Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Notices

Old October 25th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #1
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Digital speedometer

I bought a digital speedometer from eBay and I received a different one then what I wanted, I was trying to get a refund but it's eBay and I've been on the phone repeatedly about this and it's turning into a headache, I paid $45 for it so I'm asking $40 just to be done with it.
I don't want a round speedometer, not my style, I'm willing to work on shipping.

This is what I received.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Mot...%257Ciid%253A9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171024_215332.jpg (62.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171024_215348.jpg (65.0 KB, 0 views)
NaturalFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
There is no paper-trail with phone. I always take screen-shots of original items with "paid" shown.

1. Dispute it with vendor via eBay channels.
2. Then take it up with PayPal if needed.
3. Then credit-card company that funded PayPal account.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #3
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

I have original email for paying for the product, I don't have a eBay account so I checked out as guest.
When contacting eBay I advised them that it tells me to upgrade to a free account to request refund. So I did that and it tells me I don't have a purchase history so it wouldn't let me open a dispute.
Contacted eBay about it they contacted seller on my behalf, then they asked for pictures of item and it wouldn't let me respond. Contacted eBay again and they advised me that I need to login to respond and I argued with them about how it doesn't work.
They keep telling me I need to respond/work with the seller to get a refund and since they are responding they can't step in and help.

Old October 25th, 2017, 08:01 PM   #4
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

This really sucks. Most of time on disputed transactions, I've found it much, much easier to get refund and re-order correct item from someone else. I've had great resolutions where seller refunded my purchase and had to go all way to having credit-card company reverse charges because eBay & PayPal were no help.

Sounds like you've got to reconcile your guest-account transaction with your new registered one. Perhaps getting eBay to consolidate those would at least put the transaction into your registered history. Not sure what their mechanism is for that, but anything's possible with computers. Just have to find someone who knows how to push correct sequence of buttons.

Old October 28th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #5
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

Got a refund on the item and still got to keep it. So it's still for sale.
Im going to re wire this one to let everyone know how to wire it up and if it works.

Old October 29th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #6
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalFlavored View Post
I bought a digital speedometer from eBay and I received a different one then what I wanted, I was trying to get a refund but it's eBay and I've been on the phone repeatedly about this and it's turning into a headache, I paid $45 for it so I'm asking $40 just to be done with it.
I don't want a round speedometer, not my style, I'm willing to work on shipping.

This is what I received.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Mot...%257Ciid%253A9
I have had no problem returning and getting a refund on an eBay item. Just go through the on-line process. You've really got a good case if what you received is different than what was pictured on the listing.

This unit has been used with great success on Honda FT500 bikes whose gauges are nearly extinct on the used market. I have installed their temperature gauge on my Ninja and it works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibwT2jmuRxw

Bill

Old October 29th, 2017, 10:27 AM   #7
DannoXYZ

Yeah, I really like the TrailTech stuff. Easy way to add tach to bike that didn't come with one.

Old October 29th, 2017, 05:00 PM   #8
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
I have had no problem returning and getting a refund on an eBay item. Just go through the on-line process. You've really got a good case if what you received is different than what was pictured on the listing.
I'd also like to add that, as a seller, plenty of people have been able to get refunds when I've done nothing wrong and the product is still fine. I've heard eBay's been cracking down on scummy buyers lately, so maybe it's better now.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #9
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

They agreed to give me a refund and keep the product.
So I got my money back but I no longer need the speedometer I already bought a different one from Amazon so I am still wanting to sell this one.

Old November 21st, 2017, 05:00 AM   #10
box_cup
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): stock 2009 EX250, streetfighter 2001 EX250, parts 1994 EX250

The fitment guide says it's just for Hondas? Do you know if it will work for a pregen? Have people on here used this one before?
box_cup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2017, 05:52 AM   #11
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_cup View Post
The fitment guide says it's just for Hondas? Do you know if it will work for a pregen? Have people on here used this one before?
I'm not sure what you're looking at but this unit has gotten good feedback from anyone who has installed it.

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/vapor/752-601

I have their coolant temperature gauge on my Ninja.

Bill

Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:55 AM   #12
95PGTTech
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
I'd also like to add that, as a seller, plenty of people have been able to get refunds when I've done nothing wrong and the product is still fine. I've heard eBay's been cracking down on scummy buyers lately, so maybe it's better now.
It's absolutely no different. 600+ ratings all 100%, over 1000 transactions probably 100 of those are selling. I haven't sold in years because all the buyer needs to do is sneeze and eBay/Paypal are bending over for them. There is literally zero burden of proof for the buyer, simply get your item and open a dispute, your money is refunded and now it is on the seller to resolve it.

One time as the buyer USPS showed tracking all the way to my house, delivery confirmation and all. I got no package. Filed a complaint despite the tracking number showing it was dropped off at my address, and was refunded nearly immediately. It was not a part that could be replaced so I also worked on my end calling USPS, calling local office, contacting manager. He said he was going to talk to the driver after I told him I get packages nearly every day and never have this issue, sometimes delays but never tracking shows it was here and it's not. I never heard back, but the very beat up package showed up 2 days later, obviously having gotten dropped and lost somewhere. Having been boned as a seller before, I made sure he got paid back for the item.
95PGTTech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2017, 09:51 PM   #13
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95PGTTech View Post
It's absolutely no different. 600+ ratings all 100%, over 1000 transactions probably 100 of those are selling. I haven't sold in years because all the buyer needs to do is sneeze and eBay/Paypal are bending over for them. There is literally zero burden of proof for the buyer, simply get your item and open a dispute, your money is refunded and now it is on the seller to resolve it.

One time as the buyer USPS showed tracking all the way to my house, delivery confirmation and all. I got no package. Filed a complaint despite the tracking number showing it was dropped off at my address, and was refunded nearly immediately. It was not a part that could be replaced so I also worked on my end calling USPS, calling local office, contacting manager. He said he was going to talk to the driver after I told him I get packages nearly every day and never have this issue, sometimes delays but never tracking shows it was here and it's not. I never heard back, but the very beat up package showed up 2 days later, obviously having gotten dropped and lost somewhere. Having been boned as a seller before, I made sure he got paid back for the item.
I ordered an item on 11/07/2017 and checking the tracking information up to 11/20/2017 the item never was never given to the U.S.P.S. for shipment - just a tracking number was created. On 11/20/2017 I wrote the seller and asked him to cancel the order. He wrote back and said he assumed it was lost in the mail and gave me a full refund. On 11/21/2017 the item was delivered to my mailbox. I wrote the seller again and explained what happened and asked him how he wanted me to return the $13.38. He wrote back to keep it and forget about it.

Go figure.

Bill

Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:13 PM   #14
DannoXYZ

I’ve been getting really poor tracking with USPS lately. In last month alone, I’ve had 5-packages “lost” when checking with their system. I open ticket to have them search for it... nothing! I call the recipients, and they got it a week earlier! To this day, USPS claims those packages are still en-route!

Old November 23rd, 2017, 07:23 AM   #15
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Same here, I've found that USPS tracking can vary, depending on how well the counter workers and others down the line do their jobs. It used to be that the counter worker didn't scan Priority Mail labels upon receipt, and if they didn't get scanned later, tracking would show they were never taken to the Post Office. I had a customer in Canada write me an angry email, calling me a liar for saying I shipped a CDI unit when I hadn't. He apologized later when the package showed up.

Interesting note: Don't use Express Mail for overseas packages, thinking it will be faster. Sometimes it is, but more often the items are held in customs a long time, and the customer that paid extra for faster service gets screwed, because once the package gets to the customs office in the destination country, the USPS considers it delivered, and your "guaranteed delivery" time is met. I don't know why the Express packages get held in customs longer, maybe it has something to do with crime or terrorism, and they get opened and examined.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2017, 10:23 AM   #16
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Same here, I've found that USPS tracking can vary, depending on how well the counter workers and others down the line do their jobs. It used to be that the counter worker didn't scan Priority Mail labels upon receipt, and if they didn't get scanned later, tracking would show they were never taken to the Post Office. I had a customer in Canada write me an angry email, calling me a liar for saying I shipped a CDI unit when I hadn't. He apologized later when the package showed up.

Interesting note: Don't use Express Mail for overseas packages, thinking it will be faster. Sometimes it is, but more often the items are held in customs a long time, and the customer that paid extra for faster service gets screwed, because once the package gets to the customs office in the destination country, the USPS considers it delivered, and your "guaranteed delivery" time is met. I don't know why the Express packages get held in customs longer, maybe it has something to do with crime or terrorism, and they get opened and examined.
Probably because if persons ship illicit material they want to get it through the system as fast as possible to avoid drug detecting dogs.

Bill

Old December 14th, 2017, 10:30 PM   #17
Bob2010
ninjette.org sage

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Probably because if persons ship illicit material they want to get it through the system as fast as possible to avoid drug detecting dogs.

Bill
Always fill those packages with a ton of glitter. Customs love glitter
Bob2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2017, 11:38 PM   #18
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob2010 View Post
Always fill those packages with a ton of glitter. Customs love glitter

Good thinkin' - or sneezing powder.

Bill

Old December 15th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #19
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
I’ve been getting really poor tracking with USPS lately. In last month alone, I’ve had 5-packages “lost” when checking with their system. I open ticket to have them search for it... nothing! I call the recipients, and they got it a week earlier! To this day, USPS claims those packages are still en-route!

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2017, 07:58 AM   #20
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post

I think the problem arises when the sender initiates the delivery with DHL, FedEX, or UPS and they hand off to the U.S.P.S. for local delivery. Recently I had a package delivered by DHL to Stowe, Ohio. The post office in Stowe never entered the DHL tracking number into their system and tracking died. I did get the package. A second situation came up again involving DHL as the origin sender. For two weeks It showed that a tracking number was created but DHL had not received the package. I cancelled the eBay order and my money was refunded. The package was delivered by the U.S.P.S. the next day.

A package was shipped from the state of Washington on 12/12/17 and has arrived at my post office this morning (12/15/17) at 5:22 AM. It will no doubt be delivered today.

Moral of the story - don not use DHL, FedEX or U.P.S.

Bill