ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old August 14th, 2022, 09:39 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

‘08-‘12 HID projector headlight w/ progressive turn signals integrated

Maybe this is old news but I couldn’t find mention of it:

Link to original page on YouTube.

I bought a cheap eBay HID kit years ago and never finished installing it. I got everything done inside the painted and resealed headlight assembly then found the kit was missing other parts. The whole project was an attempt to salvage a ruined headlight that was stored improperly and literally had the reflective parts flaking off (filled with wet leaves and muck). Affordable copies of the entire headlight assembly started showing up online soon after so I never went back. I guess I should’ve expected someone to start selling prefab kits inside a new headlight shell. This is way too gaudy for me anyway and I don’t expect people to see the animated turn signals right next to bright HIDs anyway.

CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2022, 11:20 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Was looking for something to approximate AsianCycle flush mount aero turn signals when I stumbled on these at SportBikeLights:
https://www.sportbikelites.com/Headl...p/xk043001.htm

“Headlight perimeter strips” with wiring for Daytime Running Lights and progressive/sequential turn signals.

They are too flashy for me but I would like a way to make my headlight more like two distinct headlights. Maybe something like those wired as DRL with a body-colored separator piece like they used to sell in Indonesia.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote