ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 29th, 2017, 11:41 AM   #1
solefamous
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja EX250R

How do you install license plate deep into fender?

Hi guys, I am not sure if there is a post on this because I couldn't find it but my question is, does anyone know how to relocate and install their license plate deep into the fender? where it is more hidden and less visible than it being more in the outer end of the fender. Any links, pictures or help would be great. Anyone who knows what I am talking about and has done it themselves or can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it ! Thank you
solefamous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2017, 11:47 AM   #2
e.419
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r

Found this on youtube. Is this what your talking about?

https://youtu.be/MBMySPRmzms
e.419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
With the plate angled toward the rear tire, it's going to get dirty fast, so not only it is in a less obvious position, it'll be difficult to read. I'd rather not give a cop extra reasons to pull me over.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2017, 12:21 PM   #4
solefamous
ninjette.org newbie

Yes it is !! Thank you that gives me a better visual on how I would do it. Do you know if we make new holes in the fender for it to be there?

Old June 29th, 2017, 12:23 PM   #5
solefamous
ninjette.org newbie

Is there a way to angle it less flat without it hitting the rear tire? Or that's the only possible location for it to be hidden

Old June 29th, 2017, 12:32 PM   #6
taz
????????????????

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250, 14 ninja 300, 09 1125CR

MOTM - May '17
@Triple Jim I'M GUESSING HE IS TRYING TO BE A RIDE LIKE IN THIS VIDEO IS ONE REASON HE WANT IT. AND THAT IT "LOOKS COOL" THE OTHER.

THIS IS THE "RIDE OF THE CENTURY" RIDE THAT THEY GET TOGETHER EVERY YEAR A COP HATED EVENT SENSE IT STARTED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwjHCIk6yU8

BUT ERIC COULD JUST BE DOING IT BECAUSE HE LIKE THE LOOKS.
taz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

It tends to depend on the local area. It's not an uncommon mod, but there are riding areas where it is a red flag for law enforcement. Elsewhere it might not be much of an issue. Here in CA, it's not worth playing games with plate placement, it will just cause more stress if one puts any real miles on the bike. It will cause extra attention and unwanted riding interruptions.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2017, 01:40 PM   #8
solefamous
ninjette.org newbie

@taz yes one of the reasons why is because I do think it does look cool but at the same time I really had the look of where the liscense plate is imo

& I'm not to sure how Strict is being that I reside in NYC. If anyone has any knowledge about that

Old June 29th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #9
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefamous View Post
@taz yes one of the reasons why is because I do think it does look cool but at the same time I really had the look of where the liscense plate is imo

& I'm not to sure how Strict is being that I reside in NYC. If anyone has any knowledge about that
NYC is not very bike friendly. Cops can and do pull you over for no reason other than to do a safety check. I believe the law states the plate needs to be conspicuously visible.

I've gotten a fixit ticket for a busted liscense plate light when a motorcycle cop waved me over for a safety check. After he gave me the ticket he told me to ride safe and was clearly expecting me to say will do or thanks. It took a real effort on my part not to tell him to go **** himself.

I'm pretty pro-cop in general but getting pulled over for no reason other than I'm on a bike is arbitrary and feels unfair. They can't do it if you are driving unless it's a checkpoint. I don't feel they should be able to do it for bikes either.

Anyway, enough editorializing.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2017, 10:21 PM   #10
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I was pulled over in the car a couple of times for license plate light being out- once in Malibu, and once a block from my house. Those are here in California, but yes, it happens.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote