ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:01 PM   #1
Darksik
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 99' Suzuki Katana 600 (RIP)

Screwdriver allen tip inside the tire

fast description

I was trying to check the rear brake caliper, the allen tip i was using fell of the screwdriver on the right side of the bike, and went inside the metal bar where you adjust the chain, i lift the wheel with a car jack and spin the wheel, and i hear the tip spining inside the tire.

Here is my question

¿Can i move the bike slowly? Because the mechanic is 20km away from my house

I hope your help guys

ps: was like this the tip who is inside the tire

Darksik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:21 AM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Was the tire deflated when this happened? If the tire bead was not seated on the rim, the bit could have fallen in to the tire when you thought it somehow went in to the swing arm.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:29 AM   #3
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
I'm confused. You said it fell into this area in another post -

"A bolt went here inside, is any problem if i run the bike with a bolt inside that tube where you adjust the chain?

"

That suggested it went into an opening in the swingarm (which I didn't think there was).

Could it be sitting on the inside lower lip of that bracket? Not sure where else it could go?

I don't think it would cause the problems you are experiencing here - https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=311931.

Anyone following this better than I am?
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Where exactly do you think the tip remains? In the tire? In the swingarm?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:41 AM   #5
Darksik
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Was the tire deflated when this happened? If the tire bead was not seated on the rim, the bit could have fallen in to the tire when you thought it somehow went in to the swing arm.
No, that happend with the tire inflated, but that the allen tip got through the swing arm and ended inside the tire idk how that happend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Where exactly do you think the tip remains? In the tire? In the swingarm?
i think is now in the tire, because when the tip was in the swingarm, i move the bike thinking that could move at the end of the swingarm where you open a lid, and i notice the tip was in the tire because i lift the bike with a car wrench and spin the wheel and i hear the tip inside the tire

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:49 AM   #6
Darksik
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I'm confused. You said it fell into this area in another post -

"A bolt went here inside, is any problem if i run the bike with a bolt inside that tube where you adjust the chain?

That suggested it went into an opening in the swingarm (which I didn't think there was).

Could it be sitting on the inside lower lip of that bracket? Not sure where else it could go?
Sorry for my bad english, it was a tip who went inside the bike no a bolt, the tip went inside in the swingarm, i rode the bike in the street of my house and the tip moved to the tire and idk how it moved

Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:11 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

If the tire was inflated - how would something from the outside ever get inside? I'm not sure I understand?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:51 AM   #8
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
If the tire was inflated - how would something from the outside ever get inside? I'm not sure I understand?
It's a little known physics trick !!! It's how magician's rings work. You're able to move objects through other objects without disturbing either one. Seems to happen more often with bikes, cars and tools than any other household objects. I put wrench in toolbox and magically it sends itself to under bench. I laid new master-link on bench to install after lunch. Came back after lunch it it had jumped into my toolbox!!! It's teleportation!!! or Transmogrification!!!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; February 23rd, 2018 at 01:12 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 12:04 PM   #9
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Been awhile since I owned a Ninjette, but...

On both of my bikes (GSX-R and R6) the rear wheel hub is hollow and has a big hole in it (between the spokes, facing the rim), presumably to keep water from taking up residence.

I can imagine a foreign object falling in there and rattling around when you spin the wheel. It wouldn't be in the tire (as noted, it's impossible to get an object inside the tire without deflating the tire first). It'd be inside the wheel hub.

But the hole on my bikes is so big that it'd soon fall out.

Again, don't know if this applies to Ninjettes at all... but it's all I've got. Sorry.

Suggest you remove the rear wheel and shake it/move it around to locate the bit. If you don't hear it, then it's not in the wheel at all.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:37 PM   #10
redonninrf
ninjette.org member

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, 2017 Triumph Thruxton 1200 Classic (not the 'R')

Was thinking the same thing - was the wheel hub not the tire. The holes on my 2008 are huge. Looking inside there might be some places it could get stuck. Double-check that the noise is coming from the hub. If so probe around with a good flashlight and one of those mechanic's magnetic pick-up tools. You can buy one at any autoparts or hardware store..

Last futzed with by redonninrf; February 23rd, 2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling
redonninrf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2018, 06:15 PM   #11
Darksik
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
It's a little known physics trick !!! It's how magician's rings work. You're able to move objects through other objects without disturbing either one. Seems to happen more often with bikes, cars and tools than any other household objects. I put wrench in toolbox and magically it sends itself to under bench. I laid new master-link on bench to install after lunch. Came back after lunch it it had jumped into my toolbox!!! It's teleportation!!! or Transmogrification!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Been awhile since I owned a Ninjette, but...

On both of my bikes (GSX-R and R6) the rear wheel hub is hollow and has a big hole in it (between the spokes, facing the rim), presumably to keep water from taking up residence.

I can imagine a foreign object falling in there and rattling around when you spin the wheel. It wouldn't be in the tire (as noted, it's impossible to get an object inside the tire without deflating the tire first). It'd be inside the wheel hub.

But the hole on my bikes is so big that it'd soon fall out.

Again, don't know if this applies to Ninjettes at all... but it's all I've got. Sorry.

Suggest you remove the rear wheel and shake it/move it around to locate the bit. If you don't hear it, then it's not in the wheel at all.
Sorry for talking so weird, i lift the bike and the screw tip was inside where you adjust the chain the noise that i think was another thing.

Also with the brake pop, the mechanic lube the caliper and pistons and the pop dissapear