Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Good riding with you Chris!
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2016, 08:00 AM   #83
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwDang View Post
Good riding with you Chris!
It was such a great time, riding and chatting with you and your son. What a great weekend!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2016, 09:03 AM   #84
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Couple of pics to hold you over for the update

Even though Jeff on the left hurt his wrist, we all left with a smile

The crew minus some riders that couldn't make the photo

Yea... that is frost

Awesome time once again!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 9th, 2016, 04:58 PM   #85
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

@Foxrider64 - Dood..... always awesome to drag some knee with you and Vin Diesel (lol, Kevin told me about that on the way home at 3AM to keep me awake with a laugh). The mock race was super fun and killer to see ya pass me to force me to put some real faith in those tires of mine. Nice to see so many other 250's out there too.

Thanks for the good times, beer and hope you had a safe trip home, next time won't come soon enough.

Old February 9th, 2016, 05:10 PM   #86
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
glad you had fun. I will make it there one of these years..

Old February 9th, 2016, 05:32 PM   #87
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

From this last trip I now know what my rig lacks. 2 thangs.... 1, a fire pit for knockin' off the midnight chill and 2, a 1986 boombox for the tunes (cardboard optional i guess lol), straight vintage with cassette with some old school run dmc turned up till 2am.

Alex, you missed one of my crew about catch his crotch on fire (upper inner thigh on fire) with the gas and fire pit. hahahahahahah I wish I was running video about that time.

Old February 9th, 2016, 06:06 PM   #88
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Looks like a good time, I'll make it out there next time. I wish I hadn't missed it this year but my budget is taxed as it is with the upcoming season

I heard zach (#604 on an R6) blew a tire in T7 on sunday, did you see how he was after?

Old February 9th, 2016, 06:19 PM   #89
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Looks like a good time, I'll make it out there next time. I wish I hadn't missed it this year but my budget is taxed as it is with the upcoming season

I heard zach (#604 on an R6) blew a tire in T7 on sunday, did you see how he was after?
He has video up on youtbue already. Looked like a wild ride, but he was up and walkimg around.

Old February 9th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #90
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Yeah, I saw that and it didn't look pleasant

He's pretty tough and fast, I see him making it to motoamerica someday if he figures out how to stay on two wheels

Old February 9th, 2016, 07:12 PM   #91
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Yea, I was there. He was good, right nasty crash though... parts all over the track. That was one of two crashes that had the bikes exploded in the middle of the track.

Old February 11th, 2016, 09:31 AM   #92
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Fri – Travel day

Pretty easy day that started at 5:45am and didn’t end until 677miles & 12h later. The trip was mainly uneventful and we easily made gate time by an hour. Made 3 gas stops and the dog left a chocolate pickle in southern GA at a gas station with a giant missile and 3 stray cats living behind the dumpster in the parking lot. Beware the very easily aggravated old lady in a minivan that isn’t used to KY folks getting their trailers close to other cars. Lol

8:45pm and for the 3rd year in a row that we try and FAIL to get the lady working the gate to smile when we arrive. In 5 mins, she shoots everything I got down without even flinching. Oh well… I will try again next year. :\ lol

We unload the bikes, pop open a few brews sit for a bit and then get some ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzs……

Dog status
He was glad to get out of the truck and run
Holes dug: 0

Saturday – Let’s ride novice
My first track day of the year and what group do I ride? Yep… N. I had to explain that to at least 20 riders it felt like. It’s fun for me, it’s safe for me to get a slower and ease up the pace throughout the day. Jennings is interesting when it comes to their groups. You can go as fast as you want in N, AS LONG AS your safe about it. Since I play nice with others it works well for me to ramp up the pace slowly throughout the day to something near A pace even when riding N. It was a good day for me as well as Kevin who does the exact same thing. It also helped save my shagged tires, which had 25/26 days on them. I aint talking about my 250 here, I am referring to the rear tire on my r6.

Actually, it's more like...

My pit neighbor Nick (made a new friend), was on his 4th track day. He ended up crashing in turn 8 but with the help of all the AFJ crew his bike was fixed back up and he finished his day. After chatting more with him while fixing his bike, out of the 4 track days only 2 of them had been finished due to “issues”. I hope this day was better than the others.

Foxrider64 and his partner in crime rode in the I group, so we didn’t get the chance to mix it up at all.

Dog status
He was cold
Holes dug: 2

Sunday – Cruise control
After registration and a coffee + 800mg ibuprofen to kill the pain of a toothache I am finally able to ride after missing 1.5 sessions. Upon reentering the paddock, I look down and see my r6’s temp is 220 and the check engine light is on. So begins missing the next session to check for air in the system and get the 250 teched and ready to ride. It was very slow to wake up after not running since November. I end up riding the 250 for the next 3 sessions, just trying to get a feel for the tires (evo’s) that are on my bike. I really, really, really HATE them. Too much tire feedback from me and they move around too much. I guess that works for some riders but not me. After a few chats with Alex and another 250 riders we all are looking forward to a good mock race all lined up in the back of the grid.

Mock race: I think there were 5 n250’s, 1 cbr 250 and a ktm 390 and a whole field of about 30 other larger bikes. Needless to say, even after my crappy start we still are in the mix of big bikes entering turn 1. My friend on a duck 1099 is right beside me on exit of turn 1 and he thinks I won’t hold my line and I watch him kick up dust as he leave the track surface but didn’t go down thank goodness. The rest of the race was a nice battle between Alex and myself trying to get through traffic and he sneaks a pass in. I get him back some time later when I stop being a sissy and trust my skills on tires I don’t like. We finish the race just a few seconds behind the 390 rider. Believe it or not, ALL 3 mock races where green the entire time. Nice!

AwDang’s boy is smooth as silk out there, and is a very safe rider even when in close quarters with other riders. Wish everyone played that well with others. Did I mention he is darn fast too. Jeff (jschuster2) and another fellow 250 racer Dave on an sv was there to also mix it up with us.

After getting the air out of the r6’s cooling system, I am back to riding it to finish the day and put around with my friend Kevin, Bobby and a few other riders from my local group.

Dog status
He was still cold
Holes dug: 4

Large mustache pic...

Kevin catching some sun on the new paddock chairs.

Monday – A lil’ bit of errything
Once again, waking up with a toothache. I take something with my coffee and sit out the first session. The track belonged to mostly to the AFJ group from the north. It was so cool to see a friend just about every lap instead of just some random bike with an unknown rider. At this point my tires have 27 track days on them and my friend on the 1099 challenges me to some hot laps. So what do you do when your friend wants to up his game by chasing you down? You follow him for a few laps to get an idea of what to do then have at it of course. After that though, IT’S ON! I slid around sooooo much but it was so much fun. Next year I will new tires.

The weather is a bit warmer so the dog is happier but then I noticed and odd silence. And that is when we heard the crash truck coming from turn 1. Yep, it was my paddock neighbor and friend Jeff that had went down. The rider and the bike both had a broken lever (bike = clutch, rider = wrist). Track medical pestered him to go to the hospital nearly for the rest of the day but I offered to take him, drive him home or handle anything else that was needed. He sat there like a boss all day though.

Kevin finally felt the power of quick turning and was able to get his knee down again after all the time he has spent mentally recovering from his crashes. +3 more clean days at the track.

Dog status
He was warmer
He was glad to get home
Holes dug: 0

Loading was easy and pretty quick, we helped Jeff load his bike so he didn’t get his wrist all worked up before the ride home and we caravanned back home. All was well until the Smokey Mountains where we hit snow covered highways. That sucked….but we all made it home ok.

Trip Casualties
I normally break at least one thing every trip. Here is the replacement list this time around.
1 celine rail in my trailer
2 marker lights
1 coleman propane camping stove
1 ezup (folded under high winds)

TLDR - We came, saw, rode, had a good time, made new friends, caught up with old friends, came back home happy.

Old February 11th, 2016, 01:48 PM   #93
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Thanks for the kind words Chris

Old February 11th, 2016, 01:49 PM   #94
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

I am super bummed that we didn't get a pic together Pat. Next time for sure!

Old February 11th, 2016, 11:11 PM   #95
hfd1 tuner
ninjette.org member

Name: charles

Motorcycle(s): many mostly racebikes cbr565 fzr490 ex250ish

Hey everyone wish I had known more people from the forum where there. Pat Andrew my daughter and myself came to the track just for Sunday We had a late start Sat due to my anal self prepping the 250 We just grabbed a Hotel had a good sleep and shower. Made the track early unloaded the stuff Reg. my daughter for her first ever time riding a street bike. Yes I tried not to puke...She is just 12 years old but has been following dad around the paddocks for years and wants to learn more on the racing. She and ED got together and he worked with her (many Thanks to the whole staff for letting her get out there ) She was very slow but did not give up and made all the novice sessions. I was there to help Andrew aka grasshopper get into the turns better and shake down a troublesome KTM390. This bike is pure evil it had so many problems in off season testing not sure how Gabe rode it so well. Anyhow first Inter session made it 4 laps started to skip and fart running too warm came in got Melaine shoe horned in her sumo suit as she calls it fired the 250 up and watched her roll out. Guys there are no words to type on how I felt at that moment ..... could not watch. I have been helping young and old racers for 20 years It is way different when it is yours out there so all the times I have told dads and moms it is ok they will do fine I finally got to feel what they felt. Back to the KTM water was low so topped it off water pump was working back together. Ran fine Mel comes in crying saying she is sorry and I ask why she says she is too slow. I tell her it is fine and get bike back on stand get her calmed down walk it off and asked staff if they were mad at her and they all said it was fine and they were glad she made laps it did not matter if it was a 5 minute lap or a 2 minute one they all are the same a complete lap. Ed came over they talked. She is so like me she wants to do good at everything. Next session Ktm does what it should handling issues all fixed no more wiggle played with Andrew life is good Packed Mel rolled her off watched her for 2 laps could not watch anymore... Next session played with Andrew Ktm showed its self again running hot...suspect head gasket topped water off again and yup bubbles in rad. But better to happen now than at Barber our first real team test 2016 with Josh and Garrett. Limped the Ktm one more session just to confirm suspention is right and tight, By the way you can cross KTM 390 off my bucket list The Kawasaki 250r is a better bike right out the box just my thought yours may differ.
Mel keeps on rolling and is now smiling and having a better time we are sharing her ride now of course she says do not wreck it dad... I entered the Mock race in the back next to last row all good zoomed up into the group had good battle with several guys some of the last row guys made it fun we all needed a few more laps, Good times. Mel kept going and I pushed grasshopper we all left out tired hungry and all in one piece. Mel is asking when we go back...so it was a blast
hfd1 tuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #96
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfd1 tuner View Post
my daughter for her first ever time riding a street bike. Yes I tried not to puke...She is just 12 years old but has been following dad around the paddocks for years and wants to learn more on the racing.
Just wait till she grids up next to you and drag races to turn 1. Or the eventual passing you 4 laps in and riding away....

Old February 12th, 2016, 06:53 AM   #97
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Just wait till she grids up next to you and drag races to turn 1. Or the eventual passing you 4 laps in and riding away....
ikr!!! Darn kids...

@hfd1 tuner That was your daughter? I stood by the fence with my coffee watching her get going down hot pit and her first 3 or 4 laps. Kudo's to her! Looked like she was keeping her cool out there and everyone starts somewhere. Having done 35 mph laps myself with a rider in tow, we love what we do and are super happy when they come back to the paddock proud of themselves, had fun and learned a thing or two. That is what it's all about.

You know Gabe? He and I have rode track, shared a few garages and hotel rooms over the years. Such a small world indeed. Now I am bummed again that I didn't get the chance to come meet you guys.

Maybe ya'lls will find yourself at another track where I am there and we can shake hands. If not, we go to Jennings every Feb and maybe catch up then.

Glad ya'lls had fun!

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:15 AM   #98
Foxrider64
Hello Moto

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1975 RD350; 2001 KX125; 2003 Z1000; 2003 KDX50; 2009 ZX6R; 2011 Ninja 250R; 2014 KX250F

I didn't realize who was who when we were there. @AwDang and @hfd1 tuner I spoke with both of your kids throughout the day. The boys were boys and willing to take a challenge. I am not sure which one (on the yellow bike) it was, but in the mock race we gridded up side by side and I could feel his excitement. We had a blast.

Your daughter looked great out there! Please tell her that as I spread word around that she was only 12 my friends had instant respect for her. Kudos to you and your family for allowing and encouraging her out there.

