ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Gear-related

Notices

Closed Thread

Old December 6th, 2015, 07:04 PM   #1
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Dainese Aero Evo C2 Dainese Aero Evo C2 EU52 White/Blue/Fluo Red

New with tags Dainese Aero Evo C2, size 52 EU. The Dainese tote bag, suit bag/dust cover, and leather protection kit are all included.

I bought this Dainese suit brand new at the beginning of November from a shop in Spain. Couldn't find any local retailers to try it on. The only nearby shop listed as a Dainese retailer stocks precisely zero suits of any sort Anyway, I tried it on when it got here, and I'm not 100% thrilled with the fit. Hasn't left the house or been on any rides...it's just hanging there taunting me. Returning it would've cost me another $300; at that rate I'll either find a buyer or just live with it.

I paid $966, and that's what I'm aiming to recover. Closeout prices at Revzilla are still $1200. I have no idea what's best regarding payment method. Despite years of buying things online, I've never sold anything . If by some miracle I do get it sold, I plan to reinvest in a custom suit from Hazardous. So...well, you should probably just get a custom one from them or another custom shop instead, but feel free to buy my Dainese suit if you want. I'd certainly appreciate it.

Manufacturer advertising copy:

The Dainese Aero EVO C2 Race Suit is designed for the most serious track day enthusiasts, with aluminum shoulder, elbow and knee sliders as well as Pro Shape soft armor to give you MotoGP level protection and style. The Bi-axial elasticated insert system ensures this suit will hug you tighter than an overzealous grandmother, while the fixed nanofeel lining keeps that sweaty embrace from becoming a Petri dish. The Dainese Aero Racesuit also comes ready for Dainese’s water bag kit to keep you hydrated during those blistering days out on the tarmac.
Protection:
  • Composite protectors certified to EN 1621.1/97 Standard
  • Co-injected shoulder with aluminum insert
  • Pro Shape soft protectors certified to Standard EN 1621.1/97 at sides
  • Suit certified to CE - Cat. II - 89/686/EEC directive
Features:
  • D-Skin leather
  • S1 fabric
  • Aluminum inserts on the shoulders, elbows and knees
  • Elasticated abdomen
  • Bi-axial elasticated insert system
  • Microelastic elasticated inserts
  • Inserts in elasticated fabric
  • Elasticated inserts
  • Collar with elasticated insert
  • Double calf zip
  • Suit to boot fastening system
  • Localized perforation
  • Fixed Nanofeel lining with inserts in
  • 3D Bubble air spaces fabric
  • Aerodynamic spoiler
  • Pocket for water bag kit
  • Pocket for chest protector
  • Soft insert
  • Reflective inserts
  • Replaceable sliders
  • Internal pocket
  • Oversuit provided
  • Includes Protection & Cleaning Kit

Old December 7th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #2
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

FYI you should really look in to how custom orders through Hazardous have gone for previous customers.

tl;dr - not well.
CVMA #531

Old December 7th, 2015, 04:55 PM   #3
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
FYI you should really look in to how custom orders through Hazardous have gone for previous customers.

tl;dr - not well.
I'll do that - any suggested horror stories?

Interesting that they just signed on as something like a preferred vendor for TPM, which hosts the most accessible ninjette race series I've encountered in this part of the world. They've also been the best experience I've had with any of the tailors or sellers I've talked to in the past couple months, so I'm certainly curious what was wrong with the product.

..but as long as the above remains unsold, any custom shop is just a curiosity for me.

Old December 8th, 2015, 04:03 PM   #4
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

The first two posts here are a good place to start: http://www.socalmoto.org/forum/showt...ight=hazardous
CVMA #531

Old December 14th, 2015, 04:50 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/closed at OP's request.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread