Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old January 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #121
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
I have 1 class left for my MAS from Embry-Riddle, then I will go back to school (on my GI Bill) and get something in computers/IT/networking that I can use.
I'm actually trying to get enrolled in Embry-Riddle myself. Not sure if I want to go that route or just go to one of the colleges here in town. The college guy here on base just gave me a headache and had me leaving his office scratching my head with no idea where to start..
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM   #122
ARc
Revolver Wario

Name: Jeffrey

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250

Logo Dude
Junior here at USC. I have a couple of free days during the week, so looking for a part time job to support my newfound hobby. Anyone have any experience selling motorcycles part time? >

Old January 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM   #123
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I'm a stock boy at Victoria's Secret. I don't think anything is a secret anymore. I do part time surveillance installing cameras in the fitting rooms and monitoring theft. The pay sucks but the benefits make it worth it.
CC Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #124
kkim

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #125
ARF07
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6

While I'm at it..I'm an RA at a private University in Tennessee. It pays 20 hours a week salary and all I do is sit in my room but I'm a Psychology undergrad and I play on going to grad school to be a LPC in a couple years.
ARF07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #126
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARc View Post
Junior here at USC. I have a couple of free days during the week, so looking for a part time job to support my newfound hobby. Anyone have any experience selling motorcycles part time? >
Yes years ago and it is not easy selling to the squids. But the real enthusiasts were cool. Older Harley guys were the best they would just grab the manual or micro fiche' and point to what they needed or knew the part # in their head ...oh did I mention micro fiche' some of you might not know what that is. but it is very advanced and most have never seen it...

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #127
kkim

I used to buy a microfiche for every bike I owned so I could call in my order to the dealers on the mainland to order parts. I would to get their phone numbers out of ads in the back of the motorcycle magazines that I used to subscribe to. Fortunately we had/have a fiche reader here at work.

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #128
zartan

I was trying to cover up that I am as old as that mimeograph machine our teachers used. Ohh those pages smelled so good!, oh and so very good for you.

google "The output of the ditto machine had a special aroma. Students could tell when a class assignment was hot out of the machine by the strength of the odor of the pages. The smell came from the ditto machine’s duplicating fluid, a mix of methanol and isopropanol."

ARF 07 What is a RA??

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #129
kkim

pshhh... that's not old... When I was in school, to copy pictures, they used to make a master on a flat gelatin like substance and press each page onto the master by hand to get the picture to be reproduced onto the blank sheet of paper in purple outlines. Copies of typed documents??? carbon paper.

lol.. this is great stuff!

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #130
jpnfrk
Her name is Itoshii

Name: Nani

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
pshhh... that's not old... When I was in school, to copy pictures, they used to make a master on a flat gelatin like substance and press each page onto the master by hand to get the picture to be reproduced onto the blank sheet of paper in purple outlines. Copies of typed documents??? carbon paper.

wow... are you serious? HA!

I work on customer service for 401k plans. With the way the market is now you can imagine all the I get all day long. So many people get into it without understanding what they're doing and then they say "You people stole my money!" sure, sure, and I brought a Ninja 250 with it!!

Old March 17th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #131
Visus
ninjette.org member

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

I am a freelance graphic designer / web designer.
Visus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #132
zartan

Nani I am a Realtor. You KNOW I stole all the money ! ( and bought a ninja with it) I called my financial guy the other day to check on him and asked if he needed me to talk him off a ledge. He was ok !!

You have a hard job.

Old March 18th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #133
ARF07
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
Nani I am a Realtor. You KNOW I stole all the money ! ( and bought a ninja with it) I called my financial guy the other day to check on him and asked if he needed me to talk him off a ledge. He was ok !!

