-52). The only plane that has us beat in age (as far as I know) that's still flying and it’s only by 3 or so years. For some reason they still haven't been able to design another plane that can beat what they do now. So why fix something that's not broke - I suppose is how they look at it. Actually, the very first operational C-130 is at Dyess on display. It’s the original 3 bladed prop design. Old, old plane. And to keep rambling, I actually have a tattoo of a Vietnam era pin-up girl with a C-130 prop (don't laugh!). I've met quite a few Vietnam Vets and I have the upmost respect for what y'all did (no matter what your MOS) and went through. You guys make me proud to keep serving in the military after you.

Army/Marines still use MOS codes, not sure about the Navy, but you know us Air Force, we just have to be "special" and do things different.

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #100
ladyninja08
ninjette.org member

Name: Christine

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black ninja 250r

UPS driver
ladyninja08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #101
kkim

Oooo... Mrs. Brown!!

Old January 11th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #102
ladyninja08
ninjette.org member

Name: Christine

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Oooo... Mrs. Brown!!
Yep! Thats me!
ladyninja08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #103
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

I'm a civil draftsmen / survey technician. I have an associates degree in mechanical drafting and I'm ready to retire (keep in mind I’m going to be 24 in April ). I would also like to say thanks to kkim for hooking me up with this great group of people. Be safe!

Chris
c_anglada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #104
kkim

You're welcome, Chris.

When you get the chance, do a brief intro thread in the "new members" section... everyone likes to meet new forum members.

Old January 12th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #105
muffinman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Arthur

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), '05 ZX6R / 636

What's up guys... lots of grizzled vets here; I feel like a noob, both on the forums and in real life compared to y'all

I'm a college student a quarter away from graduating with an Accounting degree. My parents cover my bills so whatever I make is disposable. While most of my $$ goes to my car, clothes and I've been investing whatever is left over.

I worked PT like most college kids do and have had summer internships at Costco Corporation (HQ) and at a large international business consulting firm. My last job at this consulting firm paid extremely well so I'm still living fat off of that

If everything goes well, I'll be going to law school this fall.. should keep me busy and broke for the next 3 years.
muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #106
travis5018
ninjette.org member

Name: Travis

Im a student at FSU in Florida, homes in Orlando, FL, and I serve on the weekends to attempt to raise enough to buy things for my ninja while still being able to eat

And my major is Actuarial Science, +1 to whoever knows what that is, but judging by the number of smart-pants people I just read about it shouldn't be hard
travis5018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #107
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

Haha, welcome to muffinman and travis5018! As an engineering student, it is my obligation to say something about you ONLY being number crunchers, lol! sorry, but I had to. Welcome to the rank of ninja riding students!!! Soon, we will graduate and have money for food AND toys!!!

Travis

Old January 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #108
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis5018 View Post
Im a student at FSU in Florida, homes in Orlando, FL, and I serve on the weekends to attempt to raise enough to buy things for my ninja while still being able to eat

And my major is Actuarial Science, +1 to whoever knows what that is, but judging by the number of smart-pants people I just read about it shouldn't be hard
So what's the worst/weirdest statistical probability you have had to do?

Old January 13th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #109
sprale
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Name: Levon

Motorcycle(s): K5 V-Strom

My SO was hit by a bicyclist while riding a scooter, wonder what the odds of that are?
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #110
kazam58
Sarcasm: Yea that'll work

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

^lol. My best friend once hit a stopped car on his (pedal) bike. There was a row of hedges blocking the view to the incoming street. The car stopped in front of him and he hardly had any brakes. Over the hood he went. Nothing happened to him or the bike, but he bent the license plate of the car somehow. Best part: a police officer just happened to be driving by and saw the whole thing, so he had to fill out an accident form.
kazam58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #111
travis5018
ninjette.org member

Hey hey now gimme a break I've only passed Intro to Financial Accounting Im workin on managing the firm now.....

Id say I'll be a true number cruncher in about 2-3 years, if I do pass Pre-cal this Semester

Old January 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #112
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Hey hey now gimme a break I've only passed Intro to Financial Accounting Im workin on managing the firm now.....

Id say I'll be a true number cruncher in about 2-3 years, if I do pass Pre-cal this Semester
Funny you should say that. My wife has an MBA in accounting. That was a long 5 years. She started college in HS and did a combined BS/MA curriculum. Me I just have a lowly EE degree from the stone ages in electronics years.

Old January 15th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #113
ROCKNROLLA
<(^^,)>

Name: Vinny

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R (08)

I'm just starting school (1 year) to gain my University entrance
Considering a double degree in Law and Psychology
Previous jobs were laboring, retail and now unemployed but will be going back to retail

Laboring = Keeps you fit but your always dirty/tired .. pay is good though!
Retail = Good pay, fairly easy work and you can socialize a fair bit more
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #114
travis5018
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKNROLLA View Post
Retail = Good pay, fairly easy work and you can socialize a fair bit more
Idk what kinda of good paying retail you were involved in, but LET ME KNOW!!!!

Old January 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #115
ROCKNROLLA
<(^^,)>

Quote:
Idk what kinda of good paying retail you were involved in, but LET ME KNOW!!!!
As overpriced as Australia is compared to the states our wages are a fair bit better I'm 20 so as a laborer I'd probably be on ~$20 an hour + in most places or even factory work (I've seen factory work go up to $35 an hour on weekends/public holidays) and retail would most likely be $15 an hour (not the best but I need a social job, gave factory work a go but everyone was so old and depressed it made me dread going to work)

I've heard at places like Walmart your on ~$6 an hour as an adult? Thats insane! Then again the minimum rent price in my city is close to $300 per week too

Old January 15th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #116
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Your rent there isn't that off if you go by month here... $1200 a month is pretty cheap to CA standards.

It depends on the state here as every state has a different cost of living and thus a different Minimum wage. I think its like $6.75 in CA.. or was when I was in Operations a few years ago. Here in MD I think it is like $6.15... And rent here abouts is like $900 for the same kind of place out in CA... Though it is going up.

P.S. As a side note after my first job at a grocery store making $6.50 an hour I vowed to do better and have since never been below $10... Currently I am making about $14.50

Old January 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #117
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Chris

I am noticing a lot of members are named Chris, is that my imagination? Right now my occupation is finding a job. I am now on terminal leave from the Army and will be a retiree on 1 Apr. Job market not so good in HI. Mostly it is sales, (sale what? everybody unemployed.haha) Medical (you sick here take a pill, NEXT!) and IT/computers/networking. I have 1 class left for my MAS from Embry-Riddle, then I will go back to school (on my GI Bill) and get something in computers/IT/networking that I can use.

Later
ninjabrewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #118
kkim

Yep, job market sucks right now in Hawaii. Excellent move going back to school to learn a new trade while the economy (hopefully) recovers.

Old January 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #119
ROCKNROLLA
<(^^,)>

I started working at 14, made $8.50 an hour or so but would only work sundays so I'd get time and a half ($12.25 or so an hour)

Old January 16th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #120
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Nice!