Chris- thanks for the battle buddy. It was a ton of fun and I seriously think that two of the sessions all three days made the whole weekend and dicing it up with you and "Vin Diesel" made them that way. Tell Kevin that I hope to get his video uploaded this weekend.
Foxrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:26 AM   #99
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
All the Pre Trackday Foodie hype and not a single Post Trackday Foodie report or pic?
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #100
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
I'm not losing sleep over the lack of food pics, but I'd appreciate a link to all this video that's being mentioned.

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #101
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrider64 View Post
I am not sure which one (on the yellow bike) it was, but in the mock race we gridded up side by side and I could feel his excitement. We had a blast.
this one?

that's Dangit!

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:44 AM   #102
Foxrider64
Hello Moto

Motorcycle(s): 1975 RD350; 2001 KX125; 2003 Z1000; 2003 KDX50; 2009 ZX6R; 2011 Ninja 250R; 2014 KX250F

Quote:
this one?

that's Dangit!
I believe that was him, yeah.

Before the number board went up i looked over at him and he was just waiting for me to look over so he could rev his bike in a full tuck eager to get me riled up too.

Fun stuff

Old February 12th, 2016, 08:48 AM   #103
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

I didn't run video, but others did. I do have some food pics that I will upload when I get a free chance.

Old February 12th, 2016, 09:22 AM   #104
Foxrider64
Hello Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I didn't run video, but others did. I do have some food pics that I will upload when I get a free chance.
I'm uploading some in the background while at work today. I'll post links. They are unedited clips so probably a little boring to watch

Old February 12th, 2016, 10:10 AM   #105
Foxrider64
Hello Moto

Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to original page on YouTube.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:57 PM   #106
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
All the Pre Trackday Foodie hype and not a single Post Trackday Foodie report or pic?
There... I found one

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:25 PM   #107
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Name: El Jefe

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki 636

@csmith12 I'm really hoping next season you guys can come join us. Considering there were only two smaller bikes out there with us this season (Not including the racer on his rc390 and the new to street bikes 14 year old kid on his ninja 250). I'd love to get a hand full of all of the experienced 250/300s to come join us. Let me know if you think you might be able to do that next season and I will get you in on our group
ninja-turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:28 PM   #108
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Well thanks but, there is a catch....

May I bring 25 friends?

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #109
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Seriously though, with enough planning... anything can happen. I just need to send the wife the Daytona for the week. Then I could catch the AFJ trip with my local group and then kill some time until the following weekend with your group. Would be great fun thanks for the invite too!

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:43 PM   #110
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Seriously though, with enough planning... anything can happen. I just need to send the wife the Daytona for the week. Then I could catch the AFJ trip with my local group and then kill some time until the following weekend with your group. Would be great fun thanks for the invite too!
Do your 25 friends all ride 250s/300cc? If so we might be able to work something out

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:57 PM   #111
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Nah, out of my group of friends that came from the north, only 2 others had brought their 250s. Both are members here so we can tag them when we know next year's dates.

Old February 26th, 2016, 04:46 PM   #112
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:

For bike week?

You know the devil lives in Daytona!

Old June 11th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #113
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

@ninja-turtle - I am trying to plan this "extra" jennings time for next year. Can you keep me in mind as your plans firm up please? It would my pleasure to come ride with you guys/gals.

Old June 11th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #114
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
@ninja-turtle - I am trying to plan this "extra" jennings time for next year. Can you keep me in mind as your plans firm up please? It would my pleasure to come ride with you guys/gals.
wut he said^

Old June 12th, 2016, 10:12 AM   #115
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Quote:
wut he said^

Got you. It will take place sometime around Mid-Feb I believe. I will keep you guys updated.

Old January 7th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #116
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

@csmith12
Will the AFJ road show be on tour this winter?

Old January 7th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #117
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Yes sir!

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showt...-11-12-amp-13!

Old January 7th, 2017, 02:20 PM   #118
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Glad you bumped this AwDang, thanks
@ninja-turtle - Is your planned event still happening the week before the junkie crew gets there? At this point, I will need all the time possible to have a chance at attending but doing my best.

Old January 7th, 2017, 02:21 PM   #119
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Sweet!
we might have to do all 3 days this time.
I have the 80's dual cassette boom box too

Old January 7th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #120
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Awesome, I will bring the cardboard and sir mix alot cassettes.

Son coming along? I hope so. Feel free to pit up by us if you like, you can consider yourselves honorary "junkies."