You have a hard job.
LOL!!...Zartan, RA stands for Resident Assistant.. I make sure all the other students on my hall are behaving and in by curfew
ARF07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2009, 07:19 AM   #134
Realirony
That New Kid

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja250R

just to throw my 2cent in. I'm in between semester at school. I'm a junior at East Carolina University (majoring in human biological sciences) I took a year off to do some soul-searching and travel. I went to Colombia, south america and stayed for 3 months to see another part of the world. At the moment I work at Nationwide Insurance (in a service center that servies from texas to the east coast) and that provides me the health benefits i need in case of sickness and money for my hobbies. I'll be going back to school this fall and finishing out my last year, hopefully getting a job in the near future in the med field.

btw, RA's are cool, my RA was the coolest guy I ever met. Lived next door to me so I would pester him all night making him think we were drinking underage, and destroying the place (which we never were doing...) heh, I think he hates me cause he wont say hey to me on campus. XD

Old March 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #135
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

Oh gawd, I remember all of that, , brings back some, aaahhh, memories.

nb

Old March 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #136
talldrink
ninjette.org guru

Name: Deb

Motorcycle(s): '09 ninja 250 (blue)

Civil engineer

Old March 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #137
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Hello ya'll!

I am currently 18 and attend Cal State Long Beach. I worked as a barista at a boba shop, backstock for Holister, and Maki Yaki (at the same time, and therefore only lasted a couple of months) Currently unemployed, applying to be a freshman advisor at my school.

I am majoring on Poly Sci thinking about either int. politics or law (which seems very daunting!) Any help from someone about this? I really do not know what to do. One day I would like to be a school board member and hopefully work my way up to being a Senator

I really enjoy my 20 min ride to school even though it is all straight-a-ways the nice so. cali breeze during the day is very relaxing (except for the ridiculous Long Beach drivers that always makes me hesitate passing every single car--which may be a good habit to form)

Hopefully I can get some networking from this
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #138
Beast
Pure Imagination

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

Why not?

Fulltime, I'm an Art Director in motion graphics >> http://www.buck.tv We design and direct high-end commericials, end tags, animated shorts, etc.

I'm also a freelance illustrator and do stuff like Target giftcards, advertising illustration, product development for Hasbro and Lucas Licensing, etc

Old March 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #139
Visus
ninjette.org member

Name: Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Why not?

Fulltime, I'm an Art Director in motion graphics >> http://www.buck.tv We design and direct high-end commericials, end tags, animated shorts, etc.

I'm also a freelance illustrator and do stuff like Target giftcards, advertising illustration, product development for Hasbro and Lucas Licensing, etc
Love your guys' work! I wish there was a motion graphics industry here in Hawaii as I've always had an interest in the field.
Visus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #140
rookie
ninjette.org member

Name: chuck

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250 2007 ZX6R

I work at a assembly plant in Toledo Ohio, we assemble the chassis for the Jeep Wrangler sexy job for sure!!!!
rookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2009, 03:12 PM   #141
Beast
Pure Imagination

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visus View Post
Love your guys' work! I wish there was a motion graphics industry here in Hawaii as I've always had an interest in the field.
Thanks Todd! I'm surprised there are no studios over there (even smaller ones). Lotsa people from Hawaii on this board

Old March 19th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #142
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I work full-time as an electronics technician. I am doing that while attending college. I'm surprised that I have the time I have to ride. Lucky for me, I only have 5 classes left and I am done! What a way to celebrate my 30th.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #143
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Plant Engineer for Boral Industries
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM   #144
birdy
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): 09 Green Ninja 250R

Worked as a police officer in the 70's, had enough close calls, I didn't want my family living on a life insurance policy. Went back to school and now work in neuroradiology doing aneurysm repairs at the universitty hospital here fro the last 20 yrs.
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2009, 02:28 PM   #145
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy View Post
Went back to school and now work in neuroradiology doing aneurysm repairs at the universitty hospital here fro the last 20 yrs.
trained in interventional as well. it wasn't for me. also, wasn't too crazy about the fluoroscopic radiation exposure i was getting. i give you credit though. that can be a stressful job.

btw, are you a technologist or a radiologist?

Last futzed with by Sound Wave; March 21st, 2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: revising
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:21 PM   #146
birdy
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): 09 Green Ninja 250R

I'm a tech RTR,CV. I trained in interventional radiology, but didn't care for it either. Too many sickiesWe are strictly interventional neuro. We have a large neurosurgery dept here and get patients from all over the world. Keeps us pretty busy. It was a beautiful weekend to ride here, but was on call and at the hospital for 20 hrs this weekend
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2009, 05:39 PM   #147
Gbug
ninjette.org member

Name: Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabunny View Post
I'm a middle school teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and also teach math and science.

I'm impressed by what an accomplished group you all are.
Hey Liz that's awesome. I wear hearing aids, so I realize how tough of a job you have.

As for myself, I'm at Baylor University double majoring in Finance and Entrepreneurship. Only three more semesters to go! I saved up for my Ninja by starting a lawn business in high school, and also interned as a financial analyst last summer.
Gbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2009, 06:38 PM   #148
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250R

I feel like a total slacker compared to all you guys.
I was in the Army as a Abrahams Tank Crewmen, but ended up as a translator/driver in Korea(was born there).
Got out back in 2006 and I just re-enlisted to Army Reserves as a Medic(68W). Just waiting for them to send me to Training for that. I plan to go back to school for Registered Nurse when I come back, but until then I guess you can call me a bum.

Oh, and this isn't a habit. This is my life. I don't have a car and my Ninja is my ride.
Have you ever carried a tire in the back of your Ninja? You get strange looks at a stop light.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:33 PM   #149
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Hehehe.... Carhop at Sonic. Hooray for minimum wage going up! So hard to fund biking with my tastes on $400 or so a month!
Verus Cidere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:38 PM   #150
zartan

you get to skate and get paid????

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:46 PM   #151
Verus Cidere

Yup. That's part of the reason I went with it. That, and the fact that fast food is pretty much all a 16 yr old with no experience can get jobwise. I'm doing pretty well as far as teens though. 1 year and 4 months! But, like I said, hard to pay for stuff like I want with that little money.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:49 PM   #152
zartan

hmmm... get paid to skate and cheap food and in the sunshine.. I am starting to hate you not really... sounds like a great job for now. It wouldn't pay my mortgage but that would be fun for a while for sure.

Old March 24th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #153
Verus Cidere

It's fun yeah. I can't ask for much more right now. I'm hoping that staying there until college will get me a good reputation for prospective employers in the future. It's my first job, so the whole "I'll stay with you for a long time" thing is present. I've heard that helps in applications.

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #154
py2e
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 BLACK Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I'm a Systems Engineer at ITT in the Electronics Warfare division. We design Radar Warning Receivers and Radar Jammers for military aircrafts.

...and no we can't install the jammers on our bikes.

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #155
py2e
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 BLACK Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimesido View Post
I feel like a total slacker compared to all you guys.
I was in the Army as a Abrahams Tank Crewmen, but ended up as a translator/driver in Korea(was born there).
Got out back in 2006 and I just re-enlisted to Army Reserves as a Medic(68W). Just waiting for them to send me to Training for that. I plan to go back to school for Registered Nurse when I come back, but until then I guess you can call me a bum.

Oh, and this isn't a habit. This is my life. I don't have a car and my Ninja is my ride.
Have you ever carried a tire in the back of your Ninja? You get strange looks at a stop light.

Dude, it looks like you just stole a tire swing from the playground.

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #156
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2e View Post
I'm a Systems Engineer at ITT in the Electronics Warfare division. We design Radar Warning Receivers and Radar Jammers for military aircrafts.

...and no we can't install the jammers on our bikes.
You have the knowledge.
Just have to apply that knowledge.
Of course, for testing purposes only.

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #157
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by py2e View Post
Dude, it looks like you just stole a tire swing from the playground.
Hahaha. Maybe I did.

Old March 25th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #158
sm0kediver
one disaster at a time

Name: Jody

Motorcycle(s): EX250J9

I've been a professional firefighter for the past 21 years
sm0kediver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #159
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0kediver View Post
I've been a professional firefighter for the past 21 years
Smokediver, you're another example of the many amazing people that protect different parts of our country. You, other firefighters, police officers, and the military command amazing respect in my book. Thanks for what you do.

Old April 16th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #160
kkim