ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 8th, 2017, 06:55 PM   #1
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Yamaha NVX / Aerox 155. The "Sport" Scooter

Hey guys... I guess it has been a while since I posted anything, but here goes! Recently, in conjunction with the Malaysian MotoGP, Yamaha Malaysia held the ASEAN launch for its newest scooter line, the NVX 155 (or Aerox 155 in some countries), which is based on the same model of the Yamaha NMax. It is however is not a replacement of that particular model, but more of an addition to the scooter line.

I had personally ridden this scooter therefore I might give an insight on the built quality of this machine. Below is the specifications:

Engine : SOHC 4-stroke; liquid cooled single cylinder
CC : 155 cc
Bore 58mm x 58.7 mm
ratio 10.5: 1
power Max 11 kW (15 PS) @ 8000 rpm
Torque Max 13.8 Nm @ 6250 rpm
electric starter
Fuel Injection
V-Belt Auto transmission
P x L x T (mm) 1,990mm X 700mm X 1, 125mm
Weight 118 kg
fuel tank 4.6L

This scooter uses the keyless technology and is equipped with the immobilization technology. It also has the "locating bike" feature, which to me is useless. With a press of the remote, the bike beeps and you may find your bike again...... if it is not stolen.

However the only distinctive feature from this model than other scooters is the auto start / stop feature which, according to Yamaha is to maximize fuel efficiency and lowering the carbon emission of this bike. When stopping at a traffic light, the engine will automatically shut down and when the throttle is slightly opened, the engine will start hence the bike will move. Frankly, I am not impressed with this feature. Most probably it will consume the battery life too.

The riding experience however, differs from other scooters I have tested before. Normally for a scooter which engine displacement is below 200 cc, the scooter would have that funny wobbling handling experience, (since the front tyre is small) but on this thing, the handling is superb. The scooter handles really well on turns and really agile, even when the dry weight is almost 120 kg.

Panel is in LCD which gives this sporty look. But the brake is only equipped with a disc brake at front and drum on the rear which is quite funny since the NMax model is equipped with disc brake for both front and rear.

I personally think that this bike is worth it if you wish to have as an addition to your bike collection. But if it is for your main transportation, you may get something much more practical such as the Kawi Z250 SL.

Images are from paultan.org, pandulaju.com.my and baophunuso.vn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NVX 1.jpg (99.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg NVX 2.jpg (161.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg NVX 3.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg NVX 4.jpg (84.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg NVX 5.jpg (61.3 KB, 0 views)

Last futzed with by Abu_Mishary; August 15th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.
Abu_Mishary is offline   Reply With Quote