ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #1
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Question Bought a fairing at a junkyard. How to clean it?

Ok so I bought what I believe is a rear fender plastic without the black part that holds the turn signals and license plate bracket. Gonna try and post pics so you guys can confirm this. The owner of the junkyard took $3.00 for the piece so if it turns out to be nothing I know I can flip it for about $20. Anyway it's pretty flawless as far as condition it's just muddy and needs a wash before I go any further with it. Should I just hose it down and then wash it up from there? Is there a cleaner that works for these fairing plastics that you recommend? And if you guys could kindly identify it that would be great lol. I know it came off a Ninja just don't know if it was a 250 and it would save me cutting the black plastic part off mine to make my own fender eliminator. For $3.00 I figured what the hell.

A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #2
taz
????????????????

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250, 14 ninja 300, 09 1125CR

MOTM - May '17
It looks like it came off a ninja 500
taz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Soap and water works fine.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:52 AM   #4
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
It looks like it came off a ninja 500
Yeah I do believe you're right. So highly unlikely it's gonna fit. I suppose I can measure the piece up for the hell of it. Oh well I'll wash it up real good and see what I can flip it for. For the price of a beer it'll give me something to do lol. Thanks @taz man I appreciate it buddy. Just hose it down and use a soft cloth to shine it up?

Old June 15th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #5
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Soap and water works fine.
Thanks man that's what I figured just wanted to know especially when it's time to wash my own bike. She's almost ready to ride! Can't wait.
Thanks again everyone here is always super helpful.

Old June 15th, 2017, 01:04 PM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
You can fit it. Make brackets that bridge mounting-points on frame to attachment-points on fairing. L-brackets, right-angle brackets, etc. from Home Depot works well, cut and bend as necessary. Drill holes, etc.